Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would the Thrill be gone if all clothes were acceptable attire?

There hasn't been a thrill from dressing up in feminine clothes for me in many years,but the desire to do it is still very strong. What I feel most of all is a warm glow and a sense of utter satisfaction that I'm really a woman.

I think there's some thrill to "looking good" even if it is guy clothes such as a nice suit or whatever. I think if it were acceptable to wear women's clothes I would still get that kind of a thrill

Junior Member Samantha Sometimes's Avatar
    I've often thought about this. I think it's impossible to answer! I want to say that I'd dress everywhere all the time but if it wasn't "women's clothes" I doubt I'd want to wear it!
    Last edited by Samantha Sometimes; 01-04-2017 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Typo sorry

I would still want to present as a woman even if the clothes were accepted. It is not about it being OK in societies eyes for me it is about looking like I feel.

funny enough I have had more acceptable behavior over the past two years and the it is just exciting if not more than before. I just love to dress...
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

What do you mean by thrill? The dictionary definition, or something else? I'm asking this because I don't think it's thrill I feel when wearing women's clothes. It's more like a pleasant feeling, like I'm happy.

Although in closet, I still love wearing the clothes; I'm confident I would continue doing so even if by some miracle the world decides to change its opinion in regards to clothing and I could wear whatever I want (that would suit the occasion of course) without anyone batting an eye or any repercussions.

I think the variation in response to the question is due to variation in the kind of need crossdressing satisfies at a moment. I used to feel a thrill just from having access to the forbidden fruit of any piece of women's clothes. Now I never feel that- it is all available to me.

I still feel the thrill of sexual arousal when in the mood and I see myself looking sexually attractive in a flirty short skirt and imagine some fantasy sexual encounter. The thrill is gone when some burdensome thing like pulling up drooping panties interferes, or if I lose the arousal and get interested in something like a broken light switch, and the the layers of skirt and slip and stockings just feel like a complicated decorative package rather than a magic transporting elixir. Then I try to restore the thrill by removing more clothes so the perkiness is back.

When I am out on the town I lose the sexual edge, and don't feel a thrill, just a nice enjoyment of my dress and the general sense of feminine attractiveness, coupled with the sensations of skirt flowing or wind between my legs. That wouldn't go away if I could dress every day without restriction. I like the look and feel and would enjoy being able to enjoy it more. That enjoyment does depend on feeling relatively tolerant people around me, and that would be included in the 'no restrictions' scenario.
    Last edited by phili; 01-04-2017 at 10:24 PM.
    We are all beautiful...!

Quote Originally Posted by KimberlyJean View Post
    I would still want to present as a woman even if the clothes were accepted. It is not about it being OK in societies eyes for me it is about looking like I feel.
    I totally agree with Kimberly that just putting on the clothes would not make me happy or thrilled in any way. It is how we feel inside not what we look like on the outside.
    We crossdress to look the part and to feel we belong in the society's eyes, if we were to wear the clothes without the effort then I just don't think that we would fit in and still stand out like a sore thumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Princess,
    Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I was thinking more in the desire to dress.
    If someone is naked and the wind caught the skirt, there could be some type of exposure concern depending on who might have seen the goods.
    How could anyone be naked wearing a skirt?

Martina
    The girl my Mother longed for trapped inside a boys body If she had only known I was there.

Yes. If essentially it was all the same it would not have the same sense to it, at least for me and would be less thrilling. Truthfully, I wonder when people on these boards say things such as "I just like the fabric and therefore I like to only wear panties", ignoring the fact that nowadays you can get pretty much the same thing but marketed as underwear for men. The fact that an item is identified as a "for women item" is part of the appeal - and part of the thrill.

Aspiring Member
    Interesting rhetorical question, but one that I can't begin to answer. Without the differentness of which half of humanity gets to wear it without issues, would the tactile rewards remain the same? Given the nature of sexual reproduction in two parts, and the traditional organization of society around that binary, I don't think we can do any more than speculate and offer individual guesses. I just know for me that there's an inner satisfaction (which may or may not qualify as a "thrill") when I see a woman in the mirror, and whether that would be different is just unknowable.

