Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If you don't think you are passable

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Junior Member Jennifer Michelle's Avatar
    I split my time between going to School in North Chicago, but I am originally from Indiana

If you don't think you are passable

I was wondering and I have no real objective evidence of this to confirm how passable I am, but do you ladies think its a bad idea to go out if you don't consider yourself passable even when fully dressed and done up?

I guess that question is best answered by each individual being themselves. I really haven't seen too many CDs that are truelly passable. There's always something that's a tell tale. Sometimes I think maybe we are only passable in our own minds.

No. Expressing yourself in clothing and appearance is a right for all people, if your not doing anything illegal why hide yourself. If we(gender variant)are not seen than how can we expect to be accepted. Out of sight out of mind is not in our favor.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Quote Originally Posted by Allisa View Post
    If we(gender variant)are not seen than how can we expect to be accepted. Out of sight out of mind is not in our favor.
    Does this philosophy mean that it is better to not be passable so that others will notice?

Presentable is a better word than passable. If you want to be noticed you can do it as a GG would. Look good, look like you belong.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I think it is important to remember there are some GG's that are not passable according to the traditional view of what a GG looks like. I have met a few and they are otherwise completely passable - I am referring to behavior and attitude. I think passing as a GG involves more than looks. If you use a very narrow definition then anything that is not up to a Christi Brinkley standard is not passable. GG's come in all shapes and forms. There are some women who look more like men. So, I have to agree with Lorileah who introduced the term presentable in this thread. The passable goal is great if you can meet it, but not many of us have any hope of achieving it. If you use that standard you are likely to be unhappy no matter how you dress.

Since its nearly time for the Super Bowl, let's use this analogy: if you know you can't pass or think you can't pass, you can still pick up the ball and learn to run with it! It doesn't stop you from having fun.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Banned Read only
    Mikell, thanks so much for sharing Brooke's video with us. She is very pretty and very informative. To bottom line it, we have to just be completely happy with ourselves. I am so glad I now have approval to cross dress from my loving wife. Even having to hide my cross dressing for years, I was always happy with myself and my desire to dress up as a beautiful girl. I now am so happy and relieved that my wife finally is accepting of my cross dressing. I feel so free and relieved and don't ever have to worry about hearing that garage door open an hour or two or three before it's her usual time to arrive home from work. We are both very happy and accepting fully now of who we completely are as a loving couple and two loving individuals. I hope those who are in the closet are able to come out soon and be accepted by their wife or significant other. Thanks again for sharing Brooke's video. You can tell she is happy with who she is and so are all of her friends....Hugs to you for the video...Scarlett

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikell View Post
    Well that's easy for her to say

No. Expressing yourself in clothing and appearance is a right for all people, if your not doing anything illegal why hide yourself. If we(gender variant)are not seen than how can we expect to be accepted. Out of sight out of mind is not in our favor.

this is the reality we face, it comes with sacrifices both positive and negative, each of us has to find the balance we can live with....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

I have read that it is not a good idea to smile, look at, or acknowledge another crossdresser in public. So if you see one that is not passable only let others notice them, keep your head down and mind your own business.

Silver Member
    Billy, I think that's an interpretation of the statements that you've seen. What those statements were insinuating is that it is So Not cool to "make" "out" or "clock" a Sistah. You can always be polite and if appropriate, compliment. Just don't go out of your way to make it clear you know or think they are TG or CD. And don't assume they want to hear your story either.

I know it's tough, because your excited and want to share, but it's like your little sister wanting to tag along.

Oh and I like that Presentable! Have to remember that. Maybe tomorrow's word of the day.
    Last edited by Meghan4now; 01-13-2017 at 06:45 PM.

Aspiring Member
    "Passing" is a holy grail, or more accurately an asymptote - much as one may come close one won't reach the "passing mark". If you want to go out just do it anyway.

I still think it would be good to blend (for now, at least) - not by being pretty, but by being inconspicuous. It feels like camouflage to me though, what with the idea of cover and concealment. I leave it an open question as to whether a sniper would rather be mistaken for vegetation, however.

I am with Lorileah in using the term "presentable" rather than passable. I notice how "passable" also runs hand in hand with some preconceived notion of beauty. I don't think one has to be attractive to be passable or vice versa.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    ... So if you see one <CD> that is not passable ...
    So if you see a cross dresser that IS passable, how did you know?

I would not know. How would you? Are we talking about shoulder width, head size, finger length? Some here say there are none that are passable.
    Last edited by Nigella; 01-15-2017 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Irrelevant to the thread

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I can't pass and try to avoid going out to vanilla venues dressed. If u don't pass, u will be noticed and receive extra attention. Both good and bad!

T's ask if they passed after they've been out? I tell them if they aren't sure? They PASSED! Because when u don't pass? U sure as heck will know!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    So if you see a cross dresser that IS passable, how did you know?
    Because I was with them? U go out alone, Jenn, I don't.
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 01-13-2017 at 11:30 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Out of sight out of mind is not in our favor.
    Im not sure every outing has to be for "us". If I pass 100%, then why not do it for me? Not everything has to be a political statement, does it?

not bashing, just discussing!
    You are you. You are beautiful. Labels are worthless.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    The only CDs who I have seen here and these are pictures of course which can distort are those 40 or younger, but as said
    most of us do not pass 100 percent I just want to blend and for me I'm happy with that if someone really can't tell when I walk by all the better, but pass most likely not

I have little experience out fully dressed. My trip to the wig shop was interesting. I got one disgusted look and one WTF type look both from males! Inside the wig shop, a female customer kept looking at me but it was like a pause in time, no comment to me or others and no expression change. A male SA called me sir. On my way out I said excuse me in my best Lana Mae voice and got a generic excuse me reply. Looks without comment basically! Just my $.02! Hugs Lana Mae Ps:
    Last edited by Nigella; 01-15-2017 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Referenced topic has been removed from previous posts
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I don't think I pass but I do blend in, dress nice and my make up is natural. I've been told that I pass by many people and take it as a compliment.

I obviously don't pass, but, I go out dressed, however, I wear clothing that isn't obviously women's clothing when I am out and about and I have nail varnish on.

I know I can't "pass" but like Lorileah said, presentable is the way I want to be. I have only been to drag shows where I don't have to pass. I do want to be able to go out with my GG friend and not to turn too many heads. But as long as I am being ture to myself and doing what feels good to me. I really don't care if I am "passable"

Banned Read only
    No. I have written this a hundred times by now but it's a virtual impossibility that ANY cross dresser can pass as a genetic woman. We're just built so differently and we've learned throughout our lives to recognize the subtle differences between the sexes that passing is a fantasy.

I do not pass. I go out. Head up, shoulders back and meeting others eye to eye. I dress for the time, location and event and present as best I can. That is all anyone can do.

Passing and going out are two different issues. As for myself, I do go out because I want to, passing is irrelevant. I try to dress well, maybe a little bit nicer that I need to, considering where I am going.
    I guess I do okay in that people who know me, but see me for the first time don't always recognize me at first. That doesn't mean I pass but at least I look acceptable enough to create doubt at first.
    I will never tell anyone that they need to venture out, that is their own decision. But as for myself, I enjoy it and I do own up to it. I have found that most people are ok with it and I have had many conversations with the other people at the church that I attend as Nikki. Confidence and friendliness are the key ingredients in a successful outing.