Thread: New breastforms, and taking my daughter out to dinner

New breastforms, and taking my daughter out to dinner

On January 3rd I received a new set of glueable Gel breast forms from Janet's Closet, and so I got dolled up and took my daughter to a Japanese restaurant for dinner to celebrate! We had a lovely meal, stopped for groceries on the way home, and both our waitress and the grocery check-out girl gave no indication that they saw me as anything but a normal female customer.

I wore a long denim skirt and knee high suede boots because it was pretty cold that night! And I was pretty pleased with the way the lace hem on my blouse showed under the winter sweater I was wearing.

The darker pics are in the restaurant, while the lighter ones with wood behind me are back at home, after dinner. Close-up by myself, the other three were taken by my daughter.

These forms are supposed to be a size 40D, but since I have an A-cup already, and they have flat backs, they look more like a 40DD on me, and give me a 48-36-44 figure. I like how they feel and jiggle, but I need more practice getting the glue layer thin enough so it adheres properly. I think they looked pretty nice, and natural enough that I still passed just fine. Clean-up was a bit messy when I took them off, but again, I think I applied too much glue and didn't let it cure long enough before going out with them on.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ceera,

Sounds like a good time was had by all.

Just for info, what glue did you use and how did you get if off afterwards?
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I got my first pair of breast forms just over a month ago. They're amazing, it's great having clothes fit the way they're supposed to. If anyone reading this is on the fence I'd definitely reccomend them. Mine are low end (£40) and more than worth it

Ceera, Janet's Closet web site has instruction video on how to use their breast forms. It is very thorough. Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

The glue I used was the one Janet's Closet specifically sells for use with their gel breast forms. They warn not to try any other type of glue. It looks rather like common white household glue, but when you spread a thin layer on the back of the forms and let them dry for 10 to 30 minutes before applying them, the glue turns from white to clear, and remains sticky and flexible.

I think I made several mistakes for my first try. They had arrived via UPS at mid day on a rather cold day, so I unpacked them and set the forms and glue bottle on my bed to warm to room temperature. An hour later the forms still felt pretty cold, so I put on a regular bra and tucked them in place with no glue, to warm with my body heat. Two hours later they felt fine. I prepared them in my bathroom, prior to taking a shower and freshly shaving my torso, and I probably applied the glue too thick. It should have shifted to clear in 10-30 minutes. But after an hour some small places still had not become clear. I dried my chest carefully after my shower, and when 90% to 95% of the glue was clear, I impatiently applied them and held them in place with a good-fitting normal 40D wireless bra. They seemed to adhere okay at first, so I finished getting dressed and made up. They felt okay when we left for the restaurant, but I didn't peek to make sure they were fully stuck down. After the evening out, I undressed and found that even with the bra still on, the edges had lifted up on the inward and upper sides of both forms. When I carefully peeled them off, some of that glue was still white! I carefully washed the glue off them and dried them off, then took a shower and scrubbed the glue off myself. The glue says to use soap and water for clean up and removal.

I will check those videos again. I watched them last year to learn how Holister's adhesive is used, but that was before they sold the gel forms, which use a different glue.

The humid air in the bathroom probably slowed the drying time. Next time I plan to set them on a tray in my laundry room, which is right next to my furnace room so happens to be a warm room (80 degrees or so) even when I am not doing any laundry. I will also apply as thin a layer as I can manage.

Wearing them with no glue to warm them prior to my shower probably left body oils on the backs of the forms, which I didn't wash off before applying the glue. Next time they will have been carefully washed with soap and water and dried before applying the glue.

I didn't give them any real time to stick in place before moving about, relying on the bra to hold them. Next time, I will attach them and then lay on my back for a while with the bra on, so they get stuck on properly.

Reality Check
    If the forms are flat and you are not, the edges will want to lift. Most of us really need concave backs but apparently, they cost more to make because in general, the prices are higher.

What we need is a company that sends a kit to make impressions of your chest and then creates custom forms to fit.

As a practical matter, others can't see if your form edges are lifting so only you know about it.

I'm glad you had a good time and you do look like a woman in the photos.

Thanks everyone!

Lana, I checked the Janet's website again, and their current videos only cover using Holister adhesive. No videos yet on using the new adhesive that they say is the only one you should use for the gel forms.

I do get the impression that the sites we buy our forms from not surprisingly recommend that "Only" their adhesive is safe to use with their forms. Today I bought some double sided tape intended to use with carpets. I couldn't help but compare it with the double sided tapes from the Breast Form Store. Looked and felt the same except it was a fraction of the price. Mmmm?

If the adhesive supplied to you turns clear and washes off with soapy water then that sounds like PVA glue used for sticking paper etc by school kids. No... it can't be 'cus that's cheap as chips!

