Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Women's territory (GG comments appreciated)

Have only shopped for my wig dressed. In male mode, I have bought just about all types of female attire and accessories with no problems, no looks, and no comments! Of course this includes when I used to shop for my wife. I just know what I want a head of time, go in get it, and check out! I have browsed a time or two also with no problems! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Banned Read only
    Well, I have noticed that more often than not, large department stores put what they call their "intimate apparel" section up against a back wall or in a corner somewhere, so that nobody has to walk through that section if they're simply on their way somewhere else. Consequently women shoppers can "hide" there in relative privacy as they browse through racks of lingerie, bras and panties without being observed by other customers (including men) who are shopping for something else entirely--from suits and watches to home appliances and Craftsman tools. This does suggest that many women are shy about being observed by men while shopping for their underthings. It does mean of course that no man is going to be in that section unless he too has gone there on purpose to buy feminine fripperies, which may make him feel conspicuous and awkward.

I used to feel extremely awkward many years ago when I first shopped secretly for female clothing. Naturally this was even more true for bras and panties than for skirts, blouses and dresses. I was sure they must be wondering why a youngish teenage boy was buying such things. To make it worse, some stores back in those days were only selling merchandise "over the counter," meaning you had to go up to a sales assistant and ask for what you wanted. I certainly welcomed self-service! But as I got a little older, it became more plausible that I was buying these clothes for a wife (that I didn't have yet) or girlfriend, so thankfully I felt less embarrassed as time went on.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnetar GG View Post
    If a man is spending more time looking at the women shopping and not at the clothing. This is because women are constantly suspicious of a male's motives, especially if he is in an area that is more populated by women than men. A man shopping at victoria's secret usually means buying for gf/wife but if he's at victoria's secret staring at the other shoppers, a red light flashes in our heads yelling "PREDATOR!" We are raised that way.
    / you learn that instinct very quickly thats for sure.

Basically I really don't care. Just try not to be so furtive about it! I'm TS so I understand it is really nerve-wracking initially but it is a massive give away when you're constantly looking at other people rather than what you're interested in buying. Go in, buy it, own it.

About 30 years ago, I saw some lovely women's frilly panties in a supermarket, but I didn't have the guts to buy them. I'm still kicking myself to this day.

Maybe they wouldn't have fitted.