Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help Becky find a middle name

Hi Becky,
    I like Rebecca Mae Blue

Platinum Member
    Hi Becky Blue, ~~~~~~~~~~Becky Jo Blue~~~~~~......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Wow thanks for all the ideas girls... some of the suggestions are great but for various reasons I can't use. I will spend some time considering a few that are pretty good. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to suggest some great names, I did LOL at quite a few..
    Lorileah - Iam - is that like a feminized version of Ian
    Jennifer - Its G'daymate all merged into one word
    Kristyn - Danger
    Meghan - Yes our head of state is the Queen, but we are considering a revolution even as we speak
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Hiyah Bec,

I suggest Bongani, Thabo, or Charlize...if u prefer additional suggestions I've quite a number of other names to offer...Nikki
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

How about Forster, being from Australia and all. Becky Forster Blue, kind of rolls off the tongue.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Allisa, we don't drink Fosters here - NOT cool, its for all you 'foreigners'
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Becky is too picky! So says Nikki (note the rhyme)
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Aspiring Member
    I'll side with the Ann(e) group. I guess my folks were only slightly better-off than yours. My brothers got middle names (mother's maiden surname and her father's name, respectively) but, by the time they had me, they could only afford an initial, M. I think my dad must have had a raise in my first year, though, because my sister (13 months younger) got a full middle name as well.

And silly me. When I decided on my female name, I filled out the middle with "Marie", so there.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Becky Blue View Post
    Allisa, we don't drink Fosters here - NOT cool, its for all you 'foreigners'
    Yeah, well start exporting a better beer and we'll drink it!

Wait, what DO you drink? I gotta know!

I like Rebecca Rey Blue. Too Star Wars?

Rebecca Annie Blue. I thought about Anna, but then you have RebeccA AnnA. not so good.

I'll bite.
    When a first name ends in a vowel, I like a middle name that also starts with another one, because the blend together in a syllable, what we Latinos call a 'diptongo'. So:
    Abia (pronounced AbĂ*a) which means 'God is my Father'
    Aisha which means 'one who is alive'
    Alaina which means 'precious'
    Aliza which means 'filled with joy'
    Elaine which means 'torch of light'

Another vote for Ann or Anne (but not Anna).

This thread has really made me laugh...Acastina... you really had a middle name of M... wow... times were tough back in the day!!

Maghan.. well we certainly do not drink American beer, over here they say thats like making love in a boat..... I am not really a beer gal, more of a red wine lover, but a Carlton Draught on a scorching hot day can hit the spot or dare I say a Corona

And Nikki is a poet, didn't I know it?

Seems to be a lot of votes for Anne I am actually warming to Alyce (Pronounced Alice) but still considering all of the suggestions here, well technically not all... as I can't see myself called Rey lol
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Silver Member
    Becky,

I get that yall might not like Budwieser, but Corona in preference? Shame that you don't get the good American beer, but maybe we're not exporting it.

I know we've been pawning off Bud in the UK for years. In fact back in 2000 it was the most popular beer in Britain. Mostly cause it came in long necks which are great for smashing over an opponents head. Even been in a pub in Newcastle?

Anyway, nowadays, American beer holds its own against any in the world, as does American wine and Burbon. Just got to go to the higher end store. And that Budwieser class of beer, that section in the grocery store shrinks each year.

And Becky Anne is really growing on me. Just so balanced.
    Last edited by Meghan4now; 01-17-2017 at 10:26 PM.

Aspiring Member
    Meghan, please. We talkin' regular American beer here? You know:

How do you make American beer? Take beer and add water.

How do you make light beer? Take American beer and add water.

Sent from the vicinity of the world headquarters of Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. Pale Ale forever!

Hey Acastina, I have had lunch there and tasted their fine Pale Ale too... have to agree with the water comment, making love in a boat as I said above.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I see Marie as a very nice fit

the inflections there are so different im not sure if it will translate well

Good luck and remember its your choice not ours!
    Last edited by KitCat; 01-18-2017 at 07:14 AM.

Aspiring Member
    I'm siding with Lyn(n)(e). Flows really well.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Lynn, Sky or Anne are all good.
    How 'bout Thumper or Weckie?
    And, I know that the entertainer Penn Jillette named his daughter Moxie Crimefighter Jillette.

I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by Acastina View Post
    How do you make American beer? Take beer and add water.

How do you make light beer? Take American beer and add water.
    Never mind Fosters or any of that American stuff, Guinness is the real deal. Nowt like it to put hairs on your chest! Oops, wrong section

And to return to the subject... "Becky Ann Blue" does trip off the tongue. With "Rebecca Ann Blue" you have to slow down a little, maybe that's no bad thing.

Silver Member
    Becky,

Please forgive me for veering off subject, but the beer discussion is awfully good, and you seem to be a good sport. Lots of good American beer. Maybe not good 'Meruhcin beer. There's a difference. I brew, and I tell people that Budwieser is a really hard beer to make. It is really difficult to make a beer with practically no taste, any off flavor will be detected!

Anyway, any decision yet? Anne seems to be popular. And I like Alyce, that seems really Aussie. Maybe Matilda. Do you dance?
    Last edited by Meghan4now; 01-18-2017 at 12:31 PM.

Aspiring Member
    "Budwieser is a really hard beer to make. It is really difficult to make a beer with practically no taste"

Yet the corporate monolith seems to have mastered the craft of making something from fermented barley and hops that tickles the palate like, oh, tap water with a rancid Fizzie? I'm greatly relieved that your view of "American" beer includes the amazing craft industry's products.

BTW, you ladies DO drink yours from a glass, don't you? I had a young CD friend years ago who used to go with me to T-friendly events out of town (in fact, s/he worked under my nephew's supervision on the bottling line at Sierra Nevada). There she sat in the bar, drinking directly from the bottle. I asked the bartender for a chilled glass, went over to her table, poured her Pale Ale into the glass, and told her, "A lady doesn't drink beer from the bottle." with a wag of the finger.

If you're a homebrewer, you'd probably enjoy Ken Grossman's Beyond the Pale. the Story of Sierra Nevada Brewing Company. I just checked, and it's on Amazon. Lots of brew-techie stuff and a truly amazing local success story.

But wait, what were we talking about? Oh, yeah, a middle name for Becky.

Anne. I'll drink to that!

I love how this thread has expanded to include beer of all things and yes no drinking from the bottle when enfemm not very ladylike. Actually Becky's drink of choice is lemon martini - does that influence what my middle name should be?
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Aspiring Member
    My wife's favorite cocktail. The Thinking Person's lemonade. Or was that Drinking Person?