Thread: Well that was fun

Aspiring Member

Well that was fun

As most of you know, I'm just getting started in the process of transition. My journey has been delayed by years of repression and denial but now that I've connected with my true self, things are moving very quickly. I know my pace has seemed to fast for some and for others it seems like I'm doing things out of order but its what works for my journey. I've been slowly pushing the envelope getting out in the real world as my true self. I don't have a blendable or passable female appearance since 39 years of damaging effects from testosterone have affected my face and build. I don't have a wig yet and my hair is barely long enough to be a very boy-ish style if seen on a AFAB woman. So let's just say when I go out, it's obvious who I am.

I've gone out presenting female in public only in relatively safe places. Church, friend's houses, my Therapist's office. I've gone to restaurants and other public areas in mixed presentation without issue. So I'm trying to push myself to do more of my everyday existence in full female presentation, and yesterday was one such opportunity. After my session with my therapist, I decided to celebrate getting my letter and HRT appointment by going to the nearby Ulta Beauty. I needed some makeup items for an upcoming trip so since it was right around the corner, I figured let's go. I had on light makeup, a fairly casual leggings and long sleeve shirt outfit, full female presentation but still as mentioned, very obviously transgendered. I had no safety nets, no one with me for support, I was just out doing my thing, being ME.

The people at Ulta were amazing. Greeted when I walked in by a male behind the counter, received helpful attention from multiple female SA's including one who helped me find the right concealer shade. The whole time she was applying it to check the color, she was super friendly and yet wasn't afraid to ask simple questions about me. I'm sure despite the conservative area I live in, that I'm not the first transgendered woman they've dealt with. Still it was great how natural they treated me and no problems with pronouns or mis-gendering whatsoever. It was a great confidence builder and yet another sign that for a large portion of the population, trans people are not some offense to their sensibilities but rather just people they share a planet with.

Excellent news, Lisa. I love shopping at Ultra too!
    Marie