Thread: First public CD appearance

Aspiring Member

First public CD appearance

In the title, I didn't mean first time outside (I've done that scores of times), but the first time outside when people who I know will be there and will all be watching intently.

I have kids who go to a dance school. I help out there a lot, and because of that, I am treated like a member of staff.
    Every Christmas, we do a variety show in a local theatre, in which the pupils perform in front of an audience consisting of family and friends. Dances range from ballet, modern, tap, street and lyrical. I usually work backstage on curtains.

It has become a bit of a tradition for some members of staff to perform a comedy dance, and this year, one other male staff member and I have been asked to join in.

The plan is to perform the Dance of the Cygnets from Swan Lake (search for it on YouTube if you're not familiar), wearing the usual costume of white leotard, tutu, ballet slippers and tights. We'll start with our backs to the audience when the curtains open, and after a while, realise we're facing the wrong way and turn around.

As it's a light-hearted bit of fun, nobody will suspect that I will be enjoying it from a CD point of view as well as for the fun of being part of the show, but for me it is going to be such a rush. Can't wait to get my costume and do those dress rehearsals.

Will it be difficult to hide that you are enjoying it?😉

Hi Holly,

I think it's great and I hope you have a wonderful time.

Be ready to work practicing. I've been taking ballet lessons for about 5 years now and quite often I'm dripping wet by the time class is done.

I would love to be able to dance like you're going to. I keep hoping but I suspect it'll never happen.

Holly, hope you will enjoy it. Yep, show that you are having fun and a great attitude and they will enjoy the performance.
    Part Time Girl

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JuliePtown View Post
    Will it be difficult to hide that you are enjoying it?😉
    If you mean what I think you mean, then yes. The tutus are not the totally stiff sort, but hang down enough to cover that area.
    cygnets.jpg

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Linda E. Woodworth View Post
    Hi Holly,

Be ready to work practicing. I've been taking ballet lessons for about 5 years now and quite often I'm dripping wet by the time class is done.
    Yes, I know. I am often there during show rehearsals and those people work really hard. As a non-dancer, I'm going to have to work extra hard. I really need to shed some weight, so this is going to have a good side-effect.

Gold Member
    I would die to try on a Tutu. Have fun.
    Rader

Oh Holly!
    I would jump on that opportunity in a heartbeat. What amazing and good natured fun to have with the children.
    Peace, and go with grace darling.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Wow what fun get to dress in front of friends and family and do something you love to do. win win

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RADER View Post
    I would die to try on a Tutu. Have fun.
    Rader
    We have to supply our own costumes, so I get to keep it, too!

Sounds like great fun, sure you'll have a fab time
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!

Aspiring Member
    Wow, what a great opportunity to wear a way-femmy costume and have everyone cheer you on. You two do it right, now, ya hear? Get the steps and the moves down passably so you don't insult the choreographers. Do it right, and enjoy!