Thread: Man cave, Girl cave, Two caves, No cave

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar

Man cave, Girl cave, Two caves, No cave

So, whaddya got? Don't hate me but I got both. And my Girl cave is also a high tech Geek cave. Of course with a full walk in closet of a hundred dresses and a full selection of wigs, bras, forms, shoes, foundations, personal bathroom with makeup drawers, mirrors galore, etc....

Man Cave. Tools. HD-TV with network connections. Full LED lighting.

mancavepost.jpg

Girl cave (closet)

2502p.jpg
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

So I don't have a dedicated girl cave but I have a 35' X 50' shop that I have all my tools, motorcycles, and everything in. I have a stand up cabinet/closet that I keep my clothes in out in the shop. I made the comment the other day to my wife that I was going to hang out in my man cave and she tells me, "is it really a man cave if you are dressing as a woman in it?" I had no come back.

I have a cardboard box on the top shelf of my closet. The contents just recently moved from a plastic bag, hidden in a crawl space in the basement.
    Inside my heart is breaking
    My make-up may be flaking
    But my smile still stays on

Well, I have a shop that I refuse to call a Man Cave because I hate that term, and at this point, Cynthia's stuff sits in plastic bins at the back of the closet due to no room to hang them up. Maybe someday a nice walk in closet.
    Be Yourself, And Be Fabulous While Doing it!

I live alone, so therefore my whole house and garage is my man/girl cave, whichever I want it to be at the time. Usually girl cave.

Had a nice girl cave (a 2 BR/2 Bath condo) several states away. Giving that up end of this month, and maybe without for a spell. Man cave is an office in my home my high tech stuff hangs out with me.

Carla, you are certainly a well organised person. I admire your tidiness. My closet is a cluttered space in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia_0101 View Post
    Well, I have a shop that I refuse to call a Man Cave because I hate that term.
    Exactly. I never liked the man cave analogy that some talking head came up with during his 'make the wives feel better about themselves by portraying their husbands as idiots' seminars, where the husbands were being blindsided into accepting that they are somehow behaving badly. Then portraying us as grunting, brutish cave men? Come on.
    The idea that if a man prefers to be alone to do something to take his mind off of the aggravations of the day makes him an ignoramous is offensive to me, and should be to all men. Women eat this up because it's preached to them that because they like to talk about the things that annoy them, it makes them superior to us. And that's not good for any relationship.
    Now then. No, no cave. And there's nothing wrong with wanting peace and quiet. If women want to chatter endlessley to de-stress, that's fine, but then we can sit on our own, perhaps listening to Led Zepellin, and enjoy a cold drink, while pondering how our day went, without a word spoken at all.
    I have a home. Filled with my stuff. One of my end tables is a standing drill press, and the 'table' part is adjustable the full height of the metal pole that holds it all together. The other end table is a router table with a hardwood laquered cover. The interior of the coffee table is filled with tools. It's a man's home. But half the closet is filled with dresses, tops and skirts, and one dresser filled with lingerie. All things, to all of me.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 01-23-2017 at 11:05 AM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    The idea that if a man prefers to be alone to do something to take his mind off of the aggravations of the day makes him an ignoramous is offensive to me, and should be to all men.
    I have never heard of that come up in conversation with any women I've talked to. In fact, quite the opposite, to the point that I've seen gift idea lists for shopping for your man's man cave.

That being said, we have a garage/shop and an art/craft room (what most women consider their girl cave, I know in a CD context it's not the same thing), neither of us are prevented or requested to keep from accessing/using either room. So I can't say that there is a man cave. In fact, the idea of a man cave if used in conjunction with a wood shop or garage is perpetuating stereotypes that women don't belong around power tools. He's more than welcome to come to the art/craft room and I've taught him to use the sewing machine. He keeps his clothes and accessories in bins.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I never got into the the whole "cave" concept.
    Then again I am not like most guys so why do I have to conform?
    One bed room has become an amp room I do spend a lot of time in.
    One side of the the room and the other.I guess you could call it a music cave.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tracii G; 01-23-2017 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnetar GG View Post
    I have never heard of that come up in conversation with any women I've talked to. In fact, quite the opposite.
    Do you really believe that people tell you everything that they're thinking about you? Wow. But that does help explain a lot of things.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Nothing specifically for either, but I would have to say I have both.
    The necessary tools to maintain the house and the necessary tools to maintain me.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !