Thread: From miserable dude to happy 46yo woman

From miserable dude to happy 46yo woman

I found happiness in this journey, it wasn't in a bottle of vodka nor hiding in ever-worsening depression or rule-based conformity. No, it required honesty and truth. From there is where I started truly living, thriving and understanding what faith really means.

And a word to those starting this journey, you will unpack other deep issues in your life that have never been dealt with. Unnpack them, master them, move on. Don't be afraid of what you have buried over the years, the quicker you deal with the suddenly unearthed deeper issues, the quicker you will find yourself, and find peace with yourself.

Be yourself, don't settle for less.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MonicaJean; 01-05-2017 at 05:16 PM. Reason: smaller photo
    Thankful for crossdressers.com, great people here have helped me realize who I really am on the inside. (formerly michelle1)

Aspiring Member
    Monica, You are a beautiful woman! Can you own that? Welcome home!.............Leanne

Hey Monica I sent you a PM before I read this thread... kinda answered my question Anyway you look great and I wanted to say I gain a lot of inspiration from your story (being a similar age)!

Hey there Monica - clean out your PM Inbox a little will ya? I tried to respond but it got kicked back to me as your inbox being full
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 01-07-2017 at 02:41 AM. Reason: multiposting is posting 1 after another in the same thread when you could have edited the previous reply

Wow! This a beautiful story with a great...I couldn't say end, right? Whatever, with a nice present.
    You're a beautiful woman.
    I'n new in this forum so forgive my silly questions, what stage are you Monica in the transition?
    Btw, I love labradors and that was a nice puppy, as time has passed by, do you keep him/her?
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Vanessa, You're right, there is no end, it just keeps going forward... one foot in front of the other.

I'm at a stage where I've been fully out for a year and living for about as long. The worst of the journey has been traveled through. The stage I'm at now that life has leveled off is picking up the pieces and moving on to build a better life.

I wish I could keep my dog, but I cannot here where I live. She's at my ex's with her dog. The dogs get along great. I really miss him

Good luck!!
    Thankful for crossdressers.com, great people here have helped me realize who I really am on the inside. (formerly michelle1)

Ex prisoner in paradise CostaRicaRachel's Avatar
    You look fantastic! Congratulations!
    Although your current visions might be grounded in reality,
    there are no shortcuts to get from here to there.
    Face the facts and realize that you still may have to manifest this
    dream the old-fashioned way: by creating a concrete plan,
    putting in the hard work and maintaining an
    unwavering determination to make it happen.

You look great in that pic! I've just started on my own journey now so your post has really spoken to me this week. Thank you for posting it!

Thank you Rachel!

Good luck on your journey LookingGlass! This isn't easy but it's sooooo worth it!

Platinum Member
    you really can't argue with the results! I know its really more about how you feel than how you loo, - and the object fact is that your looks reflect the happiness you have found in yourself! Congratulations!

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MonicaJean View Post
    Unnpack them, master them, move on. Don't be afraid of what you have buried over the years, the quicker you deal with the suddenly unearthed deeper issues, the quicker you will find yourself, and find peace with yourself
    First of all, you are absolutely beautiful, thanks for sharing your journey with us. I'm so happy for you finally finding yourself and peace in your own skin. Second, you're 46 now, would you mind sharing at what age you started your transition?

Finally, I want to thank you for the line I've quoted above. This struck a cord deep in me. Since I've started this journey, I've had a number of people tell me to slow down, I'm moving to fast. Yet my inner voice keeps pushing me. People seem believe that I'm making decisions on a whim without understanding how deeply I've had to consider each step, how much I've had to work through in terms of issues like you mention and they seem to discount or not recognize that I've been dealing with this for 39 years. So your point kind of validates what I've been feeling, even if perhaps that's not quite how you meant it. I am early in my journey (hopefully starting HRT at the end of the month, limited RLE up to now), so your story is an inspiration for someone like me who is transitioning at middle-age.