Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SO encouragement gone to far?

SO encouragement gone to far?

When my wife caught me several years ago wearing her underwear, we ended up having a very long conversation and understanding of what was going on. She was comfortable in me wearing women's clothes. She mentioned that she always fantasized about being with another women. We go out shopping together, although me always in man mode, but with hose or stockings underneath and my pumps in a backpack. Just in case we needed to try things on. Most of the time if I liked something on her she would tell me to try it on also. We would have dress up day one day a week were I could get up, shower, shave, get dressed and stay dress all day till bed time. I have not worn wigs or make up until a few months ago. Last month we bought breast forms. This is where maybe my wife is pushing me more in some way I am not sure I want to go. See, I believe I am a man that enjoys being dressed in women's clothes. I love wearing 4" pumps, boots with heels, stockings, panties. Wasn't fond of wearing a bra that much. A few months ago she said I should venture outside dressed to see how I feel being seen. I am comfortable in being viewed as a man in female clothing. I have no desire to try to pass as a female, plus I am not sure if that is possible no matter how much makeup or hair I have. So I now have a wig and we went makeup shopping and she has been teaching me how to apply makeup. I still have a hard time putting sharp pointed pencil like things next to my eyes. My wife is wanting me to be more and more feminine. I do enjoy how I look and feel the while wearing the the breast forms and the small foam hip and butt pads. Makes my dresses look more complete. But to me, wearing a wig and makeup is not necessary. I do feel more and more feminine the more I do, but I don't need to feel feminine. I like being a man. She wants to go out and have dinner one night with me dressed and I have promised to do so. I have been out in public wearing leggings and high heel boots, but a floppy hat to cover my bald head. I been shopping alone while in man mode, and even had to ask a SA to zip the back of a dress I was trying on. I had no wig or makeup when I asked her to zip. I did have stockings and my breast forms on though. My pumps in my trusty backpack so I also had those on as well. So I was no doubt a man (ok I did have breast forms) wearing and /or trying on women's clothes and felt accepted. The cute SA even asked me to come back next month when they get in a new inventory. Sorry...back to my concern. I want to please my wife. She has been very supportive of my CDing. So since I really have no problem being a man but to please my wife should I go out more and try to present myself as a female? I am sure everyone will have different opinions on this. I believe a mass majority here would be offended that I even try to be a man yet dress as a women. Sorry, was reading another thread and...well. Am I being to protective of my manhood and should I love my wife and become more feminine?
    I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I'm not at all offended that you want to be a 'man in a dress', I just wish I had a wife like yours!!
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Silver Member
    I think you should change your signature. It implies the exact opposite of your post. A lesbian IS a female, and being trapped is a statement of being held against your will and that you desire to not be a man.

This is the opposite of most threads here and I think you are going to get a lot of "Wow I'll trade with you" comments.

Bottom line, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. We tell people to move slow with accepting wives. Let them find their comfort zone. It works that way for you too. If she is pushing you too fast or beyond your limits, ask her to stop or slow down. No one has to be molded to conform to another's mode. Works both ways. Caution is, you may lose what you have, especially if you abruptly tell her to stop. This is why you need to negotiate.

Good luck
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Yes, didn't notice that, I'd change it too.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I can understand what you are saying. Sometimes I do not want to fully dress. Lazy cross dresser days, I call them.

Then at times I wish my wife was like yours. My wife is supportive, but has never wanted to go out with me dressed. Well, under dressed is OK.

You need to talk to her about your feelings and needs. You are a team and have to work together.

Hugs.
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

Have you TOLD her that she's pushing you farther and/or faster than you want to go? It's possible that she just assumes that this is what you want and are too timid/shy to talk about it. You would never push your wife into doing something she didn't want to right? She probably feels the same way. Just let her know that you need to slow down and catch your breath and that you need time to figure out where you're going with all this.

Quote Originally Posted by Martha B View Post
    She has been very supportive of my CDing.
    I almost want to say congratulations but I can see your concern. CD vs TS is a big difference. (or as the old joke goes. What's the difference between a CDer and a TS -- About 2 years.) But no one wants to be yanked down that path by someone else.

Have you asked her where does she see this going? Does she think a couple of years down the line you might be living as 2 women together?
    Last edited by oh to be rachel; 01-18-2017 at 02:56 PM. Reason: typo

in RE: above post. Tread carefully. Do not make this a sex thread
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Read only
    Martha,
    I can understand you reluctance to push too much if you're not sure where you are with your CDing, some of the finishing touches take some getting use to. I know when the wig goes on the guy disappears that is the best bit to me but if you still prefer to be a guy then it you may never take to it .

So I find that some of these things, or similar thing are things that I have done with my SO. She may be just suggesting things because she thinks you want to- but do not want to ask. It could also be that SHE has preferences to your CD'ing. So my SO was using water balloons in the beginning, which SERIOUSLY bothered me. LOL. I don't know why. He had never considered getting forms. So I did kind of initiate him getting them......and I initiated him going out, because I thought he would like it (which he did) but I didn't KNOW that. I just thought he might. I have made other suggestions so that he did not have to "ask" like...I don't care if you dress when I am not home..or asking an a question like "do you want to ______?" because I wondered if it was something he wanted to do but would be afraid he was pushing me too much.
    Just open up a dialog and find out the motivation behind her requests. Communication is key! If either of you is feeling uncomfortable, you should have a conversation about it.

Be careful my ex who led me on my road to discovery started like that and I'm the end wanted me to be Jen 24/7. She is now happily married to my other friend (female)
    At this point it could just be curiosity or a thrill. Pm me if you want to know the dirty details, but it became very apparent that she became more interested in Jen then male me.
    Our relation started out like that and she initiated 99 percent of it after I "tested the waters" with her. This all started in the just friends with and interest for each other phase, your dynamic is different because she married a guy. Like I said it could be curiosity and without being able to discuss the private aspects I

Talk to her. A marriage is based on open communication and mutual respect and understanding.

