Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Second Life

I kind of (loved it and) hated it. Too "alluring" and escapist, and essentially it ended up being just an overblown sex chat app. It totally lost me when I wandered in an area where I could hear people talking on microphones. It sounded just as crass as CB radio did in the 80's, only illustrated with overglamourized, twinkling avatars.
    Last edited by Wen4cd; 02-04-2017 at 10:29 PM.
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

SJW and Proud of It! Christina D's Avatar
    I remember a friend trying to get me into SL, and even though I was really into MMOs at the time, it didn't do much for me and I only played for about a week as a male avatar.

However, when given the choice in almost every other video game (which many modern games do), I always play as a female character. Usually it's just an aesthetic choice, but some games associate female characters with abilities and characteristics that I like in a lot of games, like being quick, silent, and sneaky...female rogues are the best!
    "I'm just a girl, what's my destiny?/What I've succumbed to is making me numb/Oh I'm just a girl, my apologies/What I've become is so burdensome/Oh I'm just a girl, lucky me/Twiddle-dum there's no comparison" - "Just a Girl" by No Doubt

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Socrates

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    Week off to a bad start? Could be worse...

IMG_0947.jpg

So, how was *your* Monday?
    Last edited by Maria Blackwood; 02-13-2017 at 10:45 PM.

Solo? I tried a few bosses solo, it has never worked out for me. Which house did you all get. I have enough crown points from plus to get any house. I really like the island, but there isn't much in terms of internal housing. I was thinking of a mid sized house with an outside.