Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's in a name?

I looked up Dana and the only meaning was wise. So, That a good name to have. But they also reported that there was baby's named that though the earlier years a few decades ago. So I guess there is a lot of Dana's running around. I met one at the club that she does the accounting.
    Part Time Girl

I was using 'Chica Suerte' which is Spanish for 'lucky girl'. Which made sense since I'm Hispanic and I'm lucky to have such an accepting wife and overall great life (doesn't escape me for a minute). Well, my wife thought 'Lux' was a great nickname for Lucky...as in 'lucks'. Whew, that was way too complicated. Anyway, I love that she calls me Lux now.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Looked mine up and it says "warlike".
    Thats the last thing I needed to hear.
    Tracii is one of the few names that can be either male or female (with a different spelling). "Tracey". I know a male Tracey and a Female Tracey. I used to have a friend named Dana. He got a lot of mail intended for women.

I don't really care what "Krisi" is supposed to mean. It's not going to change anything. Besides, it's not my real name anyway.

Silver Member
    Uh,

Pat, Jean, Shawn, Kris, Dana, Kim, Taylor, Dakota, Emanuel, Francis, ......

And don't call me "Shirley".

A lot of names going either way are different in other English cultures.

SJW and Proud of It! Christina D's Avatar
    I chose my name by feminizing my given middle name (Christopher), so I didn't consider any meaning beyond that. I was disappointed, however, when I looked it up and saw that all it means is "follower of Christ." Not that I have anything AGAINST Christianity (though I don't identify as Christian), I just was hoping that it meant some sort of personality trait like the rest of you, haha!

However, another source--one that deals with astrology, numerology, and Tarot--says that women named Christina have the following traits:

Cheerful and friendly (I hope that I am!)
    A good talker (Well, I am a teacher)
    Good at promoting herself (Which I definitely am not)
    Impatient and impulsive (Impatient, yes. Impulsive, no. I'm very analytical and slow at making decisions)
    Seldom worries about things (Wow, couldn't be less true! Lol!)
    Strong intuition and very perceptive (Eh, sometimes, but I have to consciously try)
    Very sensitive and thus may appear shy (the most true statement of the bunch!)
    "I'm just a girl, what's my destiny?/What I've succumbed to is making me numb/Oh I'm just a girl, my apologies/What I've become is so burdensome/Oh I'm just a girl, lucky me/Twiddle-dum there's no comparison" - "Just a Girl" by No Doubt

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Socrates