Thread: Deep Vein Thrombosis.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Deep Vein Thrombosis.

Everyone on HRT has heard about, and maybe worried about it.
    This morning I was certain I was having a heart attack. Living in the boonies, I was not going to wait for an ambulance, and drove myself to the hospital. I got there running on about 10% consciousness.
    The doctors decided it wasn't my heart, but knew it was serious. A cat scan later, it was determined I have multiple blood clots in my lungs, having come loose from in my calves.
    HRT is pretty darn safe, and the risk of blood clots goes down considerably each year. After 4 years on estrogen, the odds just got the better of me.
    I will be on blood thinners all my life, and not 'right' for a long time. Serious stuff.
    As my girlfriend said 'You can reduce a risk, but you can't get rid of one'.
    At least I'm still this side of the lawn.
    Last edited by I Am Paula; 01-04-2017 at 09:13 PM.