Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help Becky find a middle name

Banned Read only
    Well Becky, I vote for "Sue." That was the very first name to spring to my own mind, instantly and quite unbidden, long before I saw that other like-minded posters had also proposed it.

Mind you, I like Ann(e) as well, just as several other posters do here. I can't call this "original," but I guess I like "classic" names. They combine dignity with femininity. In addition, with a two- or three-syllable first name, I felt it was best to pick a simple, shorter sounding middle name. "Becky Ann(e)" sounds fine, but the only problem is when we follow "Rebecca" with a name beginning with a vowel. Then we end up with a glottal stop in between, a sort of verbal "hiccup." That's unless speakers interpose a consonant in between that isn't really there, the way many people talk about "vanillaRice cream," for instance. "Rebecca Sue" on the other hand "flows" just as gracefully and euphoniously as "Becky Sue" does.

Besides, it was inevitable that "Sue" would come to mind, because it sounds so completely natural:

"If you knew
    Becky Sue
    Then you'd know why I feel blue
    Without Becky
    My Becky Sue..."

Didn't somebody sing something just like that once? Long ago it was, "before the music died..."

All the best, whatever you choose!

Aspiring Member
    I pick Lynn

Lynn is Sexy
    Lynn is Sweet
    Live Today as if it is your last day

Acastina, I am with you and am a big fan of Sierra Nevada's Pale Ale. I have never been able to determine what is so charming about it; to me, it is kind of mystical. However, being a Coloradan, I have to make a pitch for New Belgium's Fat Tire. I can't decide which is better with respect to my taste buds. That said, I drink very little beer or ale. I am a wine person - Cabernet, Pinot Noir, Pinot Blanc (anything Pinot), and Dry Rieslings. No intention of changing the subject.

Bec, my friend, I am still going for Anne. But there have been a few other really good suggestions. We are all eagerly awaiting your decision, perhaps announced with great fanfare.

Aspiring Member
    Hi Gretchen-It really is a fascinating story, how the Pale Ale came to be, and how it has become legendary. Ken Grossman had a passion for whole hops, not the pelletized stock that most brewers use, and a complete obsession for consistency through strict controls of water purity, times and temperatures for the brewing process, and cleanliness of the equipment. It was not an instant hit, as the prevailing palate in the 1980s favored less-bitter beers. But, boy, did it gather a cult following once people acquired a taste preference for it. It amounts to about 75 percent of the company's output even today, when they brew dozens of different varieties, some of them seasonal and some even one-off batches with limited distribution.

Becky and I have PM'd that she was here in my home town twice on business and dined at the wonderful brewpub restaurant at the brewery. Pity that her work won't likely bring her here again. I'd love to show her the town properly. She did stay at a cool boutique hotel, and she found our landmark downtown Mexican restaurant. Girl knows how to find the right places.

Should we ask if we can have this renamed "The Beer Thread?" It seems to have separated from the whole finding-a-name thought that started it.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Hell-o Becky,
    Jennie how about giving her a few beer type names to choose from?
    Like Amber, or Shandy? Are there others?

Has anyone suggested Crystal?
    Then again... Danger still appears to be on the table!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

I'm getting the feeling that Bec has already made up her mind w/ Alyce as her middle name... but we'll see if she asks again for more suggestions
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Aspiring Member
    Becky Stout Blue? Nah.

Becky Ipa Blue? Worse.

Becky Porter Blue? Workin' on the railroad?

Becky Ale Blue? What ales you?

Becky Pilsner Blue? Family name?

Becky Bud Blue? No, no, no!

Ann or Marie.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkiwindsor View Post
    I'm getting the feeling that Bec has already made up her mind w/ Alyce as her middle name... but we'll see if she asks again for more suggestions
    Nikki is partly right...Alyce is the club house leader, but I am enjoying this thread too much to settle just yet. I know that Anne is the popular choice by quite a way, but I know two Anne's and don't particularly like either...
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Ok decision time. Some of your suggestions were great but could not be considered for various reasons.

I found this thread very entertaining and loved the Beer sidetrack. But there comes a time when all good things must come to and end and being a decisive person I must make my decision. It will not be surprising that I have selected Alyce as my middle name.

Thanks for all the great suggestions ladies...
    Love
    Becky Alyce Blue
    aka Rebecca Alyce Blue
    Last edited by Becky Blue; 01-30-2017 at 12:34 AM.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Awesome, Becky Alyce Blue. Good choice.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Hi Bec,

Great choice. Very elegant and very feminine.

Gretchen

How about "Azure"?
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Becky Blue View Post
    Ok decision time......... I have selected Alyce as my middle name.

Thanks for all the great suggestions ladies...
    Love
    Becky Alyce Blue
    aka Rebecca Alyce Blue
    I'll drink to that!

Get some Ying Ling. or Ol' Froth n sloch The beer were the foam stays on the bottom. (research it.)
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Becky, go for the initials..... B.A.B

Or I may suggest ..... B.B.B

Belinda, Barbara, Beverley,BERYL.... AND SO IT GOES ON.

Put the "B" names in a hat and pick one out if you are desperate. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by KimberlyJean View Post
    I like Rebecca Rey Blue. Too Star Wars?
    I had almost the same idea, except spell it as Rae instead, so to be less Star Wars. I actually really like Rae myself, and am thinking of chaning mine to that.

Oh oh oh, that also makes the initials BRB - be right back
    Last edited by Swottie; 02-02-2017 at 07:41 PM.
    Swottie

I do like the initials BRB I must admit, but BAB has a certain ring to it... Becky Rae/Rey sounds to Southern USA to me, NOT that I have anything against southern USA peoples but I'm an Aussie gal.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Rayn.....pronounced rain.....