Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: what is one thing you hate about crossdressing....

One thing? Oh, I can't pick just one. Let's just say all the inconveniences that women tell us about their clothes, then add in the crossdressing problems!
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Can't think of any except wearing a bra but I can live with it.
    Things are only a problem if you let them be one.

I hate seeing a beautiful pair of heels and find out that there is not my size
    To be more serious, the only thing I hate about crossdressing is the secrets and the lies to my girlfriend.
    I dislike feeling the urge and do not have the opportunity to dress.
    Anything else: hair in mouth, time to prepare,.. is for me a part of the "game".
    Boys who dress as girls have more fun.

Too many to narrow it down to one, but I agree with everyone that's posted so far. One thing that bothers me is not having a girlish figure to go with the clothes I wear. Lack of womanly curves!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Banned Read only
    Taking off the nail polish! I first use tissue paper with the nail polish remover to remove most of the polish and then poor the nail polish remover over a red with black brush brisseled nail brush I buy at Auto Zone (which are the best nail brushes ever) and use the brush to remove the polish from the sides of the finger nails. I'm really quick with it now but it took a while to find the right combination to remove all of the polish where absolutely nothing is left...Scarlett....Good question by the way.....

For me it's the hiding.
    Everyone in my family has flexible work schedules and randomly show up at my house
    So when I do get a chance to dress I have to peek out the window every time I hear a car.
    It takes half the enjoyment out of dressing.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Not being able to dress when I want for how long I want. My wife doesn't want to see me dressed and my kids don't know, so it's a case of trying to fit it in when I can.
    A girl can never have too many dresses

If only dreams came true. susancheerleader's Avatar
    If I had someone to show me makeup, maybe that would be my worst thing. (I've never done any makeup. Don't know how and no one to show me how.)
    Last edited by susancheerleader; 01-22-2017 at 05:54 PM.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy-Somthing View Post
    So when I do get a chance to dress I have to peek out the window every time I hear a car.
    It takes half the enjoyment out of dressing.
    Know that feeling so well. My eldest has a key, my wife and youngest both work but have a habit of coming home early. My work schedule constantly changes. You wouldn't believe the lengths I have to go to just to get some Diane time.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I don't mind shaving my legs, I just hate the period in the couple days after when I start getting stubble Aside from that, it might have to be that when it's really hot out it's hard to crossdress since there's the wig and makeup can make feel warmer

I agree with most of above:
    - trying to text with nails
    - trying not to eat my hair too often
    - the pain that starts radiating from my ear lobes after about 3 hours of wearing clip on earrings
    - when hairs get caught in fresh eyeliner
    - spilling food on my boobs much more noticeable than if it had dropped onto my lap
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett398 View Post
    Taking off the nail polish!
    I use cotton balls. Just soakd a cotton ball in remover and hold it on your nail for a few seconds. Wipe and most comes off.

Quote Originally Posted by susancheerleader View Post
    (I've never done any makeup. Don't know how and no one to show me how.)
    You can learn a lot from makeup tutorials on youtube. That's where I learned about using cotton balls to remove nail polish.

Quote Originally Posted by Becky Blue View Post
    - the pain that starts radiating from my ear lobes after about 3 hours of wearing clip on earrings
    Oh yeah, some clip ons are worse than others. The spring loaded hoops don't cause any pain from my experience.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I love Becky's response.

I share all that but the earrings, had my ears pierced in 1975 to get away from that.

Those are not just CD problems.

My one thing is the time it takes to transform. So many times I want to have some Fem time but it is just too exhausting to think of the time it will take to transform so I just give up.

Aspiring Member Michelle Crossfire's Avatar
    I wouldn't say hate, but there a few things that i dislike. Nails, they always seem to break off, sometimes without you even noticing it right away, plus it makes typing or texting somewhat awkward. The stray hair in the face and/or mouth is always a thing that i tend to dislike. Plus, i don't really know how to style the wig or hair, so i am limited in what i can do. Frequency in which i can dress is what it is, and going back to drab sometimes is a bummer as well. Would i give up crossdressing because of that. No. Just learn to deal with it
    [B][I]Call me Michelle: doll:

Changing back. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I guess the one thing that I hate is the full online shopping carts, and
    not enough funds to complete the purchases.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

The worst? Realizing you have dressed for so l-o-n-g that you now have separate sections in the girl wardrobe closet: one for your fat clothes, and one for your skinny clothes.

The worst is not being able to as often. Due to my work schedule I have very little time to dress. I always want to do more then wearing under my clothes.

Silver Member
    Susan, first, buy and try some inexpensive, drug store makeup, perhaps a non-staining lipstick, blush, mascara and some makeup remover. Refer to the many on-line makeup tutorials AND what's available on this forum. Then its a lot of practice until you feel its starting to look reasonably good; then, its time to buy more, different makeup, and more practice. Most of the ladies here probably started this way. Its OK to buy it in drab. That's the only way I've ever bought makeup. Use a store (WallMart?) that has a self check out, if you need to. The practice is fun. Also, get a 10 power magnifying mirror to use to be sure all makeup is gone. Have fun and Good luck!

for me it's getting a new dress and not being able to get dressed up for a few days when the coast is clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Fakley View Post
    Boob Sweat.
    Specifically sweat that makes your boobs fall off :-)
    Amy beat me to it!
    My bewbs don't have a self-adhesive and being closeted I don't glue them on either. So even I short amount of time, let's say 10 or so minutes in this humid Gulf Coast climate can have sweat build up underneath silicone forms.
    So I hate it when he girls slip n slide under a bra and I get lopsided.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

The back zipper! While I absolutely love the tightness of dresses, blouses, leotards with a back zipper, that zipper gets me. Putting them on, I use the hanger method but it is important to bring the hanger with me. Since I was traveling at night, I dressed for the drive. I figured that I would change before arriving at the hotel in the early morning. That's when I realized that I brought nothing to help me remove the dress that I was wearing. It took me forever to get that back zipper down.

Most annoying thing is that I have to dress at all and not just be that way ........you know.................................Debra

Having it be crossdressing, why can't it be just normal, we pick and choose what to wear when want and it's standard heho.

On the subject of nails and this may not be general but happened to me, I put false nails on top of day old nail polish and they never came off, didn't think about it at the time but when I did come to take them off they were a real bugger to remove, they brought half the polish off with them, still, made the polish removing half the effort
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!