Thread: I have come to some conclusions.

I have come to some conclusions.

Hello all,

I wanted to provide an update on my journey. I have been on a full compliment of hormones and blockers for the last 7 months or so. I have come to some conclusions and have made a few observations:

1. I have never felt better mentally in my life. No wild mood swings, rage, etc, so I take this as confirmation that I am "wired" for this. I feel very balanced now. My amazing wife thinks I am much more pleasant to be around.

2. Body hair growth has slowed a lot.

3. Some minor facial change.

4. Ever so slight muscle-mass loss

5. Nipples and areolas have enlarged. I wore my new underbust corset on Friday and was shocked by what I saw in the mirror as I was putting on my makeup to go out. I had a very feminine chest

6. Weight loss has become more difficult and my thighs and bottom have gotten bigger. My girl jeans are certainly fitting better as time goes on.

7. I am have become much more interested and concerned with our co-female wardrobe closet versus my other closet. I have also got our master bath organized well and makeup drawers fixed to a tee.

Something is changing, but I can't put my finger on it))

Talk to you again soon!

Mrs. Mandy
    Last edited by Miss Mandy; 01-17-2017 at 08:27 AM.

You are changing of course and it appears to be going very favorably with you , I too experienced what you have on hormones (method that cannot be discussed here ) ,as to weight gain or loss I believe as my dr put it when the body is infused as it were with increased estrogen it thinks it is pregnant and therefore storing all it can for the impending arrival ,which I agree with a g/g but I think with us it is merely a weight gain ,my nipples have always been large ,my moms and friends would comment how big they were for a boy , when my breasts started to come in at first they pointed straight ahead now they angle off and the areolas have also change being larger on top so all in all I am happy with my changes my wardrobe as I am tom boy/girl type is pretty simple
    hugs phylis

I have had about the same results but not after only 5 months ! Sounds like you are doing very well Mandy ! You look very pretty in your picture also

I am also about five months in and I have also noticed a lot of those things with one exception.

I haven't noticed any nipple growth yet. I have noticed my areolas have enlarged some and I'm at a 45" bust. I'm also the Tom boy/girl type and now I don't really need much, if any, padding any more.
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.

Well...

I got back my first extensive blood tests...I am healthy and am now hormonally a women! E level was 175.5 pg/ml, T level 29 ng/dl.

Hugs,

Mandy
    Last edited by Miss Mandy; 01-31-2017 at 10:02 PM.

Congrats, Mandy. The validation is overwhelming and wonderful. To have the love of your life on board for the voyage? Well.... the word Blessed comes to mind. Where you're at seems like a truly best case scenario. I hope all good things to come your way. I hope your wife can always love the real you. Mostly, I just want to say I'm elated fpor a sister caught up in bliss.

Aspiring Member
    OMG, 29? Makes the hair grow on the top of my aging head just imagining that. A consultation with a very reputable gender therapist has gotten me to the HRT letter stage, so I'm about to call a local T-friendly endo this week. Congratulations, and you look glorious.

Big warm hugs Mandy. It's good to here things are progressing well for you.

I can hardly wait for my next visit in March to see where my levels will be at.

On my last visit my E was at 91.5 pg/mL and T was at 0.9 ng/mL. Which isn't bad considering that my E baseline was at 36.8 pg/mL and my T baseline was 2.9 ng/mL.
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.

Sounds like a wonderful start. The major changes come gradually over years of taking hormones and even more after (if that is ones desire) going through gender confirmation surgery. I'm two years post-op and noticed a lot of changes that are many emotional one that seem to happen over night yet know they came incrementally.
    “When it comes to life, we spin our own yarn, and where we end up is really, in fact, where we always intended to be.” ― Julia Glass

A quick update on my journey

1. Going out in public is becoming second nature. I fully dress at least 3-4 times a week and have started to even accompany my wife in stores.

2. Have started to skip the gay bars to go to conventional clubs and restaurants...however, I am more interested in spending time with my wife than going out solo now.

3. Feels strange to put my male clothes on now. Dressing as Mandy is completely natural and normal feeling.

4. My wife enjoys how I have become in my personality and emotions.

5. Physical changes continue at a slow pace. Thighs, bottom, and breasts have gotten larger...starting to worry that it may become more difficult to hide the changes.

Overall, everything is going splendidly! I certainly feel that a burden has been lifted and I feel "right" for the first time ever.

Always,

Mandy

Aspiring Member natalie edwards's Avatar
    Hi Mandy
    So good to hear how happy you are! I so miss your weekly photo updates. Now that it's more than "Mandy Monday" can we expect more pictures of your beautiful self?! I hope so!

Yes, Mandy-- #5 is exactly where I was when my therapist said it was time to make the decision. I was growing to the point that it was getting difficult to conceal the growing girls. LoL Full time is so much better. It just took getting over the fear/job issues.
    Hang in there: You can do this!
    Marie

Platinum Member
    It's heartening to hear that your wife is favorable to the changes your both experiencing. And of course it must rewarding to feel the physical and emotional change being realized.