Junior Member pantyhoselvr kendra's Avatar

I am the grl my mom always wanted

My mom has always supported me and my dressing

I am glad for you, Kendra! Not many have that support! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by pantyhoselvr kendra View Post
    My mom has always supported me and my dressing
    Do tell. No, I mean really. Please tell us how that came to be.

I've been contemplating telling my mom, but haven't come to a conclusion in if I should. How did you present it?

Do you have any siblings? If so all male I would guess.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

It happened when i was 8 or9 years old. I took some of my mothers lingerie and pantyhose and wore them to bed. She found them under my mattress and took them. She confronted me and said she was not mad but not to ever take hers again. She said she would buy me some things and asked what i wanted. I was so ashamed and told her i didnt want anything. A couple days later on my bed was a teddy a bra a pair of panties and several pairs of pantyhose all i different styles. With them a note read i love you and support you, dont tell dad and this will be our secret. I felt better about what had happened and asked for a pair of high heels like hers. As an adult nothing has changed but that is another story

WOW ! What an understanding and loving Mother, and she keeps your secret. I'm positive my Mother would have understood, but I had doubts about her keeping it between us, so never confessed to her.

As long as it's not Norman Bates "supportive" good for you!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    An 8 year old with a teddy?

Mom wanted a girl first but she got me.... She actually hand sewed a dress for me before I was born. She used to let me play in her hats her makeup and heels all the while my dad would be at work. He is the one that finally put a stop to it and took me to town to get my blonde curls cut off into a burr. Mom still let me sneak into her things to play but always made sure I was back in my little boy mode before dad got home.
    You are lucky I would think if your mom supported you to this day.
    Mine finally gave in to my dads wishes and that was when I started sneaking into her things when I was a teen.

Yes the same kinds of things i took from her, a little black teddy or chemise or what ever you call them

Junior Member Jennifer Michelle's Avatar
    I split my time between going to School in North Chicago, but I am originally from Indiana
    I just recently told my mother, but she said she already knew I was a crossdresser. I guess when her shoes went missing she eventual figured out that it was me. Though she said she would love me no matter what, and she even sent me back to school with some of her thongs she didn't want anymore.

Platinum Member
    Hi Kendra, your Mom, is one in a million......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    Exactly Tracii. More fantasy "recollections."

Don't know about the whole CD/girl my mother may have always wanted thing. Yes that is a favorite fantasy, but there may be some truth to it.

Our backgrounds TS and CD sometimes may be similar, but not always.

Cannot speak for all TS, but mine may or may not have been that. Having chatted with other TS, we do have somewhat similar.

My mother always related a story about when she was pregnant in 1950 with me. The doctor told her I would be a girl. My mother always wanted a daughter. I have 2 older brothers. Don't know how a doctor in 1950 would have been able to tell that.

But she had me, and had another brother later. Males are predominate in our family. In our whole family of some 10 cousins, only have one female cousin. She caught me CD a few times in my youth, was not happy but maybe a little disappointed, and I did have to visit a psychiatrist a few times. I could never find the strength to talk to her about it back then, because I did not understand it myself.

When I eventually had to tell her about my transition at age 24, after explaining what TS was all about. She was not totally surprised. She never said it, but I think she was happy about it. She would even sing to me that song "Georgy Girl".

I did find out after her death, from my adopted sister, that she always wondered why I was not more of a girly type. She was not big on women in pants of any kind. My sister said they did not bring it up, as we all have to be our own self.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I had an elephant with red on the bottom of his feet!

If my mom caught me with a teddy she would have beat my ass raw. My mother thought the perfect family was husband, wife, son and daughter. I was suppose to be a girl. I think she totally resented the fact I was not. Anyway, glad your mom was supportive of nurturing your inner feelings and desires.

Aspiring Member
    I've mentioned somewhere else that my mum admitted she wanted a daughter that she could dress up in party dresses (context: at a rack of party dresses). I don't think she remotely wants me to be her daughter, however, nor would she have dressed me in those party dresses.

If Kendra's claim is true, we'll need parents like hers; we'll need to be parents like hers. It's much too good to be true (given how she bought Kendra presumably adult lingerie at 9), but within our own agency, let's better ourselves.

Happy to hear a story of acceptance and support. Though the clothing list is remarkable, why question whether it is 100% accurate or true?

I didn't realize it until after my mother had passed away, but she not only knew but enabled me. There were always dresses in my closet that were my size. My mom said she was storing them there for my cousins. It was during a conversation with my wife about something my mom told her that all of the pieces fell together for me, I wish I would have known earlier, I was already close to my mom but being her daughter would have been a dream.

Kendra, jaylyn, Jennifer, your all lucky girls, thanks for sharing
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!

I wish I could have told my mom although I do feel that she knew and just never addressed it.

The first time I dressed for Halloween and showed my parents the pictures my mom looked first and said to my dad, "here, look what your daughter would have looked like had we had one".
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

It saddens me so, all these opportunities that were missed due to hiding, including my own obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Maybe it was a Steiff
    People try to put us down
    Just because we get around

That is great Kendra. My mom was not like that and my Dad always wanted a big boy. I tall but still skinny and he always called me girly. LOL so that me now.
    Part Time Girl

Quote Originally Posted by KimberlyJean View Post
    I didn't realize it until after my mother had passed away, but she not only knew but enabled me. There were always dresses in my closet that were my size. My mom said she was storing them there for my cousins. It was during a conversation with my wife about something my mom told her that all of the pieces fell together for me, I wish I would have known earlier, I was already close to my mom but being her daughter would have been a dream.
    Amazing how things come together sometimes.