Thread: The Closet door has opened

The Closet door has opened

Today I was able to have a conversation with my cousin about me being a cross dresser.
    Talk about nervous, I was shaking.

After the exchange of a few photos, she said if she had my legs she would probably wear dresses more often.
    She then asked what size of shoes I wear. Had some that she does not wear anymore and hoped I could use them, unfortunately wrong size.

It is a happy day for me.

Still nervous but at least the door is open to the closet.

Heidi
    hugs and more hugs

Rhandi

Aspiring Member
    Hi Heidi,

Firstly congratulations and it sounds like a milestone has passed for you! I'm new here so am not aware of this was something you were planning or if it was a spur of the moment thing?

Can I ask what your motivation was, why your cousin and if it's not to personal what your relationship status is?

I only ask as I am married to an unsuspecting SO and wonder if I ever come out should it be to her firstly (instinct said yes) or a close friend/family member for support if it doesn't go well....

Kisses and congrats from me anyhow,

MissS xxx

Yaaaaaaay! Hugs, Michelle

Heidi, it sounds great but we need more background info! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Wow amazing Heidi that's a big step to tell a family member, glad it went well

Miss Secret,
    The relationship with my cousin is we grew up together and we can share anything. I was nervous because I do not want my extended family to know (yet).
    Also there is always the issue of how will someone react.

Lana, I am not sure what background is needed or wanted.

Michelle, Thanks for the support.

Heidi
    hugs and more hugs

Rhandi

Yay! Heidi, I hope many more doors open for you sweetheart.

Jeri

Fantastic Heidi, big congrats!
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!

Aspiring Member
    Thank you Heidi, again congrats on the big step you took. So glad you found someone to trust enough and by the sounds of things embraced it for what it is and is supportive of you.

Xx
    Last edited by Lorileah; 01-26-2017 at 09:24 PM. Reason: you don't need whole quote to respond

Aweome! Someone (apologies for not remembering who) once had a signature line that said something like "Coming out is like getting a lungful of air and suddenly realizing you've been drowning all this time." The only thrill bigger than the first (successful) coming out is the last one. Congratulations!
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Thanks for sharing Heidi. My door is still closed but I am peeking out, at least looking for someone who will hear me. Like MissSecret, I am thinking that my long time SO should be the first to hear from me but not sure why or if that is necessary. I look for small steps toward liberation.

Heidi I bet it feels good to step outside the closet door. I'll probably never know that feeling other than my wife knowing.

Congratulations! I may be heading out the door as well. My wife has done a 180 in last few days and now wants me to dress and go out dressed and tell all the family. She claims her side of the family already knows from last time she asked for a divorce. We will be visiting them in 2 weeks, so you can imagine my nerves.
    Hugs, Ellen

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Awesome news I'm really happy for you.

Heidi, I am glad that your cousin was so nice. A big thing to get off your chest.
    Part Time Girl

That's great, Heidi! I'm so glad you had this experience.
    "The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!” -- Jack Kerouac

Happy to hear things are working out well for you. Have fun and stay safe.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Happy for you Heidi, well done.

Karen

That's amazing, Heidi!

Wonderful to have such a supportive cousin

Thanks again Heidi, your thread was a motivator. I wrote out what I needed to say and last night shared with my long time SO. She told me she was surprised by not shocked and that she loved me for the trust I have in her. She is all in on helping me learn more about me. This thread was inspiring and another (Greenie) on how to go about it was very helpful. Excited for next steps. How liberating!

Congratulations. I cant wait until my door opens and have the courage of others such as yours.

Quote Originally Posted by michelemcd55 View Post
    I wrote out what I needed to say and last night shared with my long time SO. She told me she was surprised by not shocked and that she loved me for the trust I have in her. She is all in on helping me learn more about me.
    That's awesome, Michele! Congratulations!
    "The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!” -- Jack Kerouac