Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slippery Slope?

Slippery Slope?

It seems that most CDS started out with mom's slips and then moved on to sis's dresses, and ended up years later wearing corsets, dresses, bras, stockings, high-heeled shoes, makeup, wigs - the whole enchilada.
    I started out about 40 years ago wearing one of my first wife's nighties (it was her idea), and remain pretty much stuck there. Nightgowns, slips and panties are all I wear. So I have not slid down the slope, and it seems unlikely that I ever will.
    I wish I could find some others who just want to talk about the sensuous feel of wearing a silky nylon nightgown.

I don't think you are on a slippery slope. I have followed your posts and think you will remain as you wish. I ordered some nighties for both my wife and I but I ordered the wrong size for me. I love silky clothing and so much want a silky sleepwear. I will let you know when I get one.
    Last edited by Billy; 01-16-2017 at 10:47 AM.

Banned Read only
    I think your initial premise is mistaken. Slips are not the gateway to more.

Are you implying that once a person tries on women's clothing, they are doomed to become a crossdresser? Or are you just trying to externalize your own desire so you can blame it on the clothes? I guess I'm not sure what you're trying to ask/say in this post.

Never owned or wore a slip. I have one Pantaloon half slip.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Micki,
    Gownman had another thread and some members stated that he would go further and not be able to only dress with what he is accustomed.

I don't think I am trying to ask or say anything in particular, just reporting my situation and hoping to find others like me.
    Last edited by gownman; 01-15-2017 at 08:23 PM. Reason: fix typo

Junior Member Jennifer Michelle's Avatar
    I split my time between going to School in North Chicago, but I am originally from Indiana
    I would categorize you then as a fetish crossdresser. Nothing wrong with it for the longest time I would have considered myself a fetish dresser, however my item of choice was women's high heels for the longest. I just happen to progress to adding more items into the mix. Honestly just wearing heels can keep my urge at bay for the most part, but every now and again I want more out of the experience. Some people are perfectly content with just some items and others not it is all up to your preference lol. Nothing can inherently change who you are unless you let it. Enjoy your Slips, Nightgowns, and panties nothing wrong with at all.

Gownman, do your thing and enjoy! Dress as little or as much as you want! After all it is your dressing not someone else's. Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Just because you like slips and night gowns doesn't mean you will go on to other things.
    They are just items you prefer to wear and there is nothing wrong with that.

Silver Member
    Heck, there are some on the fringe who will argue that putting on a feminine article of clothing once can lead to full-blown transsexualism and GID. Take it all with a grain of salt. If all that appeals to you for 40 years are slips and nighties, that is all that will probably ever appeal to you... ok maybe you might try wearing stockings or such but not necessarily full-blown transvestism.

Aspiring Member
    I took the OP as a play on words, "slippery" containing "slip"?

If you've been content with that for 40 years, I'd say it's not much of a slope, and with plenty of traction.

That said, a full slip under a silky dress with all the trimmings is a sensual feast.

-I wear slips under my nighties sometimes. Very nice.

I absolutely love, love, love the fealing of smooth silky nighties, nightgowns etc!! When I sleep in boring ol' boxer briefs, I rarely ever get a good nights sleep. Always up n down.
    However! When I wear something cute n soft, I sleep like a baby! Everytime!
    Enjoy the skin your in, or choice of sleep wear!! Lol

I didn't have sisters. My mom had great fashion sense but she if 5' nothin so her clothes weren't going to fit.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Hi Gownman,
    I get it! Actually I'm not the only one- lots of us are saying we love slips and nighties and panties and the sensual thrill. I started out with my sis's cotton panties and was ecstatic when I discovered her nylon panties later. I rue the fact that it is really tough to find much in the way of two layer nylon babydolls any more in the stores, and I am taking a fashion sewing class now and intend to make my own lingerie!

You are among friends. You haven't had enough chances to say how much you love the feel, so keep saying it. At a certain point I suspect you will realize- hey- I just love the feel of these slips, and there a bunch of other guys who do too. Now what else can we talk about!

It is possible that the feeling of not getting enough convo on this means there is something to be discovered about it that you haven't yet. Perhaps it is symbolic to you of a certain potential path you could follow, but your circumstances and life choices are in conflict with that. After 40 years of marriage, there is an argument to let sleeping dogs lie. On the other hand, there is an argument to see what else you can know about yourself before it's all over. Not a straightforward path there.

But here's a suggestion- share some photos of your gowns etc in photos. or just describe in detail what you love about them. Let yourself talk- we'll listen. You might also want to ask for PMs from lingerie fetishists who really are focused on the look and feel and sensual, sexual fun. You can chat away in detail that way. The open boards tend to be a mix of interests and focused on all dimensions of the crossdressing experience.
    We are all beautiful...!

