Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your attitude to your Male wardrobe vs Female one

Your attitude to your Male wardrobe vs Female one

I am curious in hearing how others feel about their men's clothes in terms of buying owning, liking not liking, wearing etc.

For me I have little interest in my male wardrobe. I buy clothes that look presentable for work or going out. I have little interest so mostly am very agreeable with whatever my wife suggests or likes. Interestingly I think I have good taste in clothes but no interest. I don't think that mens clothes suit my body (perhaps thats a bit of GD talking). It is very rare that i see something and think I really like that shirt, once or twice it has happened and then i realise that its Andro.

On the other hand I have a huge interest in woman's clothes, I have very definitive tastes and know what i like. In spite of the fact that i am of course a guy, some woman's clothes really seem to suit me. For example I don't seem to fill a mans shirt properly they always seem to hang on me.

I find it interesting that I can be so disinterested in my guy looks but yet the opposite when Becky is dressing, i am fussy and have a great attention to detail. How about others?
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Junior Member pantyhoselvr kendra's Avatar
    Sadly i have more women's clothes then men's. Since i live in a mans world at work and with friends

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I have pretty much the same attitude as you Becky. Male clothes hold little interest for me, I just wear what is to hand, all very casual stuff mostly. I always make myself look presentable, and have to dress well for my job, and, when the need arises I can look as smart as anyone. But only female clothing really gets my attention.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I am pretty similar to you Becky. I have decent taste in men's clothing for me, but have really lost most interest in buying any. Though I must say that shopping for gifts before Christmas had me looking at some nice things (good taste never goes away?? LOL) and I actually bought a nice shirt for me as a gift from Santa. m I used to try to dress clean and sharp in male mode. However, now that I am retired and further down this interesting road of life, my daily male dress mode is quite un-refined and repetitive. My efforts now are into experimenting and trying to look good when dressed en femme.

I completely agree with you, Becky. I was just thinking that I am going to purge the men's clothes I do not wear and have little interest in. I need more room for my woman's clothes. Men's clothes are SO boring. Don't forget shoes!

Yes who can forget shoes... men's for comfort woman's for oh so much more
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Quite a while after my divorce, I decided to figure out dating. In doing so, I read how most men dress as slobs. Disheveled, sloppy, worn out clothes, in fact, wherever you go (outside of business districts) all you see are guys in sloppy/casual attire. I don't know if it had anything to do with embracing the ghetto style of the rappers who had become so popular in the music scene, but it was apparent that there was a dearth of well dressed men. So I decided I would fill that void. And it made a huge difference in how women saw me. Since then, I've pretty much eliminated anything that looks very cheap ( like T shirts, which is essentially underwear), worn out, or ill fitting. A big unexpected plus was once having done so, it raised my self esteem quite a bit; I believed that I looked good; the compliments I got from the ladies confirmed that I made the right choice.
    As far as female clothing, I don't dress to pass or attempt to look 'age appropriate', because I have no desire to look like a homely old lady. So I wear what I do because it would look good on a girl who looks like I would have liked to look, had I been a girl.
    I take good care of all my clothes.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Hi there B.B., I too feel the same way you do. Whenever I am updating my female wardrobe, I give much more attention to the colors, fabric and style then I do my (ugh) male clothes. I actually HATE my male clothing as I feel so much more comfortable and confident in my female clothing. I also take much better care of my female clothing, for instance when I am doing a wash I will separate my lingerie from other items, place them in a mesh lingerie bag and wash them with a product especially designed for lingerie(Woolite) and then hang them up to dry and not put them in the dryer. When washing my other items of clothing I will follow the mfg'ers directions to the letter. All my female items of clothing are on hangers or folded neatly.

Mollyanne
    "To thine own self be true"

I'd tend to agree there, I went shopping for a few tshirts and got annoyed that I couldn't find what I was looking for.
    After that I went lingerie shopping, so much more fun.
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.

