Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Called Sir Twice while out today

Called Sir Twice while out today

Glad to be a man. Even though I wore woman clothing.
    Last edited by Billy; 01-16-2017 at 08:17 AM.

Platinum Member
    What did you expect those people to call you if you had six days worth of stubble on your face? They were calling you by the recognized gender and not the clothes you were wearing.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Well, much as I admire your efforts at going out as you do, if you do have a good stubble growth, short hair and no wig or makeup and present as manly (apart from the clothes) what else would they call you?
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Just a comfortable outing is all. Simply one example that a guy can go out in female clothing without issue.
    Last edited by Billy; 01-16-2017 at 08:17 AM.

Nice to hear that they were civil and friendly. But the world we live in still expect a binary gender,and so they need to use sir or madam, or none at all. So since they did not use none, I imagine the greeter was politely but intentionally noting that you were non-conforming.
    What would have preferred they say?
    Would you be willing to try to more completely look feminine and see if the pronoun changes?
    Have others tried this experiment?
    Nice discussion on where society stands. Could you provide the region or estimate how TG friendly area the area is?
    Hugs, Ellen

I was pleased they were friendly and called me sir. To me that indicates they saw me as a confident man.
    Last edited by Billy; 01-16-2017 at 08:22 AM.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    ...even though I was wearing very feminine clothing and carrying a purse people I interacted with chose to refer to me as sir.
    .. The goatee is gone but 6 day stubble. ...
    Ya think? You were presenting as a MALE wearing feminine clothing. Women's clothing does not make anyone a woman.

Banned Read only
    Meh.

If I had a nickel for every time I got called "Ma'm"......from behind.....with nothing but my long hair to go by, I'd be rich.

It's always fun to watch them squirm when they realize they've made a mistake.

what did you want. You have been on here for weeks now, you have made it clear you are a MAN who likes dressing. Ya gets what ya pays for. If you don't want "sir" wear a name tag
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

On the contrary. I was very happy to be accepted and recognized and called sir and not ignored and called nothing. I think everyone new to going out in public should be excited when they feel accepted.

I say that what you proved is that maybe where you went the folks were nice and could care less if you enjoy wearing Capri pants, panty hose women's shoes, pink purse, blouse and a purse. I would say the employees of shopping area are very considerant to people and are probably trained to be that way.
    Maybe now try it with full makeup and a wig with no stubble.

When I go out en-femme as full expression of self I get ma'amed and if I get sired I am disappointed by not deterred. There is no way I "pass" as female so in referring to me in the feminine is I believe a polite way of acknowledging my efforts to be me, even though they may not know my motives. If you are showing that you are just a man who enjoys wearing feminine clothing than what do you expect? you will get sired, it's better than a lot of other things you could be called.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    They called you sir, but they may have assumed you were deranged and were possibly being polite for fear that you might bite them or something.

If you want to know what they really think, you would get a more objective response by befriending them and gradually getting them to let their guard down, then after say a year, quietly bringing up the subject of stubbled men who wear dresses.

I very much look forward to your continuing experiments.

Best wishes, Nikki
    I used to have a short attention spa

I don't think deranged would be on their mind. I delivered a friendly smile and spoke politely. I don't think they perceived me as a threat.
    Last edited by Billy; 01-16-2017 at 08:23 AM.

billy has been posting as a man for a few weeks now, he shared that he went out as himself in womens clothes, crossdressed, he went out in clothes that he liked, to him they were merely clothes, he was true to himself and yet there seems to be some discord and some felt they needed to give a dig at how he choose to present, he presented as a man in a dress, that is his thing, you have your thing, i have mine....

good on you billy for getting out and being your"self",
    happy that it was pleasant for you and folks seemed to not have a problem how you presented.
    i have witnessed what i will assume are like minded folks, one time at a payless, same presentation, few days growth, LBD.....no wig or makeup, i tried to linger to see if i could hear any comments, a few second looks from folks, the SA was pleasant, but no time to linger any further....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Personally I hate being called sir, makes me feel like I'm old.

I think it's great you're comfortable enough to go out dressed, Billy, if only all of us could feel that comfortable, but I'm slowly coming along with it myself.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You present as a man in womens clothes so what did you expect to happen?
    If you are nice to people generally they are nice back so whats the problem and again what did you expect?

A thought crossed my mind as I passed a sports bar on my way home from the store today. I thought that if I went into a facility, sat down and had a few cocktails and then decided to frequent that facility, after a while, the regulars would think nothing of Billy in women's clothing.
    Last edited by Billy; 01-16-2017 at 08:23 AM.

Banned Spammer
    It seems you are all about the shock factor and wanting to see how others react.
    I will say you play with fire long enough you will get burned eventually.
    All it takes is one Bubba that hates what you are to come down on you hard.
    You feel the need to throw things in peoples faces they will turn on you.
    Be warned is all I'm saying

That's probably true Billy. Once people get used to it they probably will only notice if you show up in drab.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    It seems you are all about the shock factor and wanting to see how others react.
    I will say you play with fire long enough you will get burned eventually.
    All it takes is one Bubba that hates what you are to come down on you hard.
    You feel the need to throw things in peoples faces they will turn on you.
    Be warned is all I'm saying
    Why would you insinuate that I throw things in peoples faces? I am respectful, pleasant, and kind.

Silver Member
    That's OK I was wearing jeans and t-shirt albeit women's and no wig or makeup gave the woman my male name and she proceeded to call me mam for the next hour. I wasn't even wearing a bra. I did notice later I had a lot of sagging projection without one. Maybe it is my meds.

Banned Spammer
    You have your own way of dressing and you are more than free to do as you wish.
    So maybe its not throwing things in peoples faces technically but six days of beard growth wearing a blouse ,skirt.purse how do you think that looks to most people?
    Again do what you want I'm not going to argue with you.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I am respectful, pleasant, and kind.
    I wouldn't doubt that you are Billy, but sooner or later, especially in a bar, you'll come across someone who isn't.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

The bar I passed when the thought crossed my mind is a nice upper scale sports bar/Italian restaurant. They have a regular crowd of respectable clientele. I would think if I became a regular and some hoodlum entered and started to cause trouble, the hoodlum would be the one to get thrown out.