Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you lived alone 10 miles from the closest neighbor and rarely left your property

If you lived alone 10 miles from the closest neighbor and rarely left your property

If you lived alone 10 miles from the closest neighbor and rarely left your property, went outside, or had company, would you wear heels, stockings, shape wear, wigs, dresses, makeup, shave legs, shave face as often as you do now?

I think that most people would settle into a routine that required the least amount of effort to achieve a comfortable, practical, lifestyle.

I am presently home alone for the weekend. I could wear anything I want right now. I choose slippers over heels, and a robe and lounge pants over hose and a dress. I think if I were alone all the time, I would not shave and would choose my clothing based on most comfortable, most practical, easiest to put on, easiest to clean and least expensive. I would find the most comfortable clothing that kept me warm in winter and cool in summer.

Some people today go out in public in pajama's and slippers.

I think older people are into comfortable clothing. Often times older people shower much less often than they did when they were younger. It is standard practice in long term nursing homes to shower the elderly only once a week.

I think that most people left alone would opt for comfort over glamour.

After the novelty wore off of feeling ultra feminine all day every day I believe I would also gravitate toward a less dressy attire. Could take a while though. Still haven't quite reached the older catagory still very boing at heart.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Young at heart not boing (I hate auto fill and correct)

Aspiring Member
    I would probably shave my body hair for purely hygienic reasons and wear a leotard (or similar one-piece garment) daily assuming I'd never have to meet anyone, all in the name of comfort. In cold weather I'd actually sleep with legwarmers or stockings - my current attire is dri-fit vest over briefs, no shorts. I'd probably grow my hair out to around that of my current wig in my profile picture, but nothing really... more. Meh.

I didn't shave below the neck regularly till recently because I wasn't isolated.

This one requires one of those big "yes and no " answers. Where we live, its about a mile to the closest neighbor in any direction so its "kinda" like what you propose. And no, I don't get up every morning and put on my "glam". Heck...I haven't put on my "glam" in over 30 years but I digress. Yes you dress for the season, but you also have the comfort to dress however you please. Yeah I've mowed the back pasture in a bikini. I've fed the horses in a silver lame' bra/pantie/garter set with silver hose and 3" heels. I've fed the outside cats in the early morning in just my gown (quite often really on this one). But most of the time I'm in a top and jeans, albeit fem in the top dept. I'll admit, guy jeans are better for "work" as they are thicker/heavier and less-likely to rip when up working on a barb-wire fence or working on the tractor. But I get up every morning and "dress" for the day. In over 25 years I haven't spent all day in my gown (unless I was tied to the bed - but that's a different story). Winter, you put on the coat/etc (or insulated overalls!) for the weather/day. OK I do have a pink-as-a -bunny pair of ski bibs we bought one year at a clearance sale for $10 that I wear out to the barn on occasion. And my heaviest winter coat is a woman's. But unless your renting the place 12 miles from the closest neighbor, your going to be too busy with upkeep to EVER spend a full day in your "PJ's"...

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I would either be fully dressed as the maid or naked. Or, like Jennifer said, tied to the bed.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I have what I call "casual" lingerie, stockings, skirts, tops, shoes, and accessories. They are what I gravitate to most days to wear around our home. As the wife isn't keen on me leaving the house dressed, I change clothes frequently during a typical day. In the setting you describe, those same "casual" clothes is what I would wear all day long as I'm quite comfortable in them. Keep in mind I'll turn 70 years young (old??) this summer and still take pride in how I present myself. Never have, and likely never will, been one for the "grunge" look. I do wear jeans and T-shirts for working around the yard, or on my motorcycles and cars. Prefer to wear slacks with a polo shirt or collared shirt when I leave the house.

Call me "old fashioned" if you will, but under the conditions you described Billy, I'd be in skirts and stockings almost constantly.

Karen

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I would wear what I wear now nothing would change.

Platinum Member
    I don't think you have to live ten miles from the nearest neighbor to experience the same "dressing for comfort." There are twenty houses on my street. The lots are sixty feet wide. In the past my wife visited one of our kids out of state. As a retiree that gave me femme time 24/7 for up to ten days. The first several days it was female clothing 24/7; dress, hosiery, heels, bra, panty, slip, wig and makeup. All my clothes are chosen for comfort. I felt very at ease and comfortable en femme. Other times I wear the most comfortable male garb I own which my wife detests because there are holes in the rear of a pair of very well worn cut off jeans. Jeans, tee shirt and bare footed. She screams if I try to go further than the mailbox down the street. Oh, the stubble on my face appears on day two.

