Thread: Nine month progress report

Nine month progress report

Hi everyone,

I hope that everyone is better off than they were at the beginning of 2016.

When people who were frequently on the forum disappear there is some question of why they have left and if are they okay. I want to report that I haven't been better.

I have been full time for about a year, everywhere but in my home when my live-in granddaughter is about. Otherwise, I'm just a woman in the crowd, buying groceries, shoveling snow, dealing with city hall, dining in restaurants, etc. My name and gender have been corrected on federal and state identifications. I'm slogging through correcting the dozens of other places like licenses, certifications, registrations, living trust .... it seems to go on forever. I am valued and active in a local church, social, and activist groups. I am comfortable in my own skin.

I crossed the line ... I am and will be for the rest of my life, a woman, and it's wonderful.

Best wishes
    Val
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 01-07-2017 at 02:42 AM. Reason: we greet all members in this forum
    Quarterly TG Invasions: TgDetroit.com
    Facebook: MsVal Bralt

I'm glad to hear that you're doing well. But if you don't sharing, why are you not full-time at "home when [your] live-in granddaughter is about"? If anything I would think the younger generation of cis women would be more accepting of transgender people than anyone?

That's a good and valid question. The answer is not obvious from any of my prior posts

The reason that my 40 year old daughter and her daughter live with us is that she has significant emotional problems that prevent her from living independently. Seemingly small things would get amplified in her mind, and big things would send her into a days long depression. I am encouraged as a parent to see the progress that medicine and therapy have had over the past three years. More work remains to be done.

During a dark time in her recent life she said that it would be very difficult for her to deal with explaining my transition to her daughter and asked if I could avoid presenting feminine when the little one was around. I said that I respect her parental perogative and would comply with her request.

It is not hard to do. We have a nice finished basement with a full bathroom. The house's side door is at the top of the stairs. This has become my dressing room and sanctuary.

Thanks for asking.
    Love, Val

Ex prisoner in paradise CostaRicaRachel's Avatar
    Wow, that's great!
    Although your current visions might be grounded in reality,
    there are no shortcuts to get from here to there.
    Face the facts and realize that you still may have to manifest this
    dream the old-fashioned way: by creating a concrete plan,
    putting in the hard work and maintaining an
    unwavering determination to make it happen.