Gownman's observations about progression are true, it's how many of us started. However it's not so much as about cause and effect, that we tried on that first item and like crack cocaine we were all suddenly hooked, addicted. What happened was we found items that were readily available and we were curious about. For some the desire to go further, the early fascination in all things femme developed as we matured. Others focused on one particular aspect. Whichever, there was an inevitability about it. Had that one piece of mom's or sisters clothing gone unworn, sooner or later we would have started down the particular path we've taken.

As for a love of things silky. We all love that feeling if not a nightie then hose on shaved legs.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Platinum Member
    I believe it is possible for a man to enjoy wearing one or a limited number of women's fashions. I believe there has been some consensus if a man wears panties he is a cross dresser. I do not concur. Maybe it is just a fetish because he likes nylon panties and nothing more. Or he may love the feel of silky nylons.

When my wife and I were first married we sometimes incorporated nightgowns into bedroom play. I loved the feel of nylon nightgown. My wife had scores of them that she accumulated over the years shopping at Macy's on Herald Square, Gimbel's, Sak's Fifth Avenue, and many other mid town Manhattan stores and some uptown like Bloomingdale's. I had a black floor length gown, a pink knee length peignoir, a red knee length peignoir and a white floor length gown which was too big for my wife. There were benefits all around, if you get my drift.

There may be total sexual satisfaction wearing only a nightgown and panty to bed, and, it will not lead a man down the slippery slope. I did go down the slippery slope. But, that does not mean another man will. As to multiple layers of nylon I understand the erotic feeling. In many threads I have recommended slips that are made with two layers of nylon. One maker is still in business; Comfort Choice. Other makes and discontinued colors do come up for auction of eBay. If the slip fits, wear it! The gowns too.

Anyway, I totally understand your passion.

Some thoughtful, interesting and helpful responses. I have been married twice, and am currently separated from my second wife (permanently separated - will get divorced at some point). Both of my wives enjoyed occasional nightgown play with me - the splits involved whole other issues. My first experience was when my first wife asked me if I wanted to put on her nightie (she had picked up on how much I liked it). THAT was exciting - like a dream come true.
    I feel more and more like I belong here. Still, it would be cool if there were a forum just for us nightgown guys.

First there is no rules on what or how you dress, muchless to what extent. And next I too started with my 1st wife but I never wanted to limit it. But that's what I mean non rules.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Gownman, I think your basic premise is not nearly as common as you may think. Yes many of us started somewhere and since have gone further, but I have never worn a slip and have no desire to do so, nor did i start with my mothers clothes and move onto my sisters.

It can very well be a slippery slope but in my case it was from a CD to more than a CD.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I had complete freedom to dress in anything I liked whenever I liked the first 10+ years after I began dressing out of left field. Separated from wife and kids by then!

Believe me, I tried EVERYTHING fem to see if it blew my hair back. And, for short periods many of them did! A "slip and nitegown" stage was one of them. I still love the feel of silk and synthetics. However, a few nites of getting all tangled up in nitegowns cured me of those. And, slips? With all the other foundation gear available now, I can't figure out a use for the pile I have!

You'll be happy to know I eventually FOUND my dressing fetish, tho. It's the complete transformation. Seeing a fem and attractive female in my mirror!

No one item blows my hair back, tho, GM.
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 01-17-2017 at 12:34 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

My gateway items were high heels and lipstick. Definite serious fetishes for both. Pantyhose enhanced the wearing of high heels, and a short skirt enhanced the legs. Likewise, a wig and makeup looked much better than just lipstick on a boy's plain face. And eventually all the rest. I think it was, as Doc said, trying new things and DISCOVERING I really liked them. Even those items I don't have a "thing" for are important contributors to the total transformation. Pantyhose or stockings, for example. Some CDers have a fetish for them. I don't, but they are a must when I dress. I have no obsession with boobs and bras, but wear things to enhance my shape.
    There's a certain babydoll I saw online that I want, as part of a sexy outfit I'd like to put together for private wear, mainly in support of the other items that focus my attention.
    When it's time for sleep comfort, it's a t-shirt and boxers for me.
    I don't think there's a way to tell if one will go all out (down the slippery slope) or stay happily within a preferred "family" of women's clothing. Put another way, the whole store or just the lingerie department.

I dressed off-and-on growing up, then into wore silky nighties in my early days of marriage. Wife supported me. I slipped down the slope after a while, and have been full on dressing for years (though not out to anyone but my wife.) Curious thing is I no longer do the silk nightie thing. I prefer soft comfortable cotton.

The very first time i tried a dress on i started sliding and im still sliding many years later .It has been slow but steady .Oh and there are no stairs back up it seems
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo