Thread: Sometimes the small things make your day

Sometimes the small things make your day

I had to get a neck CT scan a couple of days ago because I have a stone in my salivary gland. To be frank I wasn't feeling that great because it was hurting like all hell, I had barely slept the night before and I must have looked pretty bloody average. The young gentleman who was the radiographer really made me just a little bit happier on the inside when as he was getting me in to the scanner he asked in all earnestly "now is there any chance you could be pregnant Madame?". Made me feel really good on 2 levels, one was obviously that he instintictively gendered me female, even better was he thought I was young enough to be pregnant!

oh how lovely. i hope the stone goes with the easist of facilitations. good luck.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

What a a lovely post and such a sweet man

Ex prisoner in paradise CostaRicaRachel's Avatar
    That is so fantastic! It must be very gratifying! I'm happy for you, I know hearing that
    would really make my day!
    Although your current visions might be grounded in reality,
    there are no shortcuts to get from here to there.
    Face the facts and realize that you still may have to manifest this
    dream the old-fashioned way: by creating a concrete plan,
    putting in the hard work and maintaining an
    unwavering determination to make it happen.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Yes, it's lovely when that happens. I'm 60 going on 40 and it doesn't happen to me all that often, but when it does it is a moment to cherish
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Kate, this begs just one question..... What have you been up to young lady?

Seriously though, If a stone in the salivary glad hurts anything like kidney stones then anything that brings a smile is by definition "Good"
    Hope the treatment goes smoothly.
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.