Thread: My dream retirement lunch.

My dream retirement lunch.

My office has the practice that when someone leaves the company either for a new job or retirement that those interested meet in a local restaurant to say goodbye.

This is my dream, not to say that it would really happen but it’s a nice dream.

I get myself all dressed up, and look as pretty as any 66 year woman has the right to look, and go to the restaurant where the retirement lunch is taking place. I find the table where all my coworkers are, waiting for me to show up.

Me (in my girl voice): Is this the retirement lunch for <my boy name>?

After receiving acknowledgement, I sit down and make small talk with my coworkers, who I hope don’t recognize me.

After a while:

Me (GV): Where is <my boy name> anyhow? Maybe somebody should call him.

My boss calls me.

My phone rings. The ring tone is Shania Twain singing, “Man, I feel like a woman. Oh Oh.”

I take my phone out of my purse and look at it.

Me (in my boy voice): Hello. Yes, this is <my boy name>. Yes, I’m there now.

I hope by now that everyone’s jaw has dropped. I look around the table.

Me (BV): What (acting surprised)? I’ve been hiding the girl inside of me for over 55 years. For once, I wanted to let the girl out and hide the boy inside.

Everyone gives me a big round of applause.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Not a bad dream!

Keep dreaming especially about retirement..... I've been retired for sometime now it is wonderful. I say who cares what they say about you when you are the one retiring. If that's the retirement party you want go for it....bet you'd surprise a lot of co-workers.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I love retirement and have no complaints.
    If that is your dream then I hope you can get to do it.

Interesting retirement party. I hope you get to do it someday.

It is an interesting vision of your future

I hope you get your party.
    I have retired twice and have received zero retirement parties. The main reason is is because I had very small friend circles. At my second job, everyone else either retired before me, or were moved to a different job. Management did not hire in any replacements. When I retired at that time, I was the only person in a 16,000 sq foot three story Korean war era building. Two years later they tore the building done. At one time it was a building were mustard gas was made.
    I never was exposed to thee stuff.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Another retiree here too and I'm loving it. Sadly as one who was self-employed there was not party when I finally made the break.

The one big advantage for me of not having to go to work each day is that I now have far more time to dress 'correctly'.

great dream ------ don't wake up

Wow! What a great fantasy!!! I often wondered how, exactly, my co-workers would handle such a revelation! But surely, your dream party would be long remembered!

Dream fantasies lead to action! [headline in company newsletter]
    Billy realized he was SPLIT and decided to reconcile- he started wearing ever more feminine styles and relaxing into his feminine self with us. We all like him a lot better now! Just kidding, Billy, but ... well you look so much happier! June thanked Billy at the staff recognition lunch Wednesday, saying that thanks to him she wasn't going to wait for a dream signal- she was signing up for boxing lessons and getting some sturdy men's clothes that would last.
    We are all beautiful...!

hope your dream comes true no party when I retired just a we don't need your service any longer after the buy out have to say I was the only one from the old company that was still there so all I got was a get out your done
    hugs
    Ronda

Steffi, I like the way your imagination works! I'd love to do something similar - professional makeover, dress to "knock em dead" and when the time comes for the presentation, sashay up to the front and watch their jaws drop! Of course, I'd never be able to go back, but who'd want to.

Reality Check