Interesting question!
    I buy men's clothes because I have to. I tend to be quite conservative, buy what I know fits me, replace worn out shirts with the same make & colour etc. I can't remember the last time I got excited about any item of male clothing. The one possible exception might be if I got the opportunity to wear a kilt! For most of my adult life I have only owned at any time three wearable pairs of men's shoes - a good pair for special occasions, a pair for work and a pair of trainers (and the first two have, for the past 20 years, rotated through three designs of the same brand).

Dresses, skirts & especially some high heeled shoes/boots - endlessly interesting and exciting! Wigs, nail polish, lipstick too! Did I mention corsets?

Platinum Member
    Hi Becky, I always take pride in my appearance whether En-Drab or En-Femme.

I will have to admit that my Femme outfits are so much more colorful......
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 01-10-2017 at 06:57 AM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Becky
    Your right on I buy men's cloths because I have to I buy women's cloths because I want to. I have twice and much women's cloths and 5 times more shoes then men's.

I do not like getting dressed up in male mode! Tee shirt(with some logo or design) and jeans are daily male wear. Scrubs for work bought in male size. I like skirts and tops then dresses. I also wear female jeans and tops out and about at times. I own a formal suit and wore it to my son's wedding and it has not been out of the closet since. I have at least twice as many female clothes and 5x the shoes. Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Aspiring Member
    I don't dislike my guy clothes. I just don't like shopping for them, my wife buy 80% of guy clothes. On the other hand I love girl shopping. I like the way quality women's clothing fits. My wife will NOT shop for Sara in any way. She said I have to do that myself. The sacrifice we have to make.
    Sara

Banned Read only
    Becky,
    Most of my working life I've had to consider my male clothes because being a self employed photographer meant presenting myself well to the public.

Like you I'm just not interested anymore, I can't be bothered to shop for my male side, my wife now brings things back for me to try and has to nag me to try them before the time limit has expired for their return.
    It was funny recently , she brought me some jean style trousers to try , she didn't check the label close enough, I squeezed into them and asked which rack they came from , when she saw me wearing them she saw my point, they were skinny fit ! We both agreed I couldn't wear them in male mode but then when I said I've changed my mind I may just keep them, she said no way !!

I must admit I love shopping for my femme side, just to find an excuse to nip into town allows me some time to flit through the charity shops and see what new stuff they have. It's so enjoyable thinking outfits in your mind and then finding the right item to make it happen.

Aspiring Member
    I'd be lying through my teeth if I said that my male wardrobe looked awful, although my standard of personal grooming is now less-than-ideal. I can sometimes be very sloppy, but most of the time I tend to probably be a bit more well-dressed than my peers. The storage of my female wardrobe is a lot less stellar in comparison, but I think that's inevitable.

It's actually quite an uphill struggle to present myself as female, if only because I wasn't born with the requisite parts, and make-up is an unspoken necessity - all the more for me. But I still climb that mountain as much as I can anyway.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Male wear- 14 pairs of white socks for work, 11 employer supplied uniforms, 5 pairs blue jeans, 12 assorted t-shirts, 4 assorted thermal shirts, 1 suit, 1 pair running shoes, 1 pair dress shoes, 0 male underwear.

Carla wear- >100 dresses, >100 bras, >50 panties, 15 skirts, 30 tops, 35 assorted tights, stockings, pantyhose, lace top socks, 12 pairs breast forms, 25 pairs shoes and boots, 2 housekeeper uniform dresses, 3 sexy maid dresses, 1 cheerleader uniform, 3 schoolgirl outfits, 2 kimonos, 12 wigs, 3 drawers full of makeup, 6 bottles nail polish, 5 nightgowns, 3 silky robes, 5 sweaters, 6 corsets, 1 pair Dress Tec hip pads, 1 silicone padded panty girdle, 3 Rago all-in-one, 7 purses, 10 pairs clip on earrings, 2 necklaces, 10 bracelets, 6 belts, etc.....

