Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exercise to help keep that feminine figure

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I'm not sure any of us have a feminine figure so all your running and weight training or cardio aren't going to give a feminine figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kandi Robbins View Post
    First off Amy, we may well have run in the same race(s) as I live in northern Summit county. I would speculate we may have run the same half marathon this past October(?).

Three years ago, at the ripe old age of 52, I rarely ran. Coincidentally I finally accepted who I am.

While I have not yet run a marathon (well done Amy!, I'll do that in 2017), I ran two halfs last year and about 50 5Ks over the past 2 years, winning my age group probably 45 times. The self acceptance, as well as the training, has me looking pretty good in a dress, if I say so myself!
    Kandi,
    There is a good possibility our paths have crossed somewhere. I do the three Akron Marathon races every year. 8K in June, Half in August, and Full in September. I've also done several of the Western Reserve Racing runs. They have lots of different races year round.

Its so great to hear about all of the ways that you ladies are keeping fit and looking good! We are all different and not everyone likes or does the same things. It does seem to help keep me happy with who I am. I hope it does for all of you as well!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I'm not sure any of us have a feminine figure so all your running and weight training or cardio aren't going to give a feminine figure.
    It sure sounds good though, doesn't it? We can only do the best we can with what we have. Being born male, exercise only goes so far.
    "Oh my God, I realized, it's not that we're screwed up; it's just that we've been trained to thnk so."
    ~Rick Novic, Alice in Genderland

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Actually Tracii , I lost a lot of my male tummy and now have a 29 inch waist . Exercise , hormones , and dieting have helped me to have less muscle mass on my chest , more on my thighs and some fat on my bottom and hips > It does make a differance

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Excersize is NOT a long term weight loss tool. Plus, my muscled arms and legs said, "Man" to the world!

The best excersize for weight loss is pushing yourself away from the dinner table. 7 years ago I made gradual, but permanent, changes to my eating and drinking habits. I lost about 20 lbs and they r gone for good! I find it's easier to ADD padding where Sherry needs it than having that immovable spare tire around my middle---

The only excersizes I continue to use that actually help Sherry's figure r the 100 modified crunches and stretching routine I do every morning.
    I have to agree with you, I went on the 5 2 fast diet and lost the 12 extra pounds I was carrying. The best part of the diet is that it attacks the excess fat wherever it may be, so it took a lot of weight off my middle, I dropped 2 sizes. Once I lost the weight it has been very easy to maintain by cutting back to a 6 1 instead of 5 2.

As for exercise I am very careful not to do anything that creates muscle bulk, so i limit myself to short rides on my exercise bike, walking around a lot and working standing up.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Aspiring Member
    I am 67, and have mountain biked for years, (since about 86) and although I don't go out much in the winter now I do pedal a Ryan recumbent set up on a trainer inside in the winter. I have been doing 1 hour 4 times a week this winter. From March or so to Nov. I try and get out on the bike 3 o more times a week for 1 to 2 hours. I used to run some but couldn't get into it. I envy those who can and do run. And to do a marathon, that's GREAT. I don't know anyone who exercises that I can go out with. My friend who would has a &itch of a wive that doesn't let him get into anything but staying home on the couch. Anybody in the eastern CT/western RI area who would be into trail rides? I think the biking gives me more muscled legs that are more feminine and I know being active is good for me and I enjoy the biking.

I was doing crossfit and running. The crossfit toned up my legs but bulked up my shoulder and arms. I DNF'd my first marathon (It was one of the hardest trails races in the east). Injury sidelined me most of last year. I plan to get back at it soon but I think I will be sticking to trail running and diet to not gain the bulk.

I've always said I fluctuate between chunky and extra chunky.

I used to be extra chunky (225 ish) but now I'm only chunky (187), and I'd like to reach the 170/175 area (a/k/a size 12 land).

I exercise a LOT, including basketball, tennis, running (marathon planned for 4/9), biking, and swimming (I do sprint triathlons too).

The exercise keeps me fit, but if I want to lose weight, I have to count calories (I use MyFitnessPal). The only diet that works for me is the math diet; eat less calories than I burn. I try to limit my calorie intake to around 2,000 a day, and with the exercise burn 3,000+ a day. I've got a triathlon watch that tracks steps, heart rate, and calories burned, so between counting the calories in and the calories out, I have a good way to actually lose the weight (even though I have days where I eat more than I should).

Count me in. I always love sports. For crossdressing, it's good for the silouhette and the face.
    So for me, working out is combining the the pleasant and the useful.
    I run regularly (goods for legs and lose the belly) and play soccer times to times now (ankle injury).
    I try to tone up the lower body (I also do squats exercises) and slimdown the upper body (works abs and obliques, gainage).
    Boys who dress as girls have more fun.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by immindy View Post
    Actually Tracii , I lost a lot of my male tummy and now have a 29 inch waist . Exercise , hormones , and dieting have helped me to have less muscle mass on my chest , more on my thighs and some fat on my bottom and hips > It does make a differance
    The key item for you is you are on hormones.
    90% of CDers here aren't so its a safe assumption that it won't be the same for others.

I'm 190 lbs now down from 200. It's a small gain but I'm dedicating this year to getting rid of my belly. I found this when I was Googled Cross dressing 101 http://www.reneereyes.com/Crossdress...ercise%20Tips/. I have started started following the tips. I'll keep people updates as to if it works if you ladies would like

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Erin, the site mentions an ab roller for abs. I used an ab roller for years. Until my physical therapist got me doing something better. Crunches!

They r much better work out. Do the modified ones that I do and they won't hurt your neck. Cross your arms on your belly while doing crunches lying on your back. I do 100 every morning. Because I do them and an entire stretching routine every morning, I could probably do 200. But, a 100 keeps my abs rock hard!

I don't think developing rock hard abs will remove your belly fat, but I promise it won't hurt!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I once heard that you lose pounds in the kitchen and ounces at the gym but when I am there it is mostly on the elliptical machine.

I always thought the ab roller was kinda funny.. remember the thigh master?! I am subing in crunches. Thanks Sherry.