Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMG! if I could wear those clothes

OMG! if I could wear those clothes

Hi ladies,
    I've just finished watching the Netflix serial, "the Crown". As I'm watching I've fallen in love with the fashions, the dresses the gowns. I had An OMG moment! aren't those clothes devine! I thought to myself i would love to be able to wear all the fabulous clothes.

My question is after watching a movie, TV series, live theatre, ETC.. Has inspired your OMG Iwould love to wear some of those dresses

Rosie
    Last edited by Rosemary+; 01-16-2017 at 04:47 AM.

Suits the TV series the dresses that Jessica and Donna wear OMG. I wish I could wear some of Donna's dresses particularly
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    The clothes on Mad Men are great both sexes.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    As a big fan of 50s Sci-Fi and Film Noir, I love the fashion the women wore in them , so elegant, classy and feminine.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

SJW and Proud of It! Christina D's Avatar
    This is the story of my life. Being genderfluid, I find that TV and movies can have a massive triggering effect on me. It's so frequent that I'm having a hard time thinking of specifics!

One of the most recent and intense examples was seeing "La La Land." Not only is everything Emma Stone's character wears breathtaking, but the way she moves and dances in them brought the pink fog swirling around me for days.

The character of Clara Oswald in the recent seasons of "Doctor Who" also had an amazing wardrobe that I modeled my first purchases after and still do to an extent.

Award shows in general are another obvious source of inspiration...or jealousy. ;-P
    "I'm just a girl, what's my destiny?/What I've succumbed to is making me numb/Oh I'm just a girl, my apologies/What I've become is so burdensome/Oh I'm just a girl, lucky me/Twiddle-dum there's no comparison" - "Just a Girl" by No Doubt

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Socrates

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DIANEF View Post
    As a big fan of 50s Sci-Fi and Film Noir, I love the fashion the women wore in them , so elegant, classy and feminine.
    Having a robot with a fashion designer function helps.

IMG_0888.JPG

I was a child of the 50s and 60s. My mother was a girl of the 30s and 40s and loved old movies. I loved them along with her.

She was a beautiful woman, my mother. Literally a coal miner's daughter from PA, I always knew her with an uncommon grace. Her clothes not only reminded me of the times but of the movies she loved. So inspiring.
    I have her mink coat. (Yes, she did well after leaving home as a girl at age 14); the one garment I inherited from her. I believe I shall dress up like a star; like Mom and take a photo tomorrow in the fur.
    I'd like to pattern my own style after her in many, many ways. Wish I had her hair.

My Mother at about age 23 or 24, circa 1955 or 1956.
    Momma Doris [young]- FC.jpg
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Rizzoli & Isles I watched it every week dreaming of getting to wear Isles wardrobe. (and looking like her too)

Christina D I also agree with you about La La Land I did wonder where she got the money to buy her cloths before she became famous lol

I've promised myself that on full transition / 24/7 day I'm going to start sewing a couple of the Scottish outfits Claire wore in Outlander. That's going to be a bucketload of money in fabric.

2 movies spring to mind for me. The first is Amadeus. Some of the dresses in that movie are beautiful and the chance to be an opera diva would be amazing! The other is The Adventures of Don Juan. Again, incredible wardrobes and I think the movie may have won an oscar for this. Ahh!

I love the way the women were dressed in the 40's movies and the way they would wear a different outfit in every scene .
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Rosemary-
    I get an OMG moment when I see the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders uniform,only because I would like to wear one,just to see how it feels?
    "Love&Kisses"
    Michelle

Thanks. Ladies,
    La La land I I haven't seen it yet but the trailers look interesting, that yellow dress Emma stone wears is very OMG!
    Last edited by Rosemary+; 01-16-2017 at 04:08 PM.

Banned Read only
    I am a fan favorite of Wheel of Fortune's Vanna White. Every show it is a different outfit whether it is a street length dress or a floor length evening gown. Oh, the puzzle solving is fun too!

I love HART OF DIXIE. So many cute outfits I wish I could wear!!
    Ladies & Gentlemen, HER. 💋🌸💗

I have been a fan of the singing group Celtic Woman for about ten years now. The girls in the group have changed over the years but they have always worn the most beautiful gowns while performing. I have found myself dreaming of being a member of Celtic Woman and getting to wear those beautiful gowns!
    Patti

The robot first appeared in "Forbidden Planet" and was one tough robot.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Reality Check
    I didn't watch the show and I don't watch that type of show, but I can tell you that actual women have the same thoughts; "I wish I could wear those clothes."

Their reality (and ours) is that if we want to look good, we have to wear clothes that accent our good features and minimize our "less than good" features.

One of the things I have learned (at great cost) is that a blouse, skirt or dress that looks good on the hanger in the store may not look good on me. This is something women learned in their early years. If you have a large bust and large hips, you won't look good in something designed for a slim woman. And vice versa.

Yes, the Mad Men series negligee scenes and the gown that Cinderella wore to the ball in the recent movie both made me feel like, "I wish I could get some of those!"

Lacy PJs

Like Stephanie47 I like Vanna Whites gowns. Also not on TV, but driving home from work every night, I usually get stuck in traffic in front of a bridal gown store. They are constantly changing the wedding dresses, brides maids dresses and prom dresses out in the windows that run all across the front of the store. I have to be careful to not stare and dream to much, holding up traffic when it starts to move, and drawing attention to myself staring at the dresses.

I always wanted the wardrobe that Jennifer Marlowe (Loni Anderson) had on WKRP in Cincinatti. That and Kelly Bundy

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Why, that thot never occurred to me, Rosemary!

Quote Originally Posted by immike View Post
    Rosemary-
    I get an OMG moment when I see the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders uniform,only because I would like to wear one,just to see how it feels?
    They always fascinated me, too, Mike. Until 2 years ago I only dreamed how I'd look!
    P1070043 (522x640).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Lacy PJs View Post
    Yes, the Mad Men series negligee scenes and the gown that Cinderella wore to the ball in the recent movie both made me feel like, "I wish I could get some of those!"
    Lacy PJs
    I can relate, Lacy. See avatar!

I actually have quite a collection of period and vintage outfits. To be shown here as soon as I finish my picto stories!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Big Fan of Grace Park as 'Kono Kalakaua' on Hawaii 5-0. Tight pants and slinky sexy tops!!

I recently saw the movie Hidden Figures (twice) and LOVED the dresses! (1961 era)
    Otherwise, I love the wardrobes of Zooey Deschanel in New Girl, and/or Bernadette in Big Bang Theory.

Thanks again ladies for taking the time to reply
    I'm also going to add I love the clothes that Mary Tyler Moore wore( my she rest in peace) in the dick van dyk show
    Rosie
    Last edited by Rosemary+; 01-28-2017 at 01:47 PM.