The big difference I saw between the gel form glue and classic school kids' white glue is that the kids' glue dries pretty much rigid, and isn't at all sticky once it turns clear, while this gel form glue remains very flexible and becomes incredibly sticky once it turns clear. It's more like rubber cement or contact cement, but if you expose it to soap and water, it dissolves. (Eventually and with some scrubbing.)

What I don't fully understand is why a waterproof medical adhesive like Holister's wouldn't be okay. My suspicion is that this gel material is a bit softer than the silicone material used in forms like the "Aphrodite" forms that I also have a set of, and which can be glued on with Holister's. It could be that the gel material would get torn apart when you try to peel them off, if Holister's was used.

Reality Check
    Yes, companies want you to use their accessories with their products. That's understandable because if you use a wrong product and damage their product, there could be a warranty issue.

We would hope that breast form adhesive or tape would be safe for long term skin contact. Carpet tape or Gorilla Glue would not have been tested for that.

A theatrical shop will have "spirit glue" and other adhesives that are safe for skin contact and intended for attaching things to bare skin. These products may work on forms and may be less expensive than products from a CD shop.

Ceera, I have 2 pairs of silicone forms that I purchased from Janets Closet and have been extremely pleased with them. They are the "old" type which require no adhesive and simply are held in place, quite nicely, by my underwire or pocket bras. I am curious how different the experience is with the glue-on variety and whether or not the difference is worth the $$ of my trying them out. Please tell us your findings. Thanks!

Donna,

Gluing or taping forms takes wearing forms up a notch or two. If you've a few $$'s to spare you could try a relatively cheap pair of forms off one of the Ebay sellers and attach them with tapes as that's the cheapest option. The cheaper forms tend to be tough as boots and will withstand taping. You'll still need to wear a bra if the forms are anything over a B cup but having said that you'll notice the difference in how they feel once attached.

Hollisters is good but I would say only use it if you're intending to wear your forms for an extended period, days rather than hours. It takes time to apply, it also takes time to get any residue off your skin, forms need cleaning after every few applications and it's not cheap. I've worn forms continuously for days, showered and slept in them held in place by Hollisters so it is worth the expense if planning longer spells dressed.

Donna,

I have also happily used the original Janet's forms, for roughly the last two years, using a pocket bra. I'm on my third set of those right now, wearing them 2 to 4 times per week, mostly for an evening out. They jiggle nicely and feel natural through clothing, especially if you wear them in a pocket bra like the "transform" bras. They look fine with most clothing, even if it is semi-sheer. But the outer plastic covering doesn't look very realistic if you can actually see them at all. They are not something I could wear in a skimpy bikini, no matter how I tried to disguise them. They say you can use Holister's Adhesive to glue on those old style forms and even go bra-less with that method, but I never tried that yet, though I did purchase some of the Holister's adhesive and remover. They do not advise attempting to sleep in the old-style forms. They are to likely to burst if you roll over on them in your sleep. (Though I have successfully spend a few nights with my old style forms on anyway.) The old-style forms also had a very limited warranty - like 30 or 90 days, and in my experience last only 6 to 10 months before the outer covering begins to separate.

These new Gel forms are tougher, and look much more realistic for their surface material. You can sleep in them and treat them much more roughly than the old-style forms. That would be particularly good if you hope to glue them on and wear them continuously for several days and nights. Their surface also allows applying makeup to them, so in theory, if you can get them glued down well, you could blend their skin tone to yours and make them look very much like they were really yours, even without a bra. They are a bit firmer than the original Janet's forms, but they still jiggle fairly well and feel natural through clothing. I've worn them in a normal bra without glue, and they still felt and looked good. But gluing them on, even imperfectly, definitely made them feel more like a part of my body, and they moved much more naturally. Unfortunately, since the recommended glue is water-soluable, you can't swim in them, unless you use a swimsuit designed with bra pockets. This afternoon I intend to try the gel glue again, and to do a more prolonged wear test, keeping them on overnight. I'll let you all know how that goes.

I also have a set of the "Aphrodite" silicon forms sold by the Breast Form Store. They are much more expensive, but have concave backs and fit better to the body, and they have a self-sticking property even if you don't use adhesive. That also means you can't use them in a normal pocket bra, though. Like the new Gel forms, you can sleep in them and glue them on, though they suggest Hollister's adhesive for that type. Their surface is even more durable, and visually they are quite impressive. But they are very stiff and to me they don't feel at all real through clothing, nor to they jiggle well. If I wanted to do a sexy photo shoot and give the illusion that I had real, bare breasts, they would be great, with careful application and makeup. I wore them all day for a lake trip, and even swam in them while wearing a bikini, and they didn't shift or give me any problems. But I wouldn't wear them to slow-dance with anyone or to hug anyone - it would be a dead give-away that they were not real as soon as they were touched. They feel more like soft clay, and not like flesh at all.

