Thread: Sweater dress?

If only dreams came true. susancheerleader's Avatar

Sweater dress?

I recently bought a sweater dress. It is form fitting down to my kneecaps. It is sooo comfortable! Probably the most comfortable feeling ever. I wear it with a pair of leggings or tights.
    All I can say is I wish I can wear it outside my house. Other then my family knowing, (and it's DADT) I am pretty much in the closet. Except I do wear women's clothes but in a manner not highly obvious.
    In other words, wearing this to the store probably isn't happening.
    Last edited by susancheerleader; 01-27-2017 at 08:18 PM.

Go for a little drive in it. Maybe stop for a short errand along the way...

That is your choice not to take your new dress out & about.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I have several sweater dresses. And they don't go to my knees. Very short. Feel great, especially in the fall and winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    That is your choice not to take your new dress out & about.
    Yes. It is my choice. And one I don't like making. 1) it is very socially unacceptable in my town. 2) I don't pass. Not by a long shot.
    I really wish that I had a person (not you tube) showing me makeup and all the other tricks.

The way i feel is if you have the opportunity to do it then go for it

Love wearing sweater dresses in the winter

Platinum Member
    This week I received an Apt 9 sweater dress that is lovely. It's gray with silver threads throughout. As I am tall the dress hits me slightly above the knees which is OK. The sleeves are actually long enough to come down to my wrists. I also have some long sleeves sweater dresses in brown and red. There's plenty of opportunity left to the season to get out and wear a sweater dress. It does not get as cold in western Washington State so I'm able to get by with sheer hosiery. Maine? Brrrrr!

Would love to wear a sweaterdress with a pair of leggings! Pink of course 😍

Hi Susan, I have a couple of sweeter dresses and yes very comfortable.
    As for the makeup query if your able to locate and get to a dressing service away from your hometown in my experience they are very discreet and well worth it for the experience and makeup tutorial.
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!

I have a hard time with sweaters and sweater dresses. They usually end up making me look bulky up top. I recently purchased one from venus that I so wanted to love but it made me look like I was powerlifting again. As for going out, take your time. Either you will become comfortable with the idea or the need will push you out the door. When I first started going out I couldn't for the life of me understand why I wanted to put myself out there like that. Now, it just feels right to be out dressed correctly.

This is what I bought on Amazon
    Attached Images Attached Images

I want that!
    "Samm" Sammara Michaels

I also speak fluent sarcasm

I have a couple of sweater dresses and find them very compfy .Usually i pair them with leggings or black tights
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Aspiring Member
    I have 3 sweater dresses and absolutely love them. So comfortable, but still look really stylish with the right accessories.

Banned Read only
    I would love to have it too

Platinum Member
    Hi Susan, Sweater dresses are so much fun to wear......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Aspiring Member
    I bought my first one last month and I absolutely love it! Comfortable, and flattering. For sure I'll get more!

I love sweater dresses! It's my go-to for work in the colder months. Leggings, a nice pair of boots, and a scarf to add a pop of color... that's my style!

My bf also wears sweater dresses around the house. He looks so cute in them! I can't tell if he's interested in wearing them out. A conversation I keep meaning to spark up, but I don't want him to feel like I'm trying to push him beyond his comfort zone.
    "The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!” -- Jack Kerouac

I have two. One is kinda small in my opinion as it barley covers my butt. But yet