Hmmm...interesting twist here on the ancient curse "Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it!" Looks as if you've inadvertently opened up a Pandora's Box with consequences that you (and most of us here - had it happened to us) could never have anticipated, even remotely.

While your wife's über-enthusiasm in coaxing your inner girl to the surface in the ways you have described might make you personally uncomfortable, I would venture to guess that the majority of the Forum members here would see this "dilemma" as a variant on the theme of "First World Problems", and file it away as such.

Then again, this story has all the hallmarks of something that one would find in "Fictionmania" under a heading along the lines of "Crossdresser Sissy Training" or the like, so color me "skeptical".

Silver Member
    Well Lesilie,

I bit my tounge and didn't say that...."Dear Penthouse, I never believed it could happen to me....."

It could be true though, ya never know.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Martha B View Post
    .......... Am I being to protective of my manhood and should I love my wife and become more feminine?
    You should love your wife, of course but you don't have to "become more feminine" to be a crossdresser. You should learn to switch it on and off as necessary. I am a man but I'm also a serious crossdresser with all the goodies. I can pretend to be a female and act like one but I'm still a man.

Like most of the others have said, I envy you and your wife's attitude towards dressing. My wife tolerates it and shops with me but it seems the line has been drawn at going out in public as girlfriends or sisters.

I have gone through a similar situation with my girlfriend. I was happy being a man in woman's clothing bit she encouraged me to go farther. It was with hesitation I did and in the end I am happy I did. I don't feel as though I am any less of a man because I have, and it is a lot of fun.
    My advice to you is have fun with it as long as you are comfortable and don't feel like you are less of a man. No one is coming for your man card if they were you would have to give it up when you put on a dress.

Just talk to her about it. Tell her how you're feeling about it and where your thoughts are, then ask her about her motivations.

I encouraged my boyfriend to go more femme and offered to go out on a date with him where we're both dressed/dolled up. He seemed excited to potentially do that, but he's not mentioned it since.

For me, it's not about wanting him to be more femme. I very much like his masculinity as well. (He was in a suit for NYE and looking so handsome, and that was great!) But I want him to know that I support him if he wants to take another step.

Her motivations may be different, but you won't know if you don't talk to her about it! And it sounds like it won't be too difficult of a conversation, especially compared to the conversations some others here have had with their SOs!

Just tread slowly. I'm in the same boat now also. My wife just suggested breast forms the other day. She wants to help pick them out, which I don't mind.
    It is, surprisingly, overwhelming when your wife/SO totally processes the situation and then is helping to push you along.

I think many here would wish that their wives were like yours.
    There many men that love just wearing women clothing without wanting to change to a woman. And there were others that want to change into a woman. If I was you, I Would talk to her and explain you feelings. I am sure she doesn't want you to do anything that you are not comfortable with.

Well, you have to do what is comfortable to you. Yes, we are all wishing we would be so lucky, but that is us not you. Just be open with her if you need to slow down. But you are lucky.

As most have said, talk to her. Express your feelings on the matter and ask what her feelings and motivation is. You are partners in life and both should be happy and comfortable! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Banned Read only
    Since your wife says she has always fantasized being with a woman I see this push as part of her fantasy with a safe partner. Yes, there are many many many cross dressers on this site who would love to have a wife make this request on occasion. As to going out en femme and emulating a woman, if you are not fully on board with her request perhaps wait until Halloween. A pleasant dinner date and a movie on Halloween is a great compromise.

Silver Member
    A marriage is supposed to be a partnership, with both parties having input as to what gets done, or not done. I like to say I am the principal shareholder in my life, with my wife being the holder of most of the remaining shares. The opposite is obviously true for your wife. Through honest, open, loving conversation, you two must find your own specific balance point in how much crossdresssing gets done. She must be made aware of where your comfort zone is an have respect for it just as you must articulate to her your true feelings. No beating around the bush, and no judging, should be permitted.

You are in a most unique position. Your wife wants you to do MORE dressing? Bless her little heart. Most of this forum would give anything to be have a SO like that, and they would obey her to the letter (I sure would!). It makes me curious about what her motivation is. (I think her attitude is fantastic, but it is uncommon. I'd want to figure what makes her tick, then bottle and sell it).

However you decide to answer this dilemma, I wish you all the luck and happiness in the world. I'm rooting for you both.

I wonder if your wife has been reading CD forums where, you must admit, it is easy to get the impression that the majority do want to wear makeup, have feminine hair, etc, and they do want to pass as women in public. Or, maybe your wife has been getting the impression from somewhere else that you want to do all these things, and she is doing what she thinks will make you happy.

Have you told her straight out everything you've told us and that you want to be a man?

My SO and I had a similar experience in our very early days of dating. I thought that as a CDer he wanted to dress all the time and since I was ultra supportive (head over heels in brand new love), I kept suggesting that he should go upstairs and get changed, or we should go to this or that place dressed. I'm glad that my SO didn't think that I preferred him to be dressed and I'm glad he didn't go along with doing things I suggested, when he didn't feel like it. He instead told me to please leave it up to him as to when he should dress and how far it should go, and not to push him. I was surprised he said this, because I didn't think I was pushing him. I just thought I was being nice to him because this was what he wanted to do.

It didn't matter to me whether he was dressed or not, I just wanted him to be happy.

... and as it turned out, over time he did want to dress more and more. I perceived that the CDing eventually became his priority over me, and our relationship took a back seat for awhile. All is well now. It's been years and everything is back in balance again.
    Reine