Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your attitude to your Male wardrobe vs Female one

I personally hate shopping for male clothes, but enjoy shopping for female ones. For one, there is so much more diversity in female clothing. Just go on amazon and browse male clothing... same drab pants, same drab shirts. For men, there are dress shirts, t-shirts, tank tops and they all look the same. For women, there are all kinds of different types of blouses with different frills, cuts, and layers. Same thing for skirts... so many different styles and variations. Diversity is fun. For two, I can't even buy male pants online as I'm 30x28... try finding me slacks on amazon at that waist x inseam size. I typically have to go to boys sizes to avoid hemming and then you have to deal with a totally different sizing system... constantly having to return clothes that don't fit. For women's clothes, I can go on amazon and pretty much wear anything meant for women sized medium with no hemming. Just buy and wear.

Sh-sh-sh-shakin' all over jemima_bates's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy23 View Post
    I will probably be in the minority, but I'm very interested in and fond of men's clothing and care about what I put on myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarrOfDelite View Post
    I'm probably in the minority, but I like to be well-dressed in male mode.
    Wow - halfway down page 2 before I found some answers that echo my own thoughts - I never imagined that would be the case when I clicked on the thread title!

I *love* my girl wardrobe, but equally my male one too. However, a little like my girl wardrobe, I don't get to wear my male wardrobe-of-choice anywhere near as much as I'd like to, mainly due to work 'expectations'. For my out-of-work attire, I have 3/4 go to brands that I know I will like almost anything they produce (Reiss, All Saints, Cos - actually, I love their female sections too!) and I also have a trainer collection bigger than my heel collection.

I figured that the majority our 'community' would be similarly minded, but if there's one thing I've learned since I've been here, it's that we're a broad church!

Jemima x

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Well I haven't bought mens clothes in years. I feel much more comfortable in women's clothes.

Bec...I haven't a care in the world as to how I look in masculine attire. My wife has to buy all my male mode clothes or I'll just keep wearing what I already own without replacing. But, my feminine side is a whole different story. I care deeply about how I look and I'm so interested in the latest fashion trends perusing Vogue, Elle, Cosmo, Glamour and InStyle regularly. And it seems I'm buying a new dress at least every few months. It really is time to go through my dresses and donate a few to the local thrift store. I buy very nice dresses so I'm sure the gals on the forum would love to know when I drop off a few things at the store b/c they'll be fighting among themselves to snatch them up! LOL xxxx Nikki
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Usually male clothes don't really do anything for me, so I stick to the basics, jeans and a t-shirt. However once in a blue moon if I'm dressed up in nice men's clothes I kind of feel good, not as good as when I'm dressed as Stephanie though.

About once a month I have to wear a suit and tie for work. I hate those days it just feels all wrong to me. Last time as was in a suit, I was walking up a flight of stairs with a large mirror at the top, for a moment I thought there is a guy in a suit following me!!
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Well, I think I'm in the majority of this group. I've gone through my male clothes and thinned them out a lot. I'm only wearing them from work because I don't have any female/andro clothing that would work. I've still got male clothes that I haven't gotten rid of, but they are on the way out the door. I honestly dislike my male clothing, I just wish my female clothing was growing at a larger rate. That way I could get rid of my male clothing.
    Joan Meredith,
    Slow to live the dream
    I'll get there when I get there

I have never had a real interest in men's or boy's clothes. For many years I've worn blue jeans, a pocketed T-shirt, and a chamous type shirt when needed. I'm sure that this was because of my lack of interest in men's clothes. On the other hand, I've been looking at female clothing forever. I once though it was only because of the girls in them (which it was of course), but now I realize that the clothing had a bigger hold on me (due to having no self pride and therefore hopes with regard to girls and women). If I'd only known that decades earlier.... damn!

I have always hated buying men's clothes. My men's wardrobe basically amounts to jeans and T-shirts or sweatshirts. I have some dress clothing for special occasions. I hate shopping for my male self,but I love shopping for my feminine side. I can spend hours digging through clearance racks of women's clothes. When I need male clothing I loathe to shop for it.

Looking / buying clothes for either sex can be tricky.

Have AFAB who is looking for a man's TUX, but have it tailored for her definitely female figure. She is NO Butch Lesbian either.

Hi all. Well, for being honest I but the same model and size of jeans for male mode each time, I don't even try them before buying but as in female clothing the story is very different, I would spend hours looking at dresses and accessories, I love them all!

