Thread: BiGender Dressing

Banned Read only

BiGender Dressing

Do you think at least half of males have tried on one or more pieces of female clothing out of curiosity? If wearing the other genders clothing was accepted as just normal dressing depending on an individuals preference would we see a lot more men wearing one or more pieces of female clothing. Would women be accepting of this? Just your personal opinion.

Reality Check
    Read your post again. You said: " If wearing the other genders clothing was accepted as just normal dressing ...... " and then you said: "Would women be accepting of this?"

If the first statement is true, the second is automatically true.

Let's take this one step further. If wearing the other gender's clothing was accepted as just normal dressing then it wouldn't be "other gender's clothing" anymore. It would just be "clothing".

And no, I don't think "at least half". I know there's a desire to normalize your own behavior by wanting to project it on society, but no, I'd say a fairly small number of men have tried on women's clothing even out of curiosity. And as Krisi said of course if something is accepted as normal then it would be accepted.

Let's also flip this around - What percent of women have worn men's clothes? And do you define that as clothes made for men or just manly style such as pants? My wife has put on my flannel shirts and even my suit jacket for warmth. So yes she has crossdressed and right in front of me and even in public. But if I wanted to put on her pantyhose for warmth, that is not OK with her.
    Is a kilt just a skirt but made for men? Is that within your definition of female clothing? Wearing kilts are accepted in Scotland. Women there are accepting of that.
    Superman wears tights - is he crossdressing?
    But to answer your direct question, I do think it is usual, based on below link
    http://www.cyh.com/HealthTopics/Heal...np=122&id=1740
    Hugs, Ellen

Hi Deebra,
    The whole idea of cross-dressing is that there is a line to cross. The younger generation is fast blurring the lines so that there is more shared dressing styles, and more shared behaviors allowed. However, every attempt to bring skirts into menswear fails. There is a persistent and strong urge to make sure there is a line to cross, and I think it is because is creates a useful tension- useful for sexual attraction, and, undesirable power relationships.

If you don't crave skirts like I do, the door is open for wearing a lot of women's wear that passes for metro men's wear today!

PS I do think at least half of all men try on women's wear at some point as part of the process of 'becoming' a man.
    Last edited by phili; 01-13-2017 at 10:03 AM.
    We are all beautiful...!

Phill
    Where do you think the pushback resistance comes from for men in skirts? Do you think women that are normally supportive don't want that line breached?

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetED View Post
    Is a kilt just a skirt but made for men? Is that within your definition of female clothing? Wearing kilts are accepted in Scotland.
    This old chestnut again! A kilt is menswear, try telling any kilt wearing man that it isn't! I dare you, but be ready for the reaction and don't say that you weren't well warned!
    It is not merely in Scotland that men wear kilts. Most pipe band uniforms (UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia, Nepal and others) are based on traditional male highland dress, with both male and female members wearing the same uniform (female jacket is cut slightly differently so as to fit properly in the bust). The female members wear kilts, just like the men, not kilted skirts!

Funnily enough, while her male alter-ego both qualifies to (descended from McDonald and Maxwell clans) and would quite like to wear a kilt, Judith has not the slightest interest in plaid skirts, pleated or otherwise! Go figure!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I see where this is headed.
    The age old why can't men wear womens clothes argument again.
    I tend to think like Micki you are trying to justify why you like to wear womens clothes.
    I also think that you are carrying the fear of people thinking you are gay if they see you in womens clothes.
    So many here are so uptight I have to laugh a little.
    Get over yourselves and wear what YOU want and quit beating a dead horse.LOLOL
    Last edited by Tracii G; 01-13-2017 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I see where this is headed.
    and it won't live here long
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

My kilt, a skirt for men? Most certainly not. I might live in Yorkshire, but my ancestory is firmly rooted in Scotland, and along with all of the men inot my family, we are very proud of our kilts. In facthe, rather than seeing it as a skirt, it is probably the most masculine item in my wardrobe.

Silver Member
    But to answer your direct question, I do think it is usual, based on below link
    A very informative link. A guy looking to find additional ideas of what to tell when he reveals would do well to read it closely.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 01-13-2017 at 04:19 PM. Reason: you didn"t need all that to reply

Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    Do you think at least half of males have tried on one or more pieces of female clothing out of curiosity?
    You've been here for 7 years, why are you asking questions that have been asked many times ad nauseam? Have you learned nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    and it won't live here long
    Can we do something about these kinds of repetitive posts? Encourage more reading of stickies or something?

Veronica
    Last edited by Lorileah; 01-13-2017 at 04:22 PM. Reason: didn't need all that to respond
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaMoonlit View Post

Can we do something about these kinds of repetitive posts? Encourage more reading of stickies or something?

Veronica
    you can lead a dead horse to water but...

nope...besides no one reads stickies
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

It depends on your definition of accepted is. Truthfully I have on many occasions worn a skirt in boy mode and had no negative remarks or anything while getting plenty of positive encountera.

Banned Read only
    Krisi & Micki, you need to read and understand what my post said and meant. If men wearing some or all female clothing and most or nearly all of the public over time had come to accept men or some men wearing female clothing WOULD there still be a "number" of women that looked down on and couldn't accept this simply because it was once considered "female clothing that only females should wear".

And Veronica & Lorileah, this was a good post, read the above paragraph, perhaps this is why you are critical, you really didn't understand what I said. Another reason, we have new members joining all the time, it could help them. Just like the panty thread that keeps coming up often, if you can't handle it then move on to the next one or .............

Good Morning Ladies,

This is a good topic, one that has been here in the past I believe, but still a good topic for those that may not have read it before or are new.

I also agree with a lot of what the other ladies have said here. Especially ClosetED, there is such a stigma over what a guy is wearing from other guys than from a woman's point of view. Some women doesn't care what a guy is wearing and a few do care. "Clothes make the Man" ? Or "Clothes make the Woman" ? In a corporate setting more and more women are not wearing skirts and blouses but slacks, shirts and high heels. More often that not the only separating article are the expensive four inch heels... However if I wore the same outfit... "We are a diverse company" I would be looking for a new job and would lose most of my male friends.

Back out of the rabbit hole... Deebra I am positive more men have tried on women's clothes out of curiosity than they care to admit. Whereas if you ask a woman if she has wore men's clothes she would say yes without a doubt. An individuals preference is only restricted by how many people he is afraid to let know he wears what he wants to wear. Look at the Goth community or the heavily tattoo'd community. Are they accepted by everyone? Certainly not. However if people were more accepting of everyone instead of making fun or shunning / afraid of people that are different. The world would be a different place.

@--}-----
    Michelle

Is a kilt just a skirt but made for men? Is that within your definition of female clothing? Wearing kilts are accepted in Scotland. Women there are accepting of that.

Hugs, Ellen

To quote a T/Shirt in a shop in Scotlands capital city, Edinburgh

Its a Kilt - If I was wearing panties it would be a skirt.

As for anyone trying on other genders clothing I assume a lot might but just feel stupid after doing so.

This will only apply if its curiosity.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    Do you think at least half of males have tried on one or more pieces of female clothing out of curiosity? -------------------------
    My add on the self justifying T fantasy.
    I didn't start dressing until I was in my 50's. Until then I was a vanilla male with NO gender issues! I had a number of girlfriends and an ex wife over my previous sexually active adult years. Altho I had countless opportunities to privately try on women's clothes I never did and here's why:

I NEVER EVEN THOT ABOUT IT!
    And, that is the difference between dressers and other men. My only thot about women's things before my 50's was of how to get women out of them. Period! And, thot is how "regular' men think, whether u like it or not.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    docrobbysherry, I like it because I also use to love to get women out of them but then I wanted to get in them ??? What am I talking about?? Getting into the women or getting into their clothes or both.....????

deebra, you couldn't get more convoluted if you tried. Your posts start looking like "If i a hen and a half laid a an egg and a half in a a day and a half, how may days would it take a one legged grasshopper to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle?" If 1/3 of the men tried dresses and only 6 liked it, does that make women more likely to accept it? We understand so many here are looking for a reason why they dress and why society doesn't accept it. I will say this again, a lot of the nonacceptance is from the male half of society. Designers have tried to slip this type of clothing into male couture. It doesn't sell. Would women care if men started wearing things that "belonged" to their gender? The answer is no but it has to become a common thing. In the 70's a lot of men wore underwear that were essentially panties with no seams and no flys. Many women liked their men in those...MEN quit because they noted they looked like panties.

Again we understand everyone's quest for answers, it's what people do... Veronica was pointing out (correctly and a few years ago we even had a thread about what subjects came up over and over and over here) that these threads ever get resolved. The staff allows them to go until they break rules or become contentious (like arguing that Scotsmen wear skirts...therefore so should men in the US). We do have certain boundaries like complaining that "women get to be we don't" that is totally baseless.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly Preston View Post

Its a Kilt - If I was wearing panties it would be a skirt.
    You beat me to it, I was thinking that when I read the initial post...

To throw the cat amongst the pidgeons a little... I read an article a while ago that claimed that a survey had been carried out and that 8% of men had admitted to wearing women's clothing. I know that had I ever been asked this, until very recently, I would have answered 'No' and pretty sure that many of those in the closet would also have answered 'No'. This begs the question that in reality the real figure would be higher, perhaps even as high as 20-25%, but, I would safely say (using that article as a basis of truth) that 1 man in every 8 has worn women's clothing and a figure of 1 in 16 men are potentially cross dressers. Like I say, using an article as a basis of truth, it doesn't exactly normalise cross dressing, but, it does make it less abnormal.

Well , I guess this all begs the question ? " Is cross dressing really about the clothes or is it rather about how one feels about particular clothes ? Clothes are just clothes but one may associate certain feelings or thoughts about clothing based on there personal and social experiences. So if something became normal for men to wear I doubt it would have much appeal for a cross dresser to wear.