Thread: Church attendane

Church attendane

I am curious. Has any crossdresser ever gone to church completely dressed en femme? If so, how was it? Any issues / problems?

I've not done it yet, my wife and I have discussed possibly attending a church out of town during a girl's trip.

Aspiring Member
    At this point of time, no. Am serving in church. The clergy know me personally, as does most of the small congregation. Stance seems to be anti-LGB already, at least implicitly.
    Last edited by Lily Catherine; 01-08-2017 at 11:01 AM.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    There are posts about it, but it'll take some searching. Any mention of religion is one of the magic phrases that offends people, and gets censored, so tread carefully.

Just my .

I only know a handful of CDers. Most of them want the attention of being "noticed". People attend church for a multitude of reasons, just be aware that other people may be having their own issues.

If a CDer goes to church en femme, dress respectfully, not to attract attention or like a tart. Be friendly, don't stand off in a corner. Be respectful of the traditions of whichever church you are attending. There are so many churches that it's hard to answer a specific question. Obviously some churches are going to be more tolerant than others.

A church experience is not about the personal experience as crossdresser. It is about something larger than the CDer. If the CDer is unable to get be "part of the group" in the church, watch church TV at home.

Same church for wife and I for over 25 years, few weeks ago I went with her, me in a newer pair of womens Levis ,lady walking shoes,and a zip up female sweatshirt.My hair was loose and over my shoulders.Had never presented that way there before.

At the after service coffee we sat with the same table of older couples we normally do,The only difference was one of the ladys complimented me on my colorful shirt and her husband just mentioned that he never realized my hair was so long.(normally in a braid or ponytail)

I was not in makeup and the clothes were not screaming GIRL but it was far from my normal Sunday church attire.
    Last edited by Joan58; 01-08-2017 at 12:53 PM.
    Joan58

Our local Unitarian church is very accepting and I know crossdressers and TS folk who have gone there with no issues at all. The only complaint I heard is that people would come up to them to let them know that THEY (the congregants) know that they (the TG) are transgender and things are totally fine. The folks who complain just don't want that level of attention. (Despite the meme that TG folks only do it to get attention... ) Most would rather be treated like anyone else. Others appreciate the affirmation. Goes to show you can't please all the people all the time.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Many years....but lately a Catholic CEO.....ChristmasEasterOnly

I've found Unitarian/Universalist to be extremely accepting

Yes, I have but not at my home church. It was sort of a non-event as no one at this church interacted with me.
    Hugs, Carole

Yes, I do it every Sunday and ,aside from one incident, the response has been very positive- one woman even calls me by my female name.

I attended a Metropolitan Community Church in St. Pete, FL once and it was great (with my mom). I took communion with the pastor who could tell I didn't know the routine and complimented me on my courage -- though it was for coming down the aisle without knowing what I was doing, not for being TG. There's a current thread on the picture forum about a sister who did a Bible reading in her church!

Quote Originally Posted by audreyinalbany View Post
    I've found Unitarian/Universalist to be extremely accepting
    As a second generation UU,I totally agree and a great place to meet truly accepting people.

Almost every week, see my latest post....http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ng-to%85%85-me

Did the reading this week.

There are many accepting churches, find one and you have a place to be yourself and be accepted.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Aspiring Member
    Yes, I went to a church in a city far away on a Sunday during a business trip.

It was the same kind of church that I attend regularly near home, so I knew how to dress and act respectfully. And I did so. The leaders and parishioners were kind and polite. The whole time that I was there, I felt like I was placing too much of my attention on myself and not enough on God and other people. The crossdressing seemed distracting from my purpose in attending. I doubt that I will go to church en femme again.

Reality Check
    I have not but that means little as I haven't been to church in years except for weddings and funerals.

Some churches are accepting of "unusual" people, some are not. In some churches, crossdressing is considered a sin. My personal thought is that anyone who is looking for a church where they can go dressed as a woman is probably going for the wrong reasons.

Silver Member
    I have not, but would consider it. I have a post op friend that goes to (Catholic) church all the time, and is part of the women's group. She is not deep stealth, but is known to be a TS woman.

If she needed me to go as Meghan with her sometime, I would certainly consider it. My reason in that case would not be showing off, but praying with her and being part of the community in a unique spiritual expression.

i go every Sunday to my regular church , hair in a pony tail,small forms ,women's top ,women's tight jeans no problems. scared to death the first time .
    abbyo54 go again it gets easier every time ,then it feels normal.

I've too have attended a metropolitan church a few times, the congregation seemed mostly gays/lesbians, several of whom I knew from the local clubs, no issues whatsoever. Interesting observations -- the music was much more traditional than I would have expected, and the sermons weren't of the caliber I'm used to. Before and after the service people were very friendly, didn't make my appearance a big deal at all, but the pastor (who I happened to know is gay) was pretty standoffish. Don't know what that was about, don't really care.

I usually go about 2x a month to my local catholic church.
    Always in a dress with full makeup and wig.
    I am pretty passable and have never had any issues, althought I do get in and get out and dont chitchat.

I'm in Orlando and attend the Unity church near by. Although I haven't attended in Fem I know I would be totally accepted as there are others who attend that are transitioning as well as many gay people. My wife and I have discussed it and as long as her parents are still around they sometimes attend the services and are not aware of my CDing...and I don't want to come out to any family.....blood or married into.

Many, many years ago when I was much younger I dropped in to St. Alban's cathedral (in St Albans) for Sunday morning. I was dressed like most of the female parishioners, - summer dress suit - but probably wearing a bit more makeup than most. In those days I was much more passable. No adverse reaction from anyone!

I use to go every Sunday till I got remarried. Get up early dress nice. I was one the few who dressed for church. Most were wearing jeans. Go to the early Mass then shopping afterwards. Never had a problem. Just One man would always look for me and sit in the same pew as me.. Father even ask me to come help with the church ladies in the fellowship hall one time. Told him I had some place to go which I did.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

I attended an MCC church (where there were more TG and TS members) but it was too far from home. I now attend a church closer to home, a more traditional but very accepting and friendly. Pretty much a regular routine and I am very happy with the services.
    I do dress fully, always in a conservative skirt or dress (it was the way women dressed and still do in the church I was raised in). I know I don't pass but I try to look as good as I can.

Unitarian Universalists are very open. most Congregationalist churches are accepting - a local one hosted the Transgender Day of Remembrence on Long Island a few years ago. If you google accepting churches there are a bunch of sites.

If you're in the Midwest you should probably avoid any congregation affiliated with Westboro Baptist
    Last edited by rachael.davis; 01-10-2017 at 11:03 AM. Reason: horrible spelling