Aspiring Member
    Well I generally don't much care about my men's clothing. Mostly bland and boring stuff some and as my wife says "you're not going out in THAT are you?". I've trimmed down much of my male wardrobe. Some I put out to goodwill, the rest in storage, just what I need in our walk-in closet. I have no male underwear available, it's all in storage. But now when I buy male clothes I try to at least make a passing nod to my femininity. For example the last shirt I bought is pink; more bright and pastel colours. I am thinking that from now on, any shirt or jeans purchases for male mode would actually be female clothing. My wife has some very masculine looking female shirts, alas they are too small for me. That way I would be able to be dressed 100% of the time even if not obviously so (unless one pays attention to the side the shirt buttons up), but I have to run it by her first, and I don't really need to buy anything at the moment on the male side; I am still slowly building my female wardrobe. I do miss the pocket size though on female jeans. I could carry a unisex purse instead that can work as either a purse or a "man-purse". I frankly don't care if some insecure men call that "gay", after all I am one of the letters in LGBQT!

Often when I do pick out men's clothes I lean strongly on my wife's advice and fortunately she likes bright colours, pastels, and not overtly male styles and colours.

Banned Read only

Male and female clothing...

Jemima, we seem to be in a minority here in terms of liking our male wardrobe as equally as our female wardrobe. I keep up with the current styles in both. One thing I won't do is wear male or female clothes that are entirely out of fashion. I donate those clothes to our nearest Waterfront Mission and I'm sure the folks who are lucky enough to find my donated clothing are probably thrilled to buy it and proudly wear it. When I turn clothing in, it's always first class stuff that cost good money when it was new and the clothing turned in for the most part hasn't been worn but just a few times.
    I love to wear really nice quality slim cut fashionable suits to church which now is the only time, with the exception of formal balls and formal fund raising events I attend each year, I get a chance to dress up. I like Joseph A. Banks suits. They seem to fit me like a glove and my tailor there really knows what she's doing with any required alterations which are few with a slim cut suit. Usually, all she has to do is hem the slacks. I like a very light break at the bottom of my suit pants. My shirts are by Paul Fredrick and are the really nice non-iron cotton dress shirts (32 and 1/2 inch neck with straight 32 inch sleeves). They are usually white, light blue, or pink in color with really nice ties I mostly buy at Dillards. Shoes are by Johnston & Murphy. I used to work for this company and they are one of only two show manufacturers who provide shoes to the president of the united states. Allen Edmonds is the other company and I own a few pair of those because on of my best buddies manages the store in Destin, Florida. My men's casual wardrobe looks pretty slick too with a wide assortment and manufacturers of jeans, slacks, shoes, boots, shirts, sport coats, and the like.
    You girls have seen a little of my girl's wardrobe with many more pictures of me in an array of various outfits on the way. The photo restrictions on this site prevent you from showing too many photos at once which is understandable. But you'll see I take just as much pride in the quality of my girly clothes as I do my male clothes. I think I have been wearing stylish clothes all the way back to elementary school. It seemed as though my mom and dad spoiled me and always allowed me to keep up with the latest fashions. I have an extensive selection of subscriptions to magazines that keep me up to date on both male and female clothing. I guess, with the male clothing, I lean toward the classy executive side with my dress clothes and probably more towards the Tommy Hilfiger preppy side with my male casual clothes. With my female clothes, I always try to hit "cute", "sexy", "classy" styles in every outfit I put together. It's taken quite a while to figure my girly side out, but now I have it pretty much down pat.
    That's it for now. Probably a bit too much to take in but what the heck, one it comes to fashion, I love talking about the subject! Sincerely, Scarlett
    Attached Images Attached Images

Out of the house, I normally wear male clothing at least externally, as I at present lack the courage to wear a skirt locally. I make the best of it and there is quite a lot of male clothing in pretty colours and that is what I seek out when shopping for my male wardrobe. Pink and pale blue shirts mainly and in winter with a unisex turquoise mohair jumper/ pink cashmere jumper give the softer more feminine image and are just about tolerated by my macho friends and acquaintances. I quite like wearing male type jeans with outrageously frilly panties underneath. In fact I usually wear frilly panties, and my stock of baggy boxers is steadily dwindling.

I guess that my male clothing will gradually wither on the vine and people will get steadily used to me looking more and more feminine as time goes by.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Simply put, male garb is boring. I went to a wedding last weekend and sat in my drab suit while the women young and old got to wear incredible dresses with to die for heels. I know what I would have worn if I had a choice.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Stephanie Julianna; 01-25-2017 at 06:40 PM.

I love clothes, and I like shopping for my guy clothes just as much as my girls clothes. I also look for stuff that I can pair with Jen clothes and guy clothes. I do love a good fitted suit.

Its obvious most of us prefer our female wardrobe. I'd say I'd happily spend two : one in its favour despite the fact I wear guy clothes 6+ days a week. I do like the cross over clothes that are happy in both wardrobes but smart dressy dresses are my favourite