Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How long does it take you to get ready?

How long does it take you to get ready?

I used to take 30 min to an hour to get fully made up - shapewear underwear wig makeup jewelry and shoes- but now it's more like 10 min. Maybe I'm not savoring the process like I used to. How about you girls?

30 to 40 minutes for everything.

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Normal everyday stuff, 15 -20 Min. If I'm really doing it to the 9s, 30 Min. to an hour depending on if I already made up my mind on what to wear. Sometime that can take a hour or more.

Reality Check
    That depends on the definition of "ready". Anywhere from a few minutes to nearly an hour.

One to 1-1/2 hours. It's not a chore to get through in order to BE transformed. The pleasure of transforming begins when the process begins. I could do it quicker, I suppose, but why cut short the fun?

It takes me about 45 minutes to an hour and I enjoy every minute of it.

about an hour to get it complete if I don't change my mind about what I'm wearing
    hugs
    Ronda

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Typically about an hour not including shaving, moisturising ect, sometimes a bit longer.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

@Diane: I was wondering whether or not we were including the "pre-preparation."

@OP: I have never tried forms and shapewear, but I did start using make up.

Wash face, shave face, extinguish fire, moisturise, prime: That's one hour for me, right there. Unfortunately, I do not enjoy that part. It's painful, and I still look the same afterwards . Everything that follows, however, is a pleasure!

Around 2 hours . It can be tempting, when the pink fog has descended, to proceed immediately after shaving and save about 40-or-so minutes, but there would be a price to pay later. Ow, OW! Ouch!

If I have the whole day to myself and no one is going to be around or am at a hotel I'll stretch the whole process out to one or two hours. Starting with meticulous hair grooming shaving and a nice hot bath then moisturizer and really taking my time with my makeup. Choosing clothes usually takes awhile too. But I've got what I call my 'hit bag' that contains just essentials is well organized and can get the job done in a fraction of that time

On the rare occasion I go out it takes, all in, four hours. That's right, four hours.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I would say about 30 minutes, not counting shower and shaving.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Good question, Lydianne, whether pre-transforming preparation is included. I would also have to include post-transforming time. Closet dressers with a limited time window must allow clean-up and put-away time. I include everything in what I call my dressup session.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor186 View Post
    On the rare occasion I go out it takes, all in, four hours. That's right, four hours.
    Yowza! 4 hours? I'd be ready for a new shave. My time has not decreased significantly, and depend if false eyelashes and nails are involved.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ake&highlight=

Depending on how "elaborate" I want to get, anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours

Depending on what time I have, 30 min to 90 minutes.
    Lydianne - what do you use to shave? You do this once a month, so might have a lot of growth. You could use trimmer first, then a 5 blade razor on a pivot to get the remains. I also try to swipe an area all 4 directions to get it all and use a shaving gel. Some small nicks still but they stop quickly.
    If I have more time, I will do my all my nails with polish - this adds time before and after. I very rarely get a whole day.
    Hugs, Ellen

While I have never held a stop watch to it I would guess about 30 min unless I am putting on evening makeup then it is 45 min.
    I then might spend another 10 min selecting what to wear. All for going nowhere. Instead I might spend an hour in front of my camera. The camera is the litmus test. It tells me what I really look like and never tells a lie. that is part of the reason I don't go anywhere.
    Still looking for a North Alabama friend or two I can talk to or maybe even meet.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

It takes me about 2 hrs from start to out the door. I start with shower & shave, then makeup. Once make up done I start getting dressed. I take my time especially doing my makeup. I am in no hurry no deadlines time limits. I leave when I am satisfied I am ready. Also this includes making sure I have everything in my purse that I will need. Cell phone, driver's license, debit card, lipstick, compact, etc. I learned a long time ago if I get in a rush then things do not come out right / look right.

Aspiring Member
    I can do it in 20 minutes, dressed and makeup. if I had to shave legs & chest and do press on nails 35 to 40 mins. I usually don't have more than an hour and half to two hours. I need to make the most of my time.
    Sara

2 1/2-3 hours. Longer if a shower is needed.
    Jon

I normally figure on 45 minutes, but that includes shower and face and body shaving as well as selecting an outfit to wear. It also includes breast forms, hip pads and shapewear to hold the hip pads in position, and getting my purse ready with what I'll need for going out.

I don't need to do my nails, because they are acrylic nails that are kept pretty 24x7, even in male mode.

If I have already shaved and showered, and have an outfit laid out in advance and my purse and jewelry already laid out, I can get ready to go out the door in about 15 to 20 minutes. About half of that for the makeup and half for putting the clothes and wig on.

about 40 minutes from starting shower, shave face, chest, limbs, dress, make-up and jewellery. finally nail polish.

Not having the opportunity for crossdressing as often I would like to, I usually save a day in the month for my girly time and take the time to preprare.
    I would say it takes me 2 hours from shaving to the final touch of makeup (I usually do my nails the night before).

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetED View Post
    You could use trimmer first, then a 5 blade razor on a pivot to get the remains. I also try to swipe an area all 4 directions to get it all and use a shaving gel.
    Hugs, Ellen
    I shave exactly the same way
    Boys who dress as girls have more fun.

About an hour for me, but most of that time is just to adjust my petticoats so I look just right for the mirror!!

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    45mins to 1 hour. That includes a quick shower and full make up. But choosing what to wear can take all day?