Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone make a video of themselves walking in high heels?

Anyone make a video of themselves walking in high heels?

Has anyone else beside me done this? I did it to see if I could swing my hips more and to see how elegant/clumsy I am.
    I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"

I have as well, to see how smooth I walk.
    Hugs, Ellen

Platinum Member
    Anyone fessing up to posting on YouTube. I've watch many tutorials on YouTube or just plain uploads. Some postings with exaggerated strides seem so unnatural. I think it's not so much practicing, but, getting use to wear high heels for a long time during the day. The structure of the shoes seems to almost dictate the stride and hip movement. I've watch women at the mall walking with high heels and athletic shoes. There's a big difference in the presentation. Heck, I've seen early teen girls trying to walk in high heels and they're no different than the average non crossdrssing man wearing them during "Walk a Mile in her Shoes" events!

I thought I had a pretty good walk (because I didn't teeter or stagger) until I videoed myself walking. Not as feminine as I thought. Working on it, but most of my dressing lately is private, so it's no biggie any longer. There's more to it than managing the high heels - arms, hands, hips, posture and more contribute.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    No. I watch myself in the shop windows when walking thru the Vegas hotel malls, tho.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Yep, I hold my hands up, guilty as charged
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    I thought I had a pretty good walk (because I didn't teeter or stagger) until I videoed myself walking. Not as feminine as I thought. Working on it, but most of my dressing lately is private, so it's no biggie any longer. There's more to it than managing the high heels - arms, hands, hips, posture and more contribute.
    Think loose. Males are tight in more ways than one. Contrast a macho swagger with a beautiful woman gliding alone with everything flowing. You, know, the way most guys who dance do so like robots while the girls flow and twirl effortlessly? We had that stiffness pounded into our male brains, and it's up to us to release it.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have taken lots of videos to try and hone my craft to my liking but walking in heels around 3 to 4 in are not a problem.
    When you get into the upper realm of 5 on up walking is a whole new thing IMO.
    I tend to want to fall forward and that in itself looks pretty funny on video.

any time I've taken of video of me 'en femme', it pretty much puts me off crossdressing for a month or two till I recover from the shock

Count me in. I do make videos on me walking, especially at the beginning. It was good way to see how bad I was and so make progress. I also make videos on me dancing.
    As said above, it makes me realize how stiff I was.
    Boys who dress as girls have more fun.

Oh, most definitely yes...I make videos practicing my walk in heels. While I have no trouble walking in heels I've yet to perfect a feminine gait...more practice required and more watching youtube videos of cis-girls walking in heels to better perfect the art.
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

I've made videos of myself walking in heels. I do OK. High heels do not come naturally to women. I was in the entertainment bidness, and I have seen women in heels at weddings, like it was the first time they ever wore them. Unless a woman works in an office, or other dressy place, they might not wear heels for a year or more. Then some social event comes up, and they walk in heels like we do. It's a learned skill, and practice makes perfect.
    Also notice, when women are dancing, they often kick off their heels when they come back to the table. I also notice at dances, women would walk in wearing flats, and carrying their heels, to put them on when things got underway.
    Last edited by MelanieAnne; 01-05-2017 at 06:21 PM.

I have to hold my hand up high

Yes, I am natural walking in high heels.

Reality Check
    I have made videos of me walking in heels and flats. The problem is, walking away from a stationary camera, you don't get a lot of time to see yourself clearly. It would be better to have someone walking behind you with the camera.

I use still and video cameras as a tool to try to improve my looks and performance. I've been doing it for years.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Yes, I've made a few (hundred)!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I love to make vids of myself. That's kinda what i'm going for, to be girlish and a 25 footer. (passable at 25 feet , in dark light of course. )

Junior Member pantyhoselvr kendra's Avatar
    Guilty, while my wife filmed it. Needs work

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    LOL....I did way back in the day, just to see what I looked like, glad i threw out THAT vhs tape...LOL...picture me in 7 inch heels looking like a vampy latex tranny mess.....sooo glad its gone LOL

Reality Check
    Yes, a video of that brings you down to earth pretty quickly.

Aside from the point I made earlier of walking away from the camera (and back), we're never going to look natural in a video unless we are doing something natural. Something more natural than walking back and forth in out living rooms. Something like walking from the car to the mall. Something like walking from store to store in the mall.

I have made plenty and have never been pleased with what i saw on film. Not terribly horrible but I could use some work so that is why I keep practicing
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I have had a few SA's watch me walk in heels and comment that I do it better than they do. I highly doubt that. I think they were just being kind. Now I have to film myself and see what I look like. Thanks for the idea!!!

I've never walked any distance, or even kept them on very long, but I do notice that stepping in front of your other foot seems to be dictated by the heels. it also makes slipping a little less likely as you aren't as likely to slide outward, keeping your weight directly in front of you most of the time.

How did that happen ? Samantha2015's Avatar
    Oh yes I have shot a few just to make sure I didn't look like a gorilla in a dress.
    Like Krisi said it would be nice to have a follow cam as you walk but I'm a one woman video crew.
    I think it's a great idea to see how you look and correct bad movements.
    My voice may give me away but hopefully not my walking in heels.
    Hugs
    Samantha

I have, I think it helps especially if you've never seen yourself on video walking in heels. At first I looked like a linebacker in a dress but after "reviewing the tape" I've improved my walk and improved my look