Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deep Vein Thrombosis.

So sorry to hear that Paula. I wish you the best going forwrd. A friend of mine on hormones had a stroke caused by her continual lack of sleep and her hormones. She is off them, which was a great blo3w to her emotionally. However, she is still moving forward and recently had he BA surgery. Keep strong and live long. Life really is worth it all.

That's heartbreaking Paula. I've got nothing to say that just wouldn't sound glib. My heart is with you. Lisa

Paula, I hope and pray that things go well for you in the future.

Gold Member
    Paula, I am so sorry. I hope this plan works out so that you return to some level. Being this many years into HRT, I would suspect a lower level would still be beneficial mentally.

Any changes that were going to happen have happened, so the E was mostly for my peace of mind. One week without E and I'm not noticing anything yet, but maybe it slowly drains out. We'll see. Thanks

So your Dr. actually thinks that your incidence and your Estrogen protocol are unrelated? You look very trim in the pictures I've seen of you. I assume you don't smoke and I suspect you exercise or are at least pretty active. This really seems to be out in left field. Have you checked to see what your family history look like for something like this? Very mysterious. I would think after all the time you've been on the E, your body will most probably masculinize pretty darn slowly.... if at all since if I remember right, you're post SRS. I mean, my cis gendered S.O. is in her 60s and the menopause ship has long sailed. There's nothing in any way masculine about her and she uses no HRT and her e levels are probably in the basement. So I would imagine you'll be okay, but what do I know. I just want to say how bummed I am that this should have happened to you. Especially given your circumstance. You seem strong and smart...I think those are excellent qualities for overcoming adversity. Good luck, Paula. I really am hoping the very best for you.
    Last edited by jentay1367; 01-11-2017 at 11:35 AM.

Untitled
    Sometimes we need to do things that are unpalletable (sp) for the greater good. You may want to consider another route, which are not allowed for discussion here, , which some cis females take in place of HRT when going through the 'pause.

Whatever will turn out to be the best option for you, I believe you are strong enough to pull through.

Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Lisa- not by any means. He's amazed that I had the problems I did after this long on HRT. He wanted me to quit completely, and forever. Not quite sure how you read in the rest.

If you're talking about the SRS...it may have been assumption or mis-remembering or mere conflation for some reason or another. I apologize. Sure hope you dont have to quit 4ever...good luck Sue.

Paula I hope your DVT problem gets resolved. Have not read much on DVT. Looks like most studies have been more recent and older age groups.

I was on HRT for 10 years 7 post SRS, from age 25-35. I never really felt any of the emotional/calming effects people talk about either way. When I quit, didn't feel much or any reversal of effects.

I am looking to get full blood tests, and a consult with an Endocrinologist soon. At age 66, I have plenty of other things to keep checking.

wow , as others have said , glad your ok ! I had chest pains 4 years ago ( 2 years on hormones at that time ) , myself , fortunately it turned out not to be an embolism in my case . But yea , just as you so smartly did, if any of us experience any thing best thing is to not hesitate !

Take good care of yourself, Paula--we need you here.

Lallie
    Time for a change.

Well....I didn't want to necro this thread, but your PM box is full. How are you feeling Paula? Are you healing and dealing with all the BS? I just wanted to touch base and make sure your getting better, physically and spiritually. Take care, Hon. Thinking about you.