Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: if you went blind

Silver Member

if you went blind

Yes, I know this is a weird what if, but if you were to go blind, would you still crossdress? Think about it. Men are very visually oriented, and you would not know how you look.

Plus all the work it takes. The only aspect of CDING would then be the feel, and you would pretty much be forced out of the closet. You would need help selecting and buying clothes, washing, etc. Your life would be much more difficult. Would you even bother?

As a fledgling CDer, no. Not much invested at this point, so I am sure I would find other "challenges" and experiences. Julie

yes, for me there would still be tactile feelings, the way skinny jeans and leggings hug your legs, the feeling of hair where it hits the nap of my neck, slipping on womens shoes is much different then placing my man shoes on my feet, im sure someone could mess with me and slip in some guy loafers....which i never owned, trusting someone doing my makeup would be an issue if i wanted to go into the "wild" dressed....so a leap of faith their...... although i purchased my forms as a crutch to fit in outside i have become accustomed to how they feel and that and all the other tactile feelings would then be amplified as so many have said after they lost theyre sight, so once a dresser always a dresser for me.

a little dark from you meg....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Assuming I was no longer in the closet to family then I would say yes if only while around the house. I'm with Mikell regarding the tactile nature of clothing and as blindness leads to a much greater reliance of feel then it would seems to make sense.

As for going out. In public, no. To a support group then I think you'd be more than welcomed. It's at that point you may find out if you've got a fully supportive SO. "Who dressed you and did your makeup, Stevie Wonder?" as the old joke goes.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

great you got me thinking, so to add as far as the visual, yes when looking at women i prefer what pleases my eye. some of the "looks" can make me feel gooey and squishy like putty ??

the day i knew i had met my "self" i was wearing jeans, my makeup was just right, first wig, i looked into a mirror and saw myself as who i felt like inside looking back for the first time ever, i had finally hidden my male "self".....so i have that, but since then i feel it is part of who i am so while out walking past a window and seeing my reflection is pleasing.... it is not essential, its not about going out and taking tons of photos and sharing my outings, its just about being myself and feeling like my"self" so even with the lack of sight it is still part of who i am. sorry if i got too deep....its megans fault.
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Silver Member
    Mikell,

It was a deep question. Because it hits where the root of your Dressing comes from. If your "just a CD", then maybe your not as likely. If you identify as trans, fluid, non-binary, female, etc. Then the expression of yourself may transcend the difficulty and loss of the visual impact that might otherwise be a big trigger or motivator. It is actually a rhetoric question, meant to provide you with an assessment of how important CDING is to you and where you are on the spectrum. A transwoman would not even think twice I believe.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    The look is now the main thing for me, so I would probably stop. It would be very difficult but I would find other ways to occupy my time. I also paint and draw a lot so it would be a double blow,
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Aspiring Member
    Yes, as mentioned for the sensations. I love the way panties feel compared to male underwear. I love how a well-fitting bra hugs me. I love the feel of my attachable breast forms. I love wearing pantyhose or skinny jeans or leggings; the sheer materials; my sweater dress that conforms to my shape. All good! The only problem would be not ever being able to go out. Being blind, how would one do one's makeup without a cooperative spouse or friend?

Nope.
    Jon

Probably not, as I'm closeted and would have no one to help me pick out what I want to wear.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Read only
    Meghan,
    I've sometimes thought about this question, it would be interesting to know if there are partially or totally blind Cders.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Meghan,
    I've sometimes thought about this question, it would be interesting to know if there are partially or totally blind Cders.
    To answer your question Teresa, YES there are.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Meghan
    What a great question, I personally wouldn't but I still love feminine smells and the feel of soft underwear. Difficult but still a great question.
    X

Aspiring Member
    If I were to go blind I most definitely would still dress as it's the look and FEEL for me. However if I had been blind from birth I'm not really sure if I would have ever started as I don't know if the trigger was a visual thing or if it's something that has just always been inside of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan4now View Post
    Think about it. Men are very visually oriented, and you would not know how you look.
    Oh dear. You understand that "men are very visually oriented" is the viewpoint of a person who has vision, right? I spent a few years working with blind and low-vision people, and I can tell you that a statement like that would get their backs up as quick as a cisgender person telling you that you must be gay since the only reason to wear women's clothes is to attract men. It is probably not productive for sighted folks to try and figure out why blind people would crossdress unless to understand they do it for the same reason you do -- it makes them happy.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Aspiring Member
    If I were to go blind I most definitely would still dress as it's the look and FEEL for me. However if I had been blind from birth I'm not really sure if I would have ever started as I don't know if the trigger was a visual thing or if it's something that has just always been inside of me.

A big Yes for me.
    I can't see that anything would change as to how I feel and this is all about how I feel about myself.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennie-cd View Post
    Oh dear. You understand that "men are very visually oriented" is the viewpoint of a person who has vision, right?.
    Fair statement and duly noted. However, conventional understanding of male stimulation for sited people indicates a heavy skew toward visual cues. Not entirely definive, but as a general tendancy. I do not expect everyone to have the same answer, as the reasons for CDing and Tg/TS are varried, but I feel that cds do tend to have a penchant for visual display that would not be relevant if one were blind.

And Theresa did bring up an interesting point. It is hard enough to estimate the CD population, how much harder would it be to narrow it down to blind cds?!

If, I had someone to do things for me like make up. Yes!!!! I would still want that part of me who enjoys the feel of pantyhose, weight of breast forms, pinch of earrings, the feels and the smells! These are things that make me happy! I would continue as best I could! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Yes. I would not stop. And when I looked in the mirror I would be taller and have full head of hair (in my Mind).

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Mikell's post #5 for me is right on and probably be how I would react to it.
    My TG ness is not driven by vanity it is just who I am.

That is certainly a tough question for me to answer. I probably would stop my makeup, dressing on the outside, but continue the under dressing. I guess my wife could put Chapstick on my lips n tell me it is a dark red but I'd never know.... I'd miss a lot of things I do now such as the hunting, fishing, and working on the farm. The corn I would plant blind would definitely be a maze and a challenge to get out of.... Lol

Well, being blind would almost certainly stop me from going out en-femme. I would be unable to do my makeup, or to get to where I might want to go, and I would be unable to enjoy seeing myself or other people's positive and accepting reactions to me. Honestly, I fear I would have a hard time continuing to live at all, if I was blind.

But I would probably still wear women's clothing at home, especially panties, pants and skirts, just because I find them more comfortable to wear. It would be harder for me to keep my body shaved, but I think I could learn to do that entirely by touch, and that I still would, simply because I prefer feeling smooth and hairless.

Tough question, But yeah I still would. The feel of those clothes are so much better than drab. However we would not be able to type on here.
    Part Time Girl

Hey I believe that I would just do one thing to ensure I keep my identity. Since I do identity as a Trans gender Femme Male I could keep my identity I had already changed my name. Right now I haven't done so but I think that would ensure I am still me. So since my breasts are my own I would need only to be able to get to my clothes as they should be keep always in the same alignment. I could have all same colors together and I could count from one end and pick from what I remember. Hopefully some one would be around to help me. I would no longer use makeup if not except maybe relearning how to put on lipstick.

I would hope that I had already done laser or electrolysis. Cause shaving and hiding facial hair would be my only problem. But there is no quitting being me.
    [COLOR="blue"]Contessa Marie D

I'm TG. A fem-male so I look male sometimes.

Dressing is necessary, the type of clothes you wear not so much.

This above all to thy own self be true!