Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sissy As It Applies to CDs

Atiflygirl explained the current sexual definition quite well. Julie, if you want to learn gay slang, there are lots of websites that define all of it. I believe a twink is a young, thin gay guy and I hope that doesn't offend anyone here.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I've always said if the shoe fits, wear it. Mostly it depends on what kind of "shoe" it is I guess. I'm just myself. Others' attempts to classify me are just that.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I only use the term during role play with my wife. Otherwise I think it's generally deragatory. my$.02
    Paula

No, sissy is not a synonym for crossdresser. Nobody should be called a sissy if they don't want to be. But there are some who identify as a sissy, and some who identify as a sissy sometimes. It's a good word when used properly.
    Currently in the news, there is an attempt, using legal tactics, to force a name change for Moby Dick's restaurant, because the name is offensive to some. If you don't like the name, don't go there, and instead familiarize yourself with the book. What? It's a book?
    The student body of a new school voted Cougar as their nickname and mascot. It was disallowed by the administration as "offensive to women".
    That's the trend. If I don't like a word, nobody's allowed to use it.
    C'mon, man!

Claiming words like that to be offensive usually exposes one's ignorance as to origin.

I don't particularly like the term but as others have said, it can and does apply to some who pursue that particular lifestyle. I mean... if you are "effeminate and or cowardly," no doubt that is derogatory. But some here have already successfully pointed out that if it applies to the super girly or frilly/lacy stile that a person tries to create for themselves, then that person may well be satisfied with the title.

Kind of off of the subject a little but years ago, I was seriously looking at a French maid's dress on Ebay but eventually passed because the seller described it as "perfect for the sissy type." Maybe that is the look I was going for but didn't like it framed in that context. I've been on the hunt for a double layered chiffon peignoir set but still shy away from any that are described as appealing to the sissy in you. I guess I feel that such a garment can be worn by a non-sissy type and that's where I'd like to "fit."

Lacy PJs

Im not really crazy about any labels the one that seem to bother me more than sissy was transvestite. It just seemed harsh to me
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Aspiring Member
    I hate the word. To me as a child it was always a term of abuse for a pathetic, weak and feeble or effeminate boy.

I'm not very keen on being referred to as "ladies" on this forum and "gurls" really gets my back up. I just ignore it though as I respect what other people think and if they want to use those terms that's IP to them.