Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exercise to help keep that feminine figure

Question Exercise to help keep that feminine figure

Three years ago my buddy (the same one that just came out to me) talked me into running with him. He had been bugging me for about a year to go running with him. So I finally gave in. The first time out was a disaster. I couldn't even run a mile. I think we walked most of the trail. I remember being a wet sloppy mess by the time I got back to the car. We did about two miles. I was really out of shape. I had started to gain some weight and didn't like how I was looking. I tried to convince myself that my boobs would get bigger, and that was ok. But that was a lie. I really didn't like it. So I kept on running.

As of 2016 I have ran in two Marathons, two half marathons, and about a dozen other races of varying length. I never in a million years thought I would love to run like this. I hated it when I started. Now I miss it when I don't.

As an encouragement, I have noticed that I really don't look bad in a dress. I add a little bit of padding where needed, but love how I feel and look. I look and feel more alive than I did before.

Has anyone else experienced this? What type of exercise do you do, and does being a cross dresser encourage it at all?
    "Oh my God, I realized, it's not that we're screwed up; it's just that we've been trained to thnk so."
    ~Rick Novic, Alice in Genderland

Hi Amy,
    I'm another runner who can't live a day without it. In my mind without a doubt it the best way to take off weight a around the shoulders and waist.
    And so true I fell my dresses look better on me without the big shoulders

I was never a runner. I always had a better time on a bike. I used to ride everywhere as a kid. As an adult I have had few mountain bikes and have ridden alot. I need to get back to it! I have put on quite a bit of weight! I have also hit the wieghts quite a bit. Nowadays, its high reps, low weight to tone!

Hi Amy, I do cross-fit to keep my figure and part of it is running, jumping rope and exercises. It keeps me in shape. I do like to run. So sometime I run for a couple miles.
    Part Time Girl

That is awesome Amy ! For me it is walking ! I walk and hike in the parks when ever I get a chance . I also love to wear short shorts tanks and sports bras ! I do enjoy the free feeling and it sure does help keep the weight off to maintain that girly figure !

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    YES!!! I run 6 miles a day ! Some days 10.....but running took 40 pounds off me when i first came back from my purge !

Arthritis means lower body exercise is limited. I use a rowing machine. So I've got the biggest shoulders of any 'girl' I know. But swimming is boring, so there's not much else. I watch TV while I row.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Not running. I'm a cyclist, have been for 50 years now. But today with a howling wind blowing, and rain falling horizontally, it will be on the static bike with the telly on. Stay safe.

at 73 and 240 pounds, I have trouble with running. I also suffer arthritis, and form of inner ear problems that makes it so I have to see to keep from falling over.
    In my bucket list for this year, I am aiming at 200 pounds if not 180.

chuckle; loosing that much weight will mean I will have to get a total new wardrobe, maybe shoes too.

Hey, if I lose that much weight will it mean that I will have to get new wigs too? : )
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    I went from 240 in September to 215 now. Lots of exercise and less eating. It's like getting a whole new wardrobe when I go through the drawers of clothes that "shrank" over the years. I have lots of cute activewear outfits...it really helps motivate me when I know I get to wear a cute running skort and racerbback top for my workouts. I especially like the bright cheery colors!
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Being a tgirl is a great motivator to exercise. What better reason to stay trim , shapley and younger looking than to know you look good in a bodycon mini dress. I exercise hard and often. I do sprint intervals on my bike at high intensity, similarly with my swimming, do 6-7 km runs at a good pace and my walking is done twice a week playing golf. I would never have believed I could have been so fit at my age and it is not time consuming or arduous.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I used to cycle a hundred miles a week, but then I got a car and it made me a little lazy. Got to admit I hate exercise, but I keep in trim by not eating very much (still healthily) and I'm on my feet and active most of the day.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I use to do triathlons, as well as half marathons. Ran a lot, probably about 5-6 days a week. Combat injury ended that, and I switched to recumbent cycling and still do that.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I studied martial arts most all of my life so I do Tai Chi most every morning.
    Its a great stretching, physical exercise and it helps clear my mind and keep me in touch with my chi.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

When I got serious about my fem figure I quit my gym!

Excersize is NOT a long term weight loss tool. Plus, my muscled arms and legs said, "Man" to the world!

The best excersize for weight loss is pushing yourself away from the dinner table. 7 years ago I made gradual, but permanent, changes to my eating and drinking habits. I lost about 20 lbs and they r gone for good! I find it's easier to ADD padding where Sherry needs it than having that immovable spare tire around my middle---

The only excersizes I continue to use that actually help Sherry's figure r the 100 modified crunches and stretching routine I do every morning.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aspiring Member
    I used to do a lot of walking but that hasn't happen for the last couple of years. I am going to buy a bicycle and start riding in the city and parks. I have gain a few extra pounds since I quit working and the two surgeries I had on my shoulder this past year hasn't help in losing any weight.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Great thread I find it very motivating being at 240lbs now I hope to be at 200 or 180 by next year.My plan is this cardio low weight high reps focus more on squats and more cardio.90% of fittness is in the kitchen and 10%in the gym so changing my eating habits is something I will be incorporating into my routine .

Amy,

Mostly free weights... Lots of leg exercises to keep my form and spin classes for endurance and to keep my butt looking good.

@--}----
    Michelle

Love to walk and I use the Treadclimber just about every day. I've never been big but was starting to put on a few extra pounds that set new records for me. One week of one small meal a day and exercising twice a day took off the biggest chunk of the weight gain. The rest has come off slower but at an acceptable pace. Less food, more movement. The days I start to feel lazy I just remind myself that Any walk is better than No walk. At this point I'll always look like an old guy in a dress. I just don't have to look like a fat old guy in a dress.

I used to run every day but 3 back surgeries later running cause to much pain so have to go to the gym all low impact stuff
    hugs
    Ronda

I find exercise has been a bit of a double edged sword, my arms/chest have gotten a little bigger and where I used to fit into a women's M size I now need an L or XL, I'm naturally on the smaller side so I don't see myself getting much more muscular than that (unless I really start increasing my protein intake). That said, my legs look better than ever! They're very toned and muscular and look great on a dress/skirt. I do weights about 3 times a week and go for a 1hr run from 1-3 times a week as well.

Hate...to...run. I do bike from time to time, and will be doing more soon. Also joined WW last week. Fitting into smaller sizes and having more selection is certainly a motivating factor.

I have at least 20 more lbs of muscle to lose so lots of running for me.

First off Amy, we may well have run in the same race(s) as I live in northern Summit county. I would speculate we may have run the same half marathon this past October(?).

Three years ago, at the ripe old age of 52, I rarely ran. Coincidentally I finally accepted who I am.

While I have not yet run a marathon (well done Amy!, I'll do that in 2017), I ran two halfs last year and about 50 5Ks over the past 2 years, winning my age group probably 45 times. The self acceptance, as well as the training, has me looking pretty good in a dress, if I say so myself!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Having my knees replaced ended my running days, but one day I started just trying to get a cardio heart rate for 40 minutes five days a week. That and watching what I eat helped me lose over 100 pounds two years ago. Now I'm into maintenance and love the new outfits!

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!