Silver Member
    Google: Medical Adhesive Removers. They do the job! Here's one
    https://www.amazon.com/62120105-Brav...ustomerReviews

Also, if you do have any breast tissue of your own, order only the concave type for the best fit.

Progress update: Well, I am now wearing the gel forms, glued on with the recommended adhesive, and going entirely without a bra! Today is a particularly good one for me to do a prolonged test, as I am kind of snowed in right now, and if I have any problems while I am at home, I can fix it or bail from the test without any issues. Tomorrow also has no conflicts that would keep me from remaining en-femme all day.

I applied a thinner layer of adhesive this time, applying it to just one form, as evenly as I could, and then I placed the backs of the two forms together and rubbed them around, to make an even thinner coating on both forms. 20 minutes later the adhesive on both was completely clear and ready to attach. I positioned them and took a 20 minute nap, sleeping on my back, to give them a really good chance to affix themselves.

When my timer went off, I was extremely satisfied with how well they seemed to be attached, so I experimented with a few outfits with no bra.

It was really nice to be able to wear one slinky black evening gown that I have, which has a very deeply plunging front! I looked just as good as the dress would look on a bra-less GG. The one time I wore that one before this, I had to use a black camisole under it, to hide my bra, and make the neckline less daring.

Right now I am wearing women's jeans and a black blouse with a lace yoke that would normally show my bra straps through the lace. It certainly looks nicer without a bra.

I plan to spend the rest of the day en-femme at home, just doing normal stuff, and see how well these forms stay attached. If they do well all evening, I'll put on a sports bra before bed time and try sleeping with them on.

Further update:

So, I started at 2 PM today (Pacific time), Saturday 1/7/2017. By 3 PM, after an hour of gravity dragging at a set of 40D forms and no bra to support them, they did start to separate from my chest at the upper edges. So I added a wireless bra, and the test continues. They are still largely attached, and I think the bra will keep them from detaching much more. Now this particular bra offers only moderate support. It's a lace 'leisure bra', intended for relaxation or for sleeping in. But it is pressing the forms firmly to my chest. I think if I wanted to really be certain they won't come off, I would want to wear a more supportive bra.

I've written to Janet's Closet to ask for advice, and to confirm that Holister's is not an alternative.

9 PM - forms still glued on, though coming up at edges. Wearing a leisure bra and T-shirt and going to bed. In the morning will probably detach, clean and reglue them.

Midnight - After 10 hours, even with the bra on, less than 25% of the glue was still holding. The area closest to my real nipples, where the pressure between flesh and the back of the forms was greatest, still held, and that would still have been enough to ensure the forms would not shift under a good bra. But the rest had all pulled free. So I took tgem off and cleaned up, rather than risk damaging them somehow in my sleep. It took about 15 minutes with a wet washcloth and soap to fully clean the glue off the forms and off my chest. Going to wait for a reply from the maker before I test again.

Summary: Using their glue, I could go bra-less for one hour. After that, the glue still ensured the forms couldn't shift or fall out of a bra for up to 10 hours.
    Last edited by Ceera; 01-08-2017 at 08:59 AM.

Reality Check
    There has to be a balance between holding the forms to the chest and the ability to remove them when necessary. My Amulux Diamond forms have an adhesive back and they stay in place in a bra with no problem. They come off easily enough if I have to go back to being Homer quickly.

It's possible that very small forms could be worn braless but larger, heavier boobs are a problem. Wearing a bra is no problem for me, most women with my size breasts would be wearing a bra, at least in public.

It's great your daughter is OK with your dressing sounds like you really enjoyed you time out.I like the outfit Ceera.
    Angie

Creea wipe your breast area with alcohol before applying the forms
    hugs
    Ronda

Thanks for the suggestion, Ronda. That was one option I had considered trying next time.

it works I had the same problem the first time I used the adhesive the edges lifted cleaned then with alcohol they stayed on much better
    hugs
    Ronda

Reply from Janet's was that I may have used too thin a glue layer that second time. So next time I'll use the alcohol on the skin, and also try a slightly thicker glue layer, but make sure I let the glue go completely clear, in a non-humid environment, before attaching them.

In general I will always wear a bra anyway. But there are a few outfits that I own, or would like to own, that being able to be bra-less would be a godsend. So knowing how long I can successfully do without a bra is still a good idea.

Reality Check
    As a woman, the older you are and/or the larger your breasts are, the less likely it is that you will be wearing something out without a bra. Gravity takes over at some point. Keep this in mind when shopping.

It is great to have a daughter that totally accepts. I have the same. What a blessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    As a woman, the older you are and/or the larger your breasts are, the less likely it is that you will be wearing something out without a bra. Gravity takes over at some point.
    Take it from a 66 year old, with a 46D bust, age and gravity does take its toll. Not a big fan of outfits with no built in bra.