Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: if you went blind

I would probable look better.

I guess this is my question to answer.
    I started going blind when I was 23 years old. I am now legally blind, (20/500), about 98% vision loss. Yes I still crossdress. It's not about the look, it's about the feel. I love the feel of the clothes, and my wigs hair cascading down on my shoulders and back. It makes me feel extremely feminine.
    As my vision diminished, I learn to utilize my other senses, so, like any visually impaired woman, I have learned to put my make up on by feel. I nener use a mirror!

I actually know 2 other visually impaired cross-dressers, one went blind as an adult, and another who was born blind.

However, if you are asking if you were stricken blind overnight, I am sure you would have many more things on your mind then cross dressing.
    Last edited by Cara Lacey; 01-26-2017 at 08:24 PM.
    Cara

Silver Member
    Thank you and Bless you Cara. What a wonderful response. I certainly hope my question did not offend you. I think you are right about having a lot of other things to worry about, and for many Cross Dressers, our activities and presentation is not of primary importance. But I get a sense that for many, crossdressing IS a deeply seeded part of who we are, and while a big portion of our satisfaction may be gone, there is so much more to it.

I am very intrigued by your response. I'm sure that you probably have a fascinating story to tell. .......

Hi Megan, no worries! It is a legitimate question.
    I was very intrigued by the various answers.
    The truth is nobody can actually predict how they might act in such a situation. My life certainly has not progressed in the manner that I thought it would.
    When I first found out that my vision was going bad, I could only foresee a life of hardship and poverty. Quite the opposite has happened. I have a great life, and I would not change a thing if I could do it all over again!
    Cara

Of course, it would take a lot more than blindness to take away the feelings and urges and desires.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I did go blind at one point in my life, if it weren't for surgery, I would've been totally blind for years now. But, CDing has always been a tactile experience for me since I'm not passable at all and get repulsed when I see myself in a mirror or see a photograph of me.

This is just a "nice to have" for me, so probably wouldn't do it. Would have enough to do just getting by every day.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning