Thread: Dropping a BIG Hint... Through my Music

Dropping a BIG Hint... Through my Music

Hi everybody ...

I am a musician working on my new album and I have had a hankering to push the boundaries a little when it comes to how I portray myself in that capacity.
    I have experimented with a few different looks and from the off, I would NOT consider dressing in full girl mode if I couldn't pull it off very well... and sadly, I don't think that I can! I have tried various ideas and have gone for a more androgynous look, so I am just sharing the fruits of my labour with a 'soft audience' as I muster up the balls to put it out there to all my friends.

It matters a lot to me that I don't look like a joke. I don't THINK that I do, so if your comments ARE negative, please go easy on me, as you lay your soul on the line at the best of times when you put music out, but to do it like this is a little more scary for me!

This is HARD ROCK and it will not be to everyone's taste, but I hope that even if you don't like rock, you'd be able to see that it is at least of a high quality!

I also don't know if I should have a 'band name' or have a name 'name' as a sort of Alice Cooper/Marilyn Manson (not that I'm in the 'shock rock' scene).

Hope you like it x

Last edited by Debi; 01-30-2017 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Trying to embed YT video

Debi, I like the sound and the look. Julie

Very nice Debi.You really rocked. Yeah music talks to the souls. Nice look and you did look a bit androgynous.
    Part Time Girl

To people who have never met you, you look how you look. To people who knew you with some other look, you'll look different. Objectively, you're not the first rocker to wear long hair and eye liner -- with the strong male vocal (and you sound great,) I don't think anyone is going to see into your heart and know you're presenting female. Unless you tell them. With that performance, you're no joke.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

girl you dress any way you want to dress if you can play that axe like that, if anybody gives you any crap you let them know somebody has to step up for bowie and prince you tell them your a musician..... destructive debi ? DEFCON debi ? nuclear....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Wow Debi, great stuff! definitely my type of music, excellent guitar riffs and lyrics. The androgynous look has always been around in music, think you look really cool!
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Hey Debi

I love the jamming sound, sounds like the 90 grunge / hard rock music which I love.

Really I think if your hair was a lighter color say blonde or more highlights you could really have more of that femme Kix style look going on. But if the darker genre of music is your preference you are pulling that off great as well. Loved the video and that sound !

Now I have to challenge Tracii G to post a video too since she is guitar guru / designer
    Way too Girly ! I couldn't smell the smoke, and now I'll watch the flames

Out on Parole ......Woo Hoo

Have heard and seen your video elsewhere.

As I said there. Liked the demo. But I am a sucker for a hard edge rock.

thats great, when does the album come out??

good sound great rock look it's your thing
    hugs
    Ronda

I'm a huge music fan and although your genre is not really something I gravitate towards, I totally appreciate what you have done. You have talent and THE LOOK!!! I really hope that you continue to follow your dreams towards huge success. Gosh knows we need some high quality hard rock to bother the music scene these days.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Very well done video Debi.
    It has a grunge vibe to it but kind of a mix with 60's guitar phrasing.
    Great song as well.
    As far as your presentation its kind of andro which is not all that far out these days.
    I'm a guitar tech and roadie and I see some odd types but to be honest you don't look overly femme to me.LOL
    I know a few trans artists that are up and coming so do what you feel you need to do.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 01-31-2017 at 12:00 AM.

Wow, Excellent voice, playing, lyrics. I notice a similarity to Ozzy Osbourne as well in the voice quality. Very nice indeed.

Great Sound! The look matches well.

First of all I'm not the guru of music but I know what I like and can still appreciate an artist of any type of music. You have a talent most definitely. I've played in a couple of bands ( sorry they were 60's, and 70's, rock then for some reason I jumped back to my roots which was country with some folk thrown in. The world or at least some of it can be changed by the lyrics, the riffs, and the bands appearance. You have that London sound and a few have made the big time from that sound. My suggestion since your not in the shock rock scene is just be yourself. Use the deep feelings inside every artist and go with it. Be careful of names that automatically put you in a copy cat of other bands.i found the music industry is a big gamble in any type of music. The bands are so numerous now that producers are using the bands like mud being thrown against a brick wall. Some of it sticks and the rest slides down. I say if your the front guy then get a single catchy name that can be used and hire the back up band. It's ok to give the back ups a name also. A catchy name and the bands name. Example Debi and the Changers, or call yourself the Debi's. You asked for thoughts these are just mine.

RIGHT ON! That was awesome, Debi. It is a wall crafted song and the recording was excellent. Right up there with Living Color's Cult of Personality (an all time favorite of mine). I'm going to send it to my daughter and her boyfriend, who know nothing about Joyce. Their reaction should be interestiong...

As a musician (Bass), all I can say is ROCK ON!

Absolutely awesome. Riffs are great and structure of song is unbelievable. Kudos 2 u !!!!!!!

So, it's not my style of music, but being a musician myself, I can identify something that is quality and genuine. So great job, seriously! And you pulled off the androgynous look really well. This style of music includes all types of people and looks and you fit right in. I had pondered dressing for shows with my old band as I feel the crowd would be pretty open to such things. Ironically just never grew the balls to do it and now I kind of regret not wearing atleast a skirt or something. Anyway, yeah, give yourself a good name. You put something together like that you can call yourself anything you want.
    Ciao,
    Scarlett

Some really great riffs there and you look good speaking as a musician and a cd.
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Looks and sounds GREAT to me, Debi! I think your look is fine and the song is excellent!! I love that style of guitar music.
    My name is Carol.