As a male I've always been bored with the clothing and my daily attire is drab and utilitarian. But, Carla certainly has some choices.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Banned Read only
    Carla,
    I hate to say it but I feel with so few femme clothes you need to do some more shopping !!

I must admit I haven't had a recent count of my femme stuff , I know my shoes are beginning to overflow, but at least I bought myself a decent jewellery stand so i can finally organise my necklaces . I must admit I love necklaces, they really do lift and change an outfit, I've just had a count up and have 17, clip on earrings aren't far behind .

Like Sara66, I don't dislike my male clothes but I don't spend much time thinking about what I'll buy or wear. For the fem clothes this is a totally different story, what dress or skirt, which shoes .......
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!

Hi Bec,

Once again, we think pretty much alike. "Fascinating," said Spock. However, I am retired so in drab I wear whatever I damn well please. Not sloppy and it depends on what I am doing. In the summer I almost always have on shorts and a t-shirt. In winter I wear more typical male shirts. Almost always jeans. But I always look for more feminine colors in men's shirts. It is not common that I wear typical men's colors; I am almost always in something that is more typical of women's colors. I love rich colors in pink, purple, lavender, and others. I like bright colors most of the time. I have always loved blue, but now I mix blue with pink a lot. As fashions change so do colors. Here in the US feminine colors in men's clothes are hard to find - a few years ago they were everywhere. I buy shirts at a thrift store three blocks away and that is where I shop for women's clothes as well. I have never been there dressed, but the tellers know me and are well aware that this fellow has some gender issues. So many more styles and colors to choose from and the prices are dirt cheap. Often these clothes seem to be barely worn. But I am much more picky about women's clothes. I don't have very many, but in femme I mostly dress age appropriate and casual. No formal wear; I am not a formal person. A bit of a tomboyish woman; but then this is Colorado and we are a very active and rather casual lot.

xoxo
    Gretchen

My male wardrobe is a tool I use to get the job done. My female wardrobe is something I use for my own pleasure and enjoyment and therefore I pay commensurately more attention to it.

Silver Member
    Well, I don't want to be a slob ALL the time, and my Tux is pretty cool on occasion. I have been more open to color as of late, and sometimes like a loud Hawaiian shirt for fun. I like some pants that fit just so, etc. Am I a clothes pony? No. Could I be snazzier? Shure. Does my wife care? Barely. In guy mode, I tend a bit more to comfort and function, like good socks. My underwear is male, but skimpy, not far from VS bikinis. No banana hammocks though. That still is an ick factor for me. Weird huh?

At this point I have no interest in buying or even shopping Men's Clothes, I am strictly a Women's Clothes person.

I had reached the point like others here that the male side of my closet held no joy at all. The nice thing about a walk-in closet big enough to park a mid-size car in is that could shove it those clothes in one corner and gaze at the fun wardrobe instead. A lot of my male clothea i discarded anyway because of a 20 pound weight loss (thank you, divorce and surgery diet!), but some of it i have replaced with proper sizes (but only female-side approved. No more baggy clothes and graphic tees... maybe the tees. Can't take sci fi geek out of the girl).

What amuses me, though, is i only have one male shirt i really like and would even wear in girl mode ("stole it from a boyfriend" excuse), and it is the same shirt i wore around my mother once gave me a weird look over. I asked about it and she asked if i had bought it from the women's section because of the way it was cut. I told her no, i had bought it in the men's section at JCP. Sure enough, i looked at it later and dang if it didn't actually get tailored quasi-female style instead of the normal men's style. No wonder it is my fave!

My fem clothes I treat with great respect. My male clothes, I have three suits and several shirts and a lot of t-shirts. Two male swimsuits, Thought I had more. but a good supply of male underwear and socks. But my Fem clothes are growing and I buy mainly fem clothes. But when my male jeans go out. I will have to get new ones. I use them for working around the house and dirty work. So at some point I will have to get what I need.
    Part Time Girl