Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: If you don't think you are passable

Presentable and plausible are both great words if one is both one will more than likely blend in. Blending is not hiding for me, it is attempting to just look like one of the other women out and about.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Whatever you think is making you not "passable" work on it. My first time out was a disaster. I wore a short sleeve t-shirt style top that I liked and have since learned did not flatter my body type at all. As I left the shoe store the SAs actually came to the window to look and laugh. I haven't felt that small in forever. I have since learned to dress for my body type, worked on my voice, and the way I walk and stand. And the biggest part was I lost about 30lbs of muscle. But it is a continual work in progress. I believe I am pretty good at being able to tell when I don't pass and lately I have been doing a lot better. Except for this one dress I have, everytime I wear it I seem to get read. Love the outfit though so I keep wearing it.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikell View Post
    im conflicted with this one, firstly how does a female not pass as female.
    on the other hand how do you know they were indeed female....
    I met a middle age person a few years ago that I assumed was a man. Relatively deep voice, rough around the edges from physical labor and too much sun exposure from working outside. It was not until several months later my S.O., who has know this person all her life, told me Pat was in fact a she. The deep voice came from smoking and she, while physically fit, just did not take care of herself very well.

It can happen

To answer the original post(if I can remember now what that was). I am very selective about where and when I go out dressed. I do not have a snowballs chance in you know where of passing myself off as female. At 6'2" with broad shoulders blending in dressed is difficult, I even stand out as a guy in many crowds when I am in full guy mode. I have seen photos of myself in a crowd and I seem to stand out as the large fellow towering above those around me. I guess I need to find out where NBA and NFL players hang out so I can look physically smaller

Quote Originally Posted by KimberlyJean View Post
    And the biggest part was I lost about 30lbs of muscle.
    Damn! Was that hard to give up? Every time I dress I look at the triceps of my 14.5 inch arms and say, "I have to stop working out my arms. I look like a female crossfit competitor with a male head transplant." But then when I go into man mode the mind changes. Man mode says, "Are you seriously willing to let your arms wither and die to 12 inches or less just for this?"

For me I'd go with presentable, for daytime outings I dress to blend, for evening I'll glam it up and vary my look.
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!

Where I come from, "presentable" means clean and tidy, hair done, dressed appropriately for the occasion - in short, fit to be seen by whoever may see you wherever your going! See also "fit to be let out (of the house)". For instance, I frequently ask my wife, "Am I presentable?", before heading out to work.
    So, for me, "presentable" doesn't suggest success in emulating a woman in the way that "plausible" does.

Aspiring Member
    I don't think I'm passable, but I have had some good days when it all seemed to go right - clothes, make-up, wig etc, and have walked past numerous people who didn't bat an eyelid.
    One thing I do know is that when I am fully dressed with make-up and wig, I am not recognisable as myself as a man. SO, if I go out and people spot that I am a man, (or have one of those "is she, isn't she?" moments), it doesn't matter that much because nobody will recognise me.
    I live in an area where there are a fair number of transgender people, so it's not unusual to see somebody dressed as a woman who might not be genetically a woman. So, I think for me, it's a lot easier because the general public are getting quite used to it.

Loving winter though, because I can wear thick tights, a big coat, hat. gloves and scarf, which cover a whole host of things that might normally give me away. Especially the gloves.

Rax, at my heaviest I weighed in at 265lbs. I had already lost some of that weight prior to my first outing. Right now I still weigh in between 210-220, so still not small. I want to get to 200lbs by the end of this year. The biggest thing that keeps me going out is the fact that I see women bigger than me all the time and long sleeve tops are a must.

Rax, at my heaviest I weighed in at 265lbs. I had already lost some of that weight prior to my first outing. Right now I still weigh in between 210-220, so still not small. I want to get to 200lbs by the end of this year. The biggest thing that keeps me going out is the fact that I see women bigger than me all the time and long sleeve tops are a must.
    Good for you, Kimberly. Hitting your goal looks like a sure thing, so keep up whatever you are doing. I just recently committed to a serious weight loss regimen and I know what a slog it was for you so, again, well done!

Hugs,

Kelly

....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Banned Read only
    Mikell, thanks so much for sharing Brooke's video with us. She is very pretty and very informative. To bottom line it, we have to just be completely happy with ourselves. I am so glad I now have approval to cross dress from my loving wife. Even having to hide my cross dressing for years, I was always happy with myself and my desire to dress up as a beautiful girl. I now am so happy and relieved that my wife finally is accepting of my cross dressing. I feel so free and relieved and don't ever have to worry about hearing that garage door open an hour or two or three before it's her usual time to arrive home from work. We are both very happy and accepting fully now of who we completely are as a loving couple and two loving individuals. I hope those who are in the closet are able to come out soon and be accepted by their wife or significant other. Thanks again for sharing Brooke's video. You can tell she is happy with who she is and so are all of her friends....Hugs to you for the video...Scarlett

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikell View Post
    Well that's easy for her to say

Banned Read only

The only thing that would give me away is my voice

The only thing, while out in public, that would give me away is my voice and when I do eventually go somewhere where I have to interact with another girl in the mall, the movie theater, or a restaurant, I have no plans on attempting to change my voice at all. I am proud of who I am just like I am.
    I am blessed to have been born with the body and the face that allows me to be seen as a man or a girl. I am 5' 10" tall and always weigh between 165 and 175. For some reason, I have the curves of a girl as you can see from the photos I post. Now I don't have breasts so I had to purchase those of which I have the foam ones with no nipples and the gel ones that look just like original gorgeous female breasts. I wear a 38 C bra size that has a perfect fit depending on the brand I like to buy.
    When I was a young boy and even a teenager, many of my guys I played sports with had parents who told me on numerous occasions I was too pretty to be a boy. I just always smiled and took that as a compliment. I didn't know that one day I would want to dress up from head to toe as a pretty girl and have a lot of fun doing it.
    In the near future, I will have more opportunities to go out to the above mentioned places and will eventually go and interact first with some girls who I think, based on where they work - like Sally's Beauty Supply or girl's clothing shops or departments in the mall - I'll have no reservations of using my natural voice and talking to them with no sense of not belonging or feeling out of place.
    Well, that's it for know and thanks for reading my post...Sincerely Scarlett
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice! Keep it up and maybe drop another 50 lbs! 200 is too conservative a goal for a whole year!

I'm definitely "presentable" and try to blend in the crowd as I find most people are not even looking at you. I think at nighttime I've fooled some people though (was called miss a couple of times on my last night out lol) but during daytime it's very obvious I'm not passable so I just try to dress well