Yes, we older people, especially us retirees, are totally into comfort. And, also functionality. You're still not going to see me digging a hole in the backyard attired a la June Cleaver.

Gold Member
    I would also wear what I now wear at home;
    Panties, Bra with forms, a skirt and top, house slippers
    to be comfortable.
    And I am very comfortable dressed this way, why should I change anything.
    Rader

I am "older" and I am able to present as a woman most of the time. Even when I know that I will be home alone all day I do not choose to be "comfortable". Neither do I choose "glamour". I choose to look "nice" at all times.
    Hugs, Carole

I would gravitate towards comfort, but still keep a level of femme such as shaved legs and body, forms, wig, and simple makeup. Sometimes painted nails, too.

A lot of it depends on our purpose for dressing.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

For me it would be what I wear if I have just a couple of hours to dress in. Start with the basics; wig, bra and forms, knickers. Depending on the weather tights/holdups or bare legged. Then either a casual skirt + top, a dress or leggings and a tunic top/pullover. Nothing glam, just something to wear around the house to be comfortable in.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer in CO View Post
    In over 25 years I haven't spent all day in my gown (unless I was tied to the bed - but that's a different story).
    Hey, Jennifer, let's hear that story! <grin>

In Florida, casual and comfort is the norm for everyday wear. If you live in Miami, it's a lot easier to really get dressed up and go out at night. So, my everyday clothing is casual as can be and that still scratches my itch.

To answer your question: wear whatever floats your boat. Comfort is a state of mind.......

Silver Member
    Every morning, after rising and cleaning up, I dress to the 7s, full girlie, only lipstick, and no wig. I may not even scrape my face for 2 days. I always feel comfortable. My neighbors' homes are about 12' away on each side, so I don't venture out.

In over 25 years I haven't spent all day in my gown (unless I was tied to the bed - but that's a different story).

I think I would dress fully more often! Usually only have an hour or two and don't fuss with the wig and sometimes no makeup. Comfort is a relative term and different for everybody! I would dress casual but nice! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I dress every day as it is. My usual outfit is a $10 dress from Walmart (or wherever). I find my outfits most comfortable.

If it were warm enough, I would be naked. I love being outdoors naked.

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    Welcome to my life. Well, it's 10 feet instead of miles. And I go to work and other places. Otherwise EXACTLY the same, so you must have HIDDEN CAMERAS IN MY HOUSE! Confess, NSA spook!
    Last edited by Maria Blackwood; 01-22-2017 at 11:38 AM.

My routine is already really low maintenance aside from makeup. Though you could argue that my makeup routine is so easy, it can be considered low maintenance as well. But if I really did live in an area like that, you'd better believe I'd be outside a lot more. I'd take nice walks, write in my journal, or maybe do watercolors. All while dressed in a pretty outfit. Just thinking about how peaceful of a setting that is makes me want to move to the country.

If only dreams came true. susancheerleader's Avatar
    I'd wear what I want to or feel most comfortable in. If that's a dress, or a pair of jeans or a damn leotard.... I will wear it.

Aspiring Member
    I would diffidently laid out in the sun in a woman's swim suit for those special tan lines.

I'd probably just stop changing my clothes for every time I go outside the house; I still wouldn't wind up wearing frilly dresses all the time.

Then you have:
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Often times older people shower much less often than they did when they were younger. It is standard practice in long term nursing homes to shower the elderly only once a week.
    Please, please talk these people into washing. It's the primary cause of what younger folks refer to as 'old people smell'. That, and never washing their coats/jackets and using the 'sniff test' as indicative of when they should wash their regular clothes as well. Remember, you can't smell your own stink.

Personal hygiene; it's for everyone!
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Yes please wash your clothes and coats and jackets people LOLOL.
    I'm all about personal hygiene so if someones says you stink then you probably do so go take a bath.
    I used to drive a truck for a living and I had to team up with a guy for a week and his feet smelled like burnt popcorn and fungus.
    My clothes ended up smelling like him after a week and when I got home the smell would not come out of my clothes so I had to throw them out.
    Please wash everyday.