Thread: Trip to the ER

Trip to the ER

I had a weird thing happen yesterday. I had to go to the ER because I thought I'd broken a rib. Thankfully no but still in a lot of pain. Anyway, one of the nurses was gonna give me those slip proof socks and I asked her to make sure no one was in the room when she did. When she asked why, I pointed out that I was wearing panties and that my toenails were painted. We talked a bit about it and I showed her some of my pics with wig and makeup on. She then asked me if I wanted to transition and I said no. She then said too bad because she felt I looked better as a woman than I did a man.

Mildly confused on how to react to that. I'm happy she thought I was a good looking woman, but I've never had someone tell me I looked better as a woman than as a man.

Amanda: I think you and the ER nurse handled what could have been a difficult situation very appropriately. The nurses compliment was nice.

Thing is I never even considered it potentially awkward. They're bound by law to keep anything I say confidential and I'm also certain that she's likely seen it many times before. I wasn't concerned about the hospital staff as I was the other patients in there. Had to do a similar thing with the hospital gown. Separate nurse but I explained to her that I had on panties and didn't want to show them. She was cool with it. She did tell me she was very jealous that I looked so good in heels.

AK, hope you are feeling better, about the rib, that is. Very painful. Julie

Silver Member
    Sorry for the pain. Don't know how old you are, but I had the same thing when I was young. Was repeatedly told how pretty a girl I would be. While it might seem great to some as a straight guy it became frustrating when trying to date. Girls didn't want to date someone that was prettier than they were.

Platinum Member
    Hi Amanda, Just remember if you are going to do it then you have to own it !

That was an interesting interaction......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

A bruised rib hurts about as much as a broke one, hope you heal fast. Sounds like the nurses are very professional. Showing her your pictures was a daring move but sounds like she enjoyed seeing them. As I said heal and be take it easy for a few days. Don't be prancing around in ten inch heels.... At least for a while.

Banned Read only
    How did a sock issue invite an underwear disclosure? Odd.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Hope your rib feels better.

Somehow I think if I was in great pain my painted toes and panties would be last concern on my mind, but any how hope you heal up quickly !!!
    Way too Girly ! I couldn't smell the smoke, and now I'll watch the flames

Out on Parole ......Woo Hoo

it's kind of a back handed compliment..was she saying you don't look that great as a guy? Although it's nice to be complimented on how you look as a female, I'd be a little bugged by that

Sounds like she did a good job of making you feel at easy whilst she did her job. I hope you are getting better.

Amanda I am happy for the positive part of your ER visit but sorry for the bruised ribs. I did the same thing about a month ago and haven't completely got over it yet. Wishing you a speedy recovery and if you have a follow up you might want new pictures.

Jennifer, it came about because my toes are painted green and I had asked her that if she was going to help me put the socks on, to do so in private. Me pointing out my underwear was incidental because she asked me was I trans or did I just like to paint my toes. I told her I was a crossdresser but I don't consider myself transgender because I don't feel like a woman trapped in a man's body nor do I have any desire to transition.

I realize you have to do what makes you feel comfortable, but my feeling is that I don't owe anyone any explanations, particularly strangers. I've been to the ER twice underdressed. I had to remove my outer clothing. No explanation was asked for, and none was offered.

It also had to do with being fearful of my fiancée bringing someone else from her family with her. They're the ones I don't want to know. My car was elsewhere and I didn't know if she'd bring someone with her to get my car.

Silver Member
    Hurt ribs are very painful. Been there, etc.. I once had a planned surgery, but as a dumb ass, I forgot to remove the bright red nail polish on my toes! A male nurse needed to check the pulse in my ankles, and the non-slip socks came off in a flash! Was I embarrassed ! He smiled at me as I asked him to not tell others, and he said, "not a problem. More guys have polished toes then you might think." Whew!

I've done this (cracked a rib or two) a few times. It isn't fun.

The standard advice (from my doctor) is stay quiet for three to six months while it heals. No heavy lifting and no twisting your torso. You'll pay for it, big time, if you try to do too much. The pain is breaking the callouses on the bones while they heal.

My doctor also said there is no benefit to being immobilised while the bones heal. That comes from studies examining this question. If there is too much compression, that does more harm than good, so forget about corsetting.

Glad to see the nurses treated you nicely and respectfully.

About 3 years ago SO and I were involved in a serious car accident while on a trip. I wear panties 24/7. We were both conscious and I had called 911. We were sitting there waiting for the ambulances and rescue workers to arrive. It dawned on me my choice of underwear was probably going to be revealed at some point during the day. Mentioned this to the SO and she said it will be OK, they are trained for people like me. Once we got to the hospital they started to dope me up pretty good. Just barely conscious. They took x-rays and did a bunch of other things. Then then moment came. The male nurse said it's time to get you undressed (I was in a hospital gown and still had my jeans on). I tried to warn him but he must have thought I was mumbling under the influence of the drugs they were giving me. Swooosh down went the pants. There was a pregnant pause followed by an "Oh!"

Nothing more was said by anyone throughout my visit. For about a week I remained dressed in my panties and the hospital gown (we had to wait for the luggage to catch up to us). I think there was something put on my chart about my dressing preference. Two nurses came in to set me up with a neck brace (I had a broken neck). As they were trying to get it on me I had to sit up. The nurse who seemed to be in charge told me to sit up but "don't worry we won't look." Other than that no one gave any indication or reaction to what I had on.
    Last edited by sweetdreams; 01-29-2017 at 10:07 AM.

Feel better soon.and I'm sure she meant that as a compliment and to help make you feel secure with her 😊

How did she know what you look like when fully drabed out?
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.