Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing, Hobby, or a Lifestyle?

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    I definitely classify my crossdressing as hobby, it is an interest that I came upon thanks to the internet and my (at the time) girlfriend's desire to crossdress me for a Halloween party. If it wasn't for her wanting to do a good job on the transformation and searching on the net finding the Masquerade crossdressing group, I probably wouldn't have ever found this fun. It was a hoot dressing up for and being at that party. Got me going into more depth reading and looking at the pictures from that website afterwards. Then the searching by myself expanded to more internet sites and chats involving crossdressing then onto attending a Masquerade monthly meeting. I just don't understand why some folks can't believe that someone could stumble upon crossdressing via internet or other areas where one could stumble upon it (like kink fetish events) and think "Wow, that seems to be fun!" Look at what my sharing of outings in Victorian style dresses have created interest in some folks to try it, or Even my interest in trying the body suits and masking thanks to Docsherry sharings.
    I do respect that many deem their crossdressing is not a hobby, but wish those same folks would return the respect for us that do it as a hobby.

I would say neither, as it is more than that. It is part of the core you. It partially defines the true you.
    Would you go out of your way to choose this? Hobbies you can pick up and leave alone, sometimes never to return. You can choose a lifestyle such as being vegetarian.
    But this? I have read that many haven't bothered for quite a while, then it sneaks back up on you....

I have to say YES. it is both I describe it has a hobby but it is certainly more. I hate to call it a fetish but it is part that to. It certainly isn't a life style but it could be if I let it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Banned Read only
    Krisi,
    The straight answer is I'm a non-homosexual trangender with AGP. If I desire to deeply be seen and accepted as a woman then a form of transition will have to happen , I know it sounds confusing because I don't feel I'm in the wrong body but others have gone that far to finally come to terms with the deep need. You have to accept the basic principal that crossdressing is crossdressing, what ever level you take it to, it's what lays behind it or what drives it that makes the difference.

As I've already said it's hardly a hobby ! I know it will probably mean separation so I have to think very hard about my family needs compared with mine.
    Last edited by Teresa; 01-12-2017 at 02:35 PM.

Lifestyle
    No closet is big enough!

Right now I'd say it's a hobby, I don't do it regularly or often enough to say it's a lifestyle.

Well I just wear whenever I feel uneasy with life. It let's me be someone else for a short time.

It's an important and essential part of my life so for me a lifestyle.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Given these two options I will go with hobby as I tend to dress regularly in my leisure time.

For me it is unfortunately a hidden affair....;(

Junior Member Jennifer Michelle's Avatar
    I split my time between going to School in North Chicago, but I am originally from Indiana
    I can't really say that it's just a hobby because I have tried to stop but couldn't but I haven't Crossdressed in public other then once for Halloween so I am hesitant to call it a lifestyle yet.

For me, not a hobby, not a lifestyle either. Both terms imply I choose my gender identity. It's not a choice -- it's who I am. The older I get the more I want to nurture my fem self.

If cross dressing is a hobby, why are so many cross dressers afraid of being "caught" dressed or having someone find their collection of clothing?
    Why are we so afraid of being caught in the act of enjoying our hobby? Do stamp collectors have similar fears? Do you hide your model car collection and worry about your wife or girlfriend finding it and telling your family?

Is it a hobby or lifestyle when you know that you like to dress up in women's clothes at a very young age? It is not a hobby for me., And I can't say it is a lifestyle either. It is a part of who I am. I would not the the person I am with out the side of my brain that wants to be female. I am a man that likes to feel pretty and sexy by dressing in clothing that most women ware. Cross dresser is a pet peeve for me. It is not a woman's dress, it is my dress. There is nothing wrong dress for whatever reason you feel like, so put on those heels and skirt and be yourself!

Banned Read only
    It is a hobby

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CONSUELO View Post
    If cross dressing is a hobby, why are so many cross dressers afraid of being "caught" dressed or having someone find their collection of clothing?
    Why are we so afraid of being caught in the act of enjoying our hobby? Do stamp collectors have similar fears? Do you hide your model car collection and worry about your wife or girlfriend finding it and telling your family?
    There are many hobbies that people don't share with others for fear of social judgements and lack of interest of those that are not in the activity.

fetish, so I guess that means hobby

For me, it was a fetish, primarily before I got married. Now that I am married, it's more of a hobby to me. Sometimes I get more interested in it and dress up more often. Also depends on the seasons too. For example, I only dress up as a ski bunny during the winter when it snowed outside so I can try my skiis out and only wear my tennis outfits during the summertime.

It's mearly a hobby for me. I look it like all the other hobbies I'm into. I go into work and put my regular adult face on, take care of the bills and everything. Once I'm done with all of that, I want to put my fun face on and do something I enjoy more. Granted I have yet to get a good urge to dress up since the start of the new year, I still enjoy doing all of this as a hobby. And I agree with Princess Chantai... it does make it hard somedays when you work in a factory and you hear people talk about what they do when they're not at work... well most of the things I do, I can't share at work because I'm sure they would look at me in a weird light after that, so I keep most of my private life secret to them.

Hobby, but definitely an intimate part of who I am. As pleasurable as any other hobby (my favorites kind of rotate )!!

Junior Member pantyhoselvr kendra's Avatar
    Hobby 4 to 5 times a week. Hard to get anything done outside after work because it gets dark so early, so i stay in and get my sissy on

Aspiring Member
    A habit that plays into my identity, at least how I would expect a tolerant outsider to see it. I don't think it's as expendable as my other interests, nor, with the greatest respect, as fulfilling in itself as a means to an end. Like a sweet in the wrong wrapper, or the wrong sweet for the wrapper. I know I cared a lot about the wrapper itself as I'm working against my own natural features.

I believe it started out for me more as a fetish, being drawn to silky materials such as nylons, panties and slips. As I progressed in dressing more completely, I fell in love with the look, not just the feel. At that point, I started acting more feminine when dressed, trying to project a feminine/girl appearance and behavior when I was young and a womanly appearance as I entered my college years. In college, a womanly identity took hold as I moved from my bedroom/dorm room to the outside world. As confidence built, my working to be be more passable increased, which lead to more frequent dressing and outings. At that point, it became a lifestyle for me. I knew I needed to dress to feel complete and whole. At this time I met my wife. After dating for a few months, I finally built up the courage to tell her. I was wearing panties and pantyhose at the time. It was either tell her or be discovered later that evening. She was awesome. Within a week, she helped me dress head to toe, with the condition that if I was going to dress, we had to go out, either for the day or evening. After a few months of weekend outings she sat me down and told me she could see that this meant a whole heck of a lot more to me than crossdressing. That it was part of me and that if we got marries, we would have to work to make it a part of our lifestyle. On our honeymoon, I wore dresses for the duration.

I have to say that it not a hobby for me. It is who I am and I am a transgender and non binary as a gender fluid soul and the life I live. It is far different than any hobbies I have ever had. and doesn't even relate in any way of a hobbies. I am what I am
    Part Time Girl

For me it's more of a hobby. I love dressing up when the wife is gone. She don't like me wearing her panties at all not to mention her lingerie.