Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Second Life

Second Life

Is anyone familiar with the virtual reality game Second Life where you can be an avatar of any gender or species? I found out about it years ago when I created my virtual self Tamie. She's everything I wish I could be. It's so fun to interact with others as her

That's still around? Didn't that die off like 10 years ago?

Well the adult locations are as popular as ever ; )

Quote Originally Posted by Mtempel View Post
    Is anyone familiar with the virtual reality game Second Life
    There have been several threads about SL here.

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    Still around. It is still the Queen and Champeen of virtual worlds. I joined SL back in 2006, so I am what SL users call an “oldbie“. And yes, I have a female avatar.

Veronica
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    That's kind of what I do. Only in real life----
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have never played games like that because I never had that much free time.
    Virtual reality sounds like an oxymoron.

I am going to try and play Second Life. Seems like a lot of fun.

I am Ceera Murakami on Second Life, but I hardly log in any more there. Had several other accounts too, mostly for roleplaying when my friends and I still did that stuff there.

I have been on Second Life since 2010, last logged on a couple of hours ago. My avatar is female and I don't let on that I am anything other than that. I can do things there I could never do in RL

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    I play Elder Scrolls Online, an MMO, and all seven of my characters are female.

My current character
    IMG_0908.JPG
    Ardora The Red likes moonlit walks with handsome knights, Argonian wine, and burning her foes to ashes with bolts of lightning, laughing as they scream their last.

I started in SL 10 years ago and followed my friends to inworldz and a Discovery Grid. Building and scripting can be fun, building with friends can be pretty good (some of my friends know my avatar's typist is male and most do not). Virtual sailing is awfully relaxing.
    Last edited by bridget thronton; 01-25-2017 at 02:26 AM.

Aspiring Member
    I played that when it first came out. I had 2 accounts; one of which had a female avatar.
    I never paid money into it to buy land, so I never achieved much and gave up.
    Would never have guessed that it still existed. I wonder if my old account still exists?

Doubt whether I can remember my username, anyway
    Last edited by HollyGreene; 01-24-2017 at 06:22 PM.

Gold Member
    I go in and out. Something to do when I am bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    They been saying it is gonna die off from day one.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I don't play those types of online games, but if I did, maybe it'd be this one: Star Citizen. But I don't have time to waste playing too many video games, because I got 1047 Steam Games already!

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/about-the-game

It's been in a long time of development, too!
    Last edited by Lorileah; 01-24-2017 at 12:46 PM. Reason: No solicitaions, even for anyone else

I'm Tamie Foxclaw on there if anyone wants to play. Though I usually play with men

Was always wanting to ask about some posters avatar pictures here, 10 year sl vet here into the often ridiculed sl modeling field (female and male)

Quote Originally Posted by biannne View Post
    I am going to try and play Second Life. Seems like a lot of fun.
    It can be, but it is like an MMO and can suck you in hard. I find it best to mix up SL with OTHER electronic pastimes.

Quote Originally Posted by MariaOfCalifornia View Post
    I play Elder Scrolls Online,
    Ardora The Red likes moonlit walks with handsome knights, Argonian wine, and burning her foes to ashes with bolts of lightning, laughing as they scream their last.
    Reminds me of those online dating commercials for farmersonly. "You don't have to be lonely at VestigeOnly Dot Com. NPC's jus don't get it."

I personally don't like TESO (Breton Templar) as much as the single-player Bethesda games and stupidly addictive Star Trek Online. (Sci Betazoid Fleet Admiral with a T6 Pathfinder)

Quote Originally Posted by HollyGreene View Post
    I never paid money into it to buy land,
    "But Holly Greene, Land is the only thing that lasts, the only thing worth rezzing for! You get your strength from the plywood prims of SL."

I wonder if my old account still exists?
    Yes it does, Linden Lab doesn't delete accounts. You'll probably have to change your password before you can login though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    They been saying it is gonna die off from day one.
    Yep. There's been "SL is gonna die" posts on SLU (Second Life Universe, oldbie-centric SL-centric message board) and NWN (New World Notes, independent virtual world blog) for as long as I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by JasmeVee View Post
    10 year sl vet here into the often ridiculed sl modeling field (female and male)
    ANYTHING related to SL fashion is a money sink, ESPECIALLY modeling and blogging. I should know...I was once staff on an agency and had a few gigs. Few as in 5 or less, but I was known more for my writing. Yea for in the Glorious Age of the past, in the age of Inviziprim shoes and ETD hair, when mighty Fashionistas strode the grid with their Puissance....I may have written for PXP and Linden Lifestyles. (Which were two of the old Big Three fashion blogs. I never filled out my hat trick because Second Style became defunct before I could write for them.) I've blogged on my own as well, but not for months and I was most certainly not in the modern day fashion-blogging Big Leagues like Strawberry Singh and a few others.

My avatar's display name is "Ms. CC Creeggan". I has a SL/gaming centric flickr...which has more not-SL pictures these days. I still TAKE SL pictures...but don't get around to uploading them or blogging:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cronocloudcreeggan

Veronica
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

Lol, i know all those references (and strawberry) probably crossed paths at some point. Shows for me is over 100

Im on ESO N/A Pc, pm me if you Anna group up and marvel at each other's form fitting armor!

Looked for Second life in Apple App Store and found nothing but ViViWo and in the reviews for that it sounds like that is some kind of scam. There are Apps like SLnotifier so it must be out there somewhere but Im not seeing it. Thoughts?

I have second life on my computer and a female character. It is still a game online. but I haven't put money in it.
    Part Time Girl

Quote Originally Posted by skirt_guy View Post
    Looked for Second life in Apple App Store
    SL is a virtual world for desktops and laptops, you won't find the SL client in the app store. You download it here:

https://secondlife.com/support/downloads/

Veronica

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    New hair style for Ardora and level 20 light armor

IMG_0930.jpg

Ardora and her menagerie. Pony, baby mammoth, summoned clannfear

IMG_0929.jpg

I'm sorry, I have insomnia

Morrowwind AND housing! Can't wait to line my closet full of armor....

Aspiring Member
    I was on SL for a couple years on and off, under a few different handles. Only in exactly one account did I present male.

My wardrobe was mostly jeans eventually, although the tops were frequently pretty... skimpy to say the least. I try to emulate what I would wear in real life, but with longer and fuller hair, and of course being taller and prettier.. There are excellent freebies if you look hard enough.

I did spend a disproportionate amount of time in various ballrooms so of course much of my in-game currency was spent on evening gowns (mostly white and silver) and jewelry. Thankfully the wardrobe is virtual - one would ask if I were running a wedding boutique if they saw that part of my wardrobe.
    Last edited by Lily Catherine; 02-04-2017 at 12:36 PM.