Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CD/TV Sighting

CD/TV Sighting

Saw my first MTF CD/TV in the wild today. Not enough time to read sufficiently, but I'm pretty sure. Cambridge MA, well dressed, fairly heavy makeup for 0730. I offered a smile but the lady refused eye contact, like many women in the US. Maybe I was mistaken

Overheard in the grocery checkout line.

"Look Momma, there's a man dressed like a woman!"

"Hush child."

"Oh, that's ok, I hear that a lot."

I wonder if they publish a field guide to this like bird watching?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    We are everywhere Julie

Junior Member Jennifer Michelle's Avatar
    I split my time between going to School in North Chicago, but I am originally from Indiana
    I believe I have seen one once in Wrigleyville near Chicago but I didn't get up the courage to talk to them or anything. They were with a group of ladies dancing so I felt like it might not be a good idea to approach them at the time. I thought they were pretty brave to come to such a crowded bar in the middle of Wrigleyville lol.

Were you wearing a CD hunting outfit? You know 6" heels and a miniskirt? You all spend WAYYYY to much tine worrying about something that is really none of your business

OH BTW, you approach me and in any manner out me or try and discuss being trans without me knowing you and you will get such a stare that cheap makeup will melt off your face. Really people grow up
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I split my time between going to School in North Chicago, but I am originally from Indiana
    My only interest in meeting another CD in person would be to potentially make a new friend or to get advice but I would be friendly about it of course. If they didn't want to talk I would leave them alone and let them go about their business lol. It's no exactly to meet up with other CDs especially since I'm pretty closeted myself.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    As a fairly newbie to going out I would HATE it if anyone approached me, whether they wanted to be my 'friend' or not. If anyone ever did 'spot' me, just keep walking.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

you wouldn't have to worry Diane the chances of me meeting you in public are slim to none. Plus its very unlikely I would approach another crossdresser in public because that would potentially out me too lol.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Well, yes, but I didn't mean just you, I meant anyone.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    E1 or E3 my dear 0730 or a LEO?

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Michelle View Post
    I believe I have seen one once in Wrigleyville near Chicago but I didn't get up the courage to talk to them or anything. They were with a group of ladies dancing so I felt like it might not be a good idea to approach them at the time. I thought they were pretty brave to come to such a crowded bar in the middle of Wrigleyville lol.
    Jenn darling that was me in Wrigleyville!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    OH BTW, you approach me and in any manner out me or try and discuss being trans without me knowing you and you will get such a stare that cheap makeup will melt off your face.
    I think I want to cross-stitch that onto a couch cushion...
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Lorileah, why so hostile? I was happy for and proud of her. I offered a smile as I would to anyone, especially one which I admire, and I assume have something in common. Oh, and I complimented an attractive GG at lunch today. I think being friendly and acknowledging our fellow humans is my business. Julie

I saw a young preop TS as a patient a few months back - she lives 24/7 but not on hormones yet. Still using male name. I told her I was well-informed about TG issues, but did not out myself. I was tempted to show her the pic of me dressed in my lab coat and high heels and say "imagine you were seen by me dressed this way instead of drab" but it is not recommended to mix personal life with patient care.
    Hugs, Ellen

Well said Lorileah, now I understand why you are one of our team of moderators.

Julie, you can say hello to me anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by JuliePtown View Post
    Lorileah, why so hostile?
    why so hostile? Because CDs think it's a game to be out. This isn't hide and seek. You don't walk up to a pretty woman and stare or give a "knowing" smile, it's rude. You don't walk up to someone and say "Hey I see by your outfit that you are a cowboy...I'm a cowboy too" it's rude. At least half the CDs here are afraid of their shadow, you smiling at them just adds to that fear if they are out. How many threads have stated "a guy said_____to me...what did he mean?"

This isn't a secret club where you look for the ring, flick the side of your nose and wink. Personally I would find it rude, and you would hear about it from me. Others would be scared (what is your intention? Are you secretly laughing or supporting "gee I thought I looked good but that person just outed me in public, now everyone will laugh or point or the manager will throw me out.") AND you make the assumption it was a CD...maybe it was a transwoman...maybe it was a transsman who hasn't changed clothes styles...maybe it was (gasp) a WOMAN and you just leered at her or made her uncomfortable. It's bad enough to have some ape stare or laugh or point or..smile (why would he do that? You know just because I am trans doesn't mean I am a hooker). CDs need to learn to be discreet. Aw hell everyone needs to be discreet, it's NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. Quit hunting for TGs. You know, because you are on this forum, that there are a few out there. You also know that it's a big scary world. You also know that many are just getting their sea legs and you could have very easily thrown them back into the closet.

Yeah, I'm hostile. You don't understand what is in that person's mind. They don't understand what's in yours, even as innocent as you were.

Here's the rule: If you see (what you think MIGHT be) a transperson in public...Go about your business. No smiles. No knowing looks. No secret hand waves. This isn't a giant hide and seek game
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Opinion noted

I have to agree with Lorileah on this one! You are not in the other person's head. You have no idea where they are at on their journey. Just do a mental "aha" and let it be! IMHO hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    I have no ill will towards those in the community recognizing me as a crossdresser and approaching me. If they want to out theirselves to me that is fine and it's all good to me if they out me as being a crossdresser.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    I don't agree with Lorileah too often but I agree with all her comments on this thread

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Its just common decency to mind your own business.
    In this day and age people seem to think they can tell others what to do.
    You see it all over face book and you can see what trouble comes from it so be considerate of that person.
    I have been out enfemme and seen others of our community and it has just been a friendly smile and that is it.
    No need to take it any farther than that.

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer0918 View Post
    I don't agree with Lorileah too often...
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

Sorry Lori, from what I read at in the OP, there was no leering, wink or otherwise, except a smile. If the OP wants to clarify that as a leer, then I will agree with you. That is what I read. As you know personally I talk to everyone, even the real and wannabe cowboys. Handled correctly, great conversations can follow. Handled poorly, who knows what will happen. I do not go up to trans people and wink, snort, nor pick my nose. If I am close enough, I may talk about the weather, the clothes selection where we are at or something that I would also say to anyone, trans, cowboy or not. I agree that a poor direct approach is wrong, but and indirect one can work.

And your comment about CD's thinking it is a game to be out is as bad or worse than someone else's poor comment about CD's playing dress up. You get sensitive and so can we. It is definitely a two way street.

That's the way I read the OP, also. I must be in the glass is half full category.

Julie, the world needs more smiles.
    You are you. You are beautiful. Labels are worthless.