Hey Greeneyes, I'm sorry you had to endure all that. That much experience could fill several lifetimes. From what I have observed, people like you, people who go through such life-changing events and live to tell about them honestly and straightforwardlyt have their opinions, and moreover priorities, changed. I knew a girl who was molested in her early teens and she went on to become one of the most honest and beautiful people I ever knew. My first girlfriend's father was mentally abusive to his family; to this day she is the only person who knows about my crossdressing, and few weeks back she told me she didn't care at the time, she accepted me that way. It made me me, to paraphrase her.

What I'm trying to say here and from those few comments that you posted, is that you are a person who doesn't shy away from tough situations and you see people how they are, and more importantly, accept them; not how they fit into a singular worldview. You value different things, things that are truly important to a marriage. You have had terrible things happen to you and that didn't bring you to your knees. Not many people are like that. But that doesn't mean you are alone in this.

At the end of the day, your post filled me with hope. If there are people like you or my exgirlfriend, there are definitely more out there. Maybe they are not vocal about it, but they do their part in supporting other people. Thank you!