I really don't get a 'thrill' out of dressing. It is an expression of who I am and if the stigma were gone, I would take full advantage of that opportunity. In fact, I'd probably wear the exact outfit I have on right now to work tomottow if I could.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

I don't get a thrill as you call it out of dressing, I feel many emotions such a happiness & joy, but perhaps the thrill of going out may be lessened.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Yes it would change for me, will be more thrilled, will be going out easily on sexy clothing, just like any GG does today.

Reality Check
    I'm not sure "thrill" is the right word, but for me it's the hair, boobs and hips as much or more than the clothing. Wearing a dress or blouse and skirt doesn't do a thing for me without the added female body parts.

There are a lot of different ways to crossdress.

Attachment 270994

i think that some people just accept that they are just clothes and wear what they see and like, this person looks totally female but is in fact a male model, no breast forms, padding, just someone who adopted the looks that they preferred, wish i had felt that way but society was different then....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

It is happiness not a thrill! Contented! No the happiness would not go away. They are after all just clothes. I would probably get dressed more! I derive happiness from nail polish, earrings, and my wig more than the clothes! Hugs LanaMae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Far from it my friend. The thrill for myself is having the freedom to be myself and express it.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Oh my goodness, I'd be dressed ALL THE TIME! And if not in full mode, I know I'd be in skirts and pantyhose everywhere!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I don't see it as a thrill its just my clothes.
    I dress everyday so its not a big deal.
    To those that have to hide I can see why its a thrill but if it were accepted I think a lot of CDs would probably go back to wearing guy clothes more because its less of a hassle

No, it would just make t easier for me to present as I would prefer to.
    Hugs, Carole

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    I was asking my wife this morning why she doesn't like to wear skirts.
    My wife volunteered the information without being asked. In her opinion, skirts require hosiery and heels. Skirts restrict some of her activities. She must be careful how she sits and moves her body. They are not as comfortable all day long as good jeans or leggings, though the heels and hose have more to do with this than the skirt.

I agree with Jennifer : ANYTHING that "only" women wear/show, we'd do that, no matter how small or insignificant.

Yesterday evening my wife came home and showed me a website that had men's pants and was asking me if this was the kind of clothing I was wanting. A little while later I went downstairs in a new pair of ladies slacks I purchased online per her recommendation from last week. She told me that the slacks looked very nice, a little too big, and agreed that the fabric was nice. I proceeded to go upstairs and retrieve the other two unopened pairs. I went back to the living room and removed the pair I was already wearing and put on another pair that she also thought looked very nice except a little too big. I told her that I ordered the size I thought was correct based on the size chart. She told me she doesn't like to order online because of sizing issues. She showed me the male clothing again online. I told her to go to the hanes site. Then we went to JMS site and in the search window typed in the product number of the items I purchased. The ladies slacks were $12.99 versus $39.99 for the men's. I am sure that is the same case with the panties vs comparable men's briefs. Anyway, this is all new to us and the modeling and correspondence went well. The criteria I established in regards to the clothing is that I want nice fabric, nice look, elastic waistband, slacks that stay up without a belt, silky smooth feel. Honestly if they met that criteria and were clean in my drawer, I would take out a pair and wear them. I suppose that once we accept clothing as our own, it is no longer crossdressing in regards to us wearing it. It is only crossdressing in regards to how society perceives the attire. Obviously a full female makeover, is more than just wearing clothing deemed gender specific.
    Last edited by Billy; 01-16-2017 at 09:47 AM.

The thrill has and will always be there. I love wearing femme clothes. However, the thought of wearing whatever I wanted is beyond being thrilling. I would be elated over the idea wearing my femme clothes with no issues whatsoever. It would be my dream and I know someday it will happen.

No thrill at all, so if it were considered normal to wear clothes clearly designed for women, what I'd call it would be a relief. Sort of the way you feel when you've driven through a riot neighborhood at 2 a.m. on a hot summer night, and made it home without incident; the tension is gone.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Aspiring Member
    I concur with sometimes_miss. I don't derive any 'thrill' from wearing clothing associated with the female gender. The conduct at stake for me is presenting myself as female, and I don't think that would change or leave me, nor does it arouse me now. On the other hand, I think the fashion landscape would move back to pragmatic designs instead. As a secondary school / college student I'd rather have worn a kilt than trousers... I would in fact foresee the revival of chiton-like garments.