Women who prefers Females = Lesbians
    Men/Female who prefer Male and Female = bisexual

What do you call,

CD who prefers only other CDs

Banned Read only
    GAY

...If both are men.

Clothing doesn't change anatomy.

As ever, Jenifer's hit the nail on the head.

Follow the posts and most here are heterosexual but as in line with the general population some are gay.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I would say the mix between gay and straight on this site is about what its like out in the general population.

I would like to reply to jeenifer on this as a matter of passing , a friend was seeing his/her therapist and the subject of c/d came up and the friend felt that it was being gay to feel this way towards men when dressed ,to which the therapist replied no not if you truly feel like a women inside just a thought
    hugs phylis

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

hmmmm cross sexual ??

Just to add,

What do you call a NB who prefers only other NB ??

Since they may only identify as Not Binary ( Neither Male nor Female ) or is it ( Both Male and Female ).

Why do we even need to define any of this.

And to paraphrase, "Can't we all just get along".

Non-sequitur. Gender identity is not synonymous with sexuality. You might as well be asking "What do you call a New Yorker who's attracted to other New Yorkers?"

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by phylis anne View Post
    ... ,to which the therapist replied no not if you truly feel like a women inside just a thought.
    The question was cross dresser to cross dresser, not trans to cross
    dresser. I stand by my comment.

I stand with Jennifer on this one! Gay! IMHO Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Does it really matter? This 'label' thing has been done to death, and some.....
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

if you are you and true to yourself what does it matter what others think just let them be them if they are a good person that's all that matters to me we can still be friends
    hugs
    Ronda

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by biannne View Post
    What do you call,

"Vestisexual"???

But what if I am only attracted to people who don't cross dress regardless of anatomy or perceived gender ? what am I called then ? :P

sorry , just in one of my weird moods again , but yea like Jennifer said

There's no word for it at present. As a word nerd, I think it's important to note that terms like gay, lesbian and even bisexual have a cisgender bias encoded into them. They don't really apply to transgender people. A transgender person who is MtF and has an attraction to women is not a lesbian. There are a lot of sexualites that don't yet have simple names just because culturally we've been avoiding admitting that transgender people exist.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennie-cd View Post
    A transgender person who is MtF and has an attraction to women is not a lesbian.
    Not sure if you are talking about TG/CD or/and TG/TS (pre or post). I know quite a few that use Trans Lesbian. My lesbian friends call me a Lesbian, or just plain Georgette.

I would say they are just sexual. Why label it?
    "Oh my God, I realized, it's not that we're screwed up; it's just that we've been trained to thnk so."
    ~Rick Novic, Alice in Genderland

Androphile/bi/gynophile is much more explicit and less confusing. It also separates sexuality from sexual identity.

I prefer a taxonomy of three components blank/cross/trans, man/non-binary/fluid/woman, androphile/bi/gynophile. The first and last components should usually not need to be mentioned. The middle term will change based on presentation for cross-dressers, but no one should be offended by people who don't know you defaulting to a term that is a reasonable conclusion based on your overall presentation.

Obviously there are continuums here, but remember, red/orange/yellow are still useful despite the continuum them represent. Additional divisions can be added to each of the three terms, but don't go too crazy or the utility of the words to achieve communication will be lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgette_USA View Post
    Not sure if you are talking about TG/CD or/and TG/TS (pre or post).
    On this side of the house, I'm talking to TG/CDs. I understand the exception for TS.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Quote Originally Posted by phylis anne View Post
    I would like to reply to jeenifer on this as a matter of passing , a friend was seeing his/her therapist and the subject of c/d came up and the friend felt that it was being gay to feel this way towards men when dressed ,to which the therapist replied no not if you truly feel like a women inside just a thought
    hugs phylis

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

hmmmm cross sexual ??
    Yes, Phyllis, that is exactly what the Counselor said. She is awesome, and totally correct.

There are so many labels around now it's confusing and often infuriating. It's really sad that so many people take offence at NOT being referred to in a very specific and particular way. However I do understand frustration at being labelled something you're not. For simplicity's sake I identify as bisexual, but according to some theories I could be classed as pansexual, which basically means I'm attracted to a human I'm attracted to irrespective of their sex, sexuality, how they identify, etc etc etc. It's probably true enough, but it's usually not worth the explanation and then the debate afterwards.

Lingo? First things first. Is "prefers" the new lingo for "wants to have sex with"?
    I like to look at images of other CDers, especially those who are into the same things as I am (high heels, heavy makeup. etc.). There seems to be more CDers that dress "my way" than females, so in this regard, yes, I prefer CDers. But I don't want to have sex with them, so in this regard I don't prefer CDers. A female who dresses to my preferences would definitely get my attention.

Why is the "lingo" important?
    If it's simply a shorthand to bring together those with similar interests then I guess that's OK. But labels are more often used for self-justification or to divide than to unite, e.g. "I'm not xxx" or "You're yyy"
    Beware labels?

Quote Originally Posted by Evie82 View Post
    For simplicity's sake I identify as bisexual, but according to some theories ..., but it's usually not worth the explanation and then the debate afterwards.
    Evie, I do get your point. The Monty Python-esque solution to this would, of course, be for each of us to carry with us at all times a four page analysis of our perception of our own sexuality, which we present for review to anyone with whom we think we might get 'involved'!

As for the 'label' to be applied to / used by a CDer who is attracted to other CDers... I think that 'gay' is a simplistic, and therefore potentially incorrect, answer. The science of attraction is about more than anatomical 'plumbing'. Is the CDer who is attracted to other CDers attracted by the feminity that they perceive or by the 'guy under the dress'? What about the CDer who is attracted to other CDers but most definitely not to non-CDing men? That hardly fits the 'gay stereotype'!
    Last edited by Judith96a; 01-17-2017 at 05:01 PM.

What do you call,

I propose they be called double crossers.

What do you call,

A CD player!

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    GAY alternative lifestyle. ...why the labels we are people