Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Called Sir Twice while out today

Thanks for the advice! I guess I am lucky I live up north

for me i think that the title may have been worded better, i dusted off this old dity for folks to peruse, searching for topics can be a bit difficult, this was my thread and i had to dig a bit for it as the most current dates fill in first even though my search "bearded dude in a dress" was pretty specific, i felt the need to share for just a little different perspective.......enjoy....

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ighlight=beard
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Is it hard to understand why a man would like to wear women's clothing in private?
    Not at all. Lots of us do it. But going out in womens clothes, with no makeup, or wig, and a six days stuble is a bit of a stretch.

Good for you Billy! There have been a few times I felt just like wearing the clothes and didn't bother with makeup or a wig. I generally have positive experiences in those situations. I dated someone in the Mystic waterfront and would sometimes walk from my car to their place or briefly around halfway dressed. Personally, I don't like to do that often, mostly because I don't think society readily accepts that.

Paula

I agree with Tracii on this subject. I'm all for pushing the envelope, but one must be very careful. In a non-CD circumstance, I have met Bubba and can tell you that it is not pleasant and VERY scary. While you are engrossed in your agenda, be vigilant about your surrounding.

As I understand the subject of "passing", it is to blend in and not attract undo attention. Perhaps, what you are doing will make it easier for others. Just remember the Japanese adage, "The nail that sticks up will get hammered down.". Be careful!

I'll chime in here as another bearded guy in a dress, which fact arouses a lot of strong feelings amongst those on the board.

I'm fine being called Sir, and I don't like being called Ma'am, which happened only once in SF when someone was trying to be accommodating and guessing that was what I would prefer.

Each of us, from Billy though Zooey, have a POV based on our own understanding of ourselves and our motivation to crossdress. Most of us might admit we also earnestly seek the comfort of others.

Any post is one person's statement of their belief or random thought, which then becomes the subject of more conversation. That necessarily means that those replying will react from their POV, and then the OP tries to further explain or correct what they see as misperception, which then sounds like or actually becomes a testy [pun'] contest [another pun!!!] and the tension rises if we are not careful to remember we all are just blabbering away from our POV and trying to find common ground, share, etc.

The whole thing works as long as we don't get sharp with each other and impugn motives. I was stunned by how many people asserted that it is just beyond imagination for a man to want to be a man in a dress in my post a week or so ago. Here we are again- I'm hoping that this time we can just make room in cross-dresser's heaven for us men who like to wear dresses. For me, yes it is the feel, yes. it is to want to be able to switch into a feminine role and be accepted and admired. No- I don't like makeup or fake anything, so I have to make the best of my body, which means I want everyone else to stretch a bit. Yes, I know many or even most are not going to. Yes, I think doing a comedy show might be my best venue. Yes- I generally find that rednecks don't object since I am clearly not a trap, and the frankness with which I dress is disarming. Those that secretly fantasize about wearing dresses show tiny signs of relief that it just might be possible.

In other words, Yes it is whatever- for each of us- and our site here is for all of us to be able to say what it is for us without requiring anyone else to conform.
    Last edited by phili; 01-16-2017 at 09:25 AM.
    We are all beautiful...!

Aspiring Member
    i once got called sir by a male cashier at the Sephora outlet in the Eaton's Centre in Toronto i was dressed and made up quite well i thought.
    i was so appalled i was speechless, although i am not totally passable i put up a good effort and will now bye my makeup elsewhere

Untitled
    As the OP has altered the opening post, this whole thread is now irrelevant, closed
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another