Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does The Public Really Care???

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Bottom line: Some of "the public" DOES care! If u don't pass and u go out willy nilly without a worry?

It's U who doesn't care! Because stuff happens to everyone when they go out to vanilla venues. Angela may enjoy it, I don't!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aspiring Member
    In general I don't think the public cares. They clock us and move on. I have encountered a few sales ladies that did appear a bit uncomfortable. One was at a Goodwill and the other at a mall.

Most don't care as long as you don't make them care.

I must live as me and go where I need to go. I do so on public transportation. I am just TG. But I make sure to look like the gender I am identifying as. I am not trying to attract men but sometime men are attracted to me. Men are usually the ones who disapprove because they don't want to like someone who looks like someone they are usually attracted to. So men who like women wont like you. Ladies won't approve when they think you are trying to get there man, so who do you think you are. Otherwise some may laugh and this is especially true with teens but there is nothing they can do to change me. I usually don't worry as long I feel I look good. Most don't care though.
    [COLOR="blue"]Contessa Marie D

I'm TG. A fem-male so I look male sometimes.

Dressing is necessary, the type of clothes you wear not so much.

This above all to thy own self be true!

Quote Originally Posted by Dana44 View Post
    I must say the waitresses are very talkative with us and never asks about me cross-dressing. However they say how nice I look and being confidant and looking like I belong. They get a kick out of it. But on male waitresses, they call me a lady and mam. And they are very nice as well.
    You're forgetting that these people are depending upon YOU for their income, and are inclined to be nice to you in order to get a better tip.

Quote Originally Posted by phili View Post
    I have to admit all of the punishments that are possible do happen, but the frequency and acceptability of it are lower now than ever.
    Uh, YOU are in San Francisco. Move to Littletown, U.S.A. in the south or midwest and you're experience might be just a little different.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 01-22-2017 at 04:34 PM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I have never had any problem trying new clothes on in shops. However, the real test is to wear straightaway as you go out of the shop into the street, the clothes you've just bought. I would in a distant town, but not in my own town - yet.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

That is about the size of it. I go to a beauty salon 70 miles away for full body massage, and am perfectly OK going there in feminine mode - pink cheesecloth shirt, turquoise mohair pullover, soft light blue scarf, short skirt and frilly panties, necklace and bracelet. But not in my own town, where I've lived for 30+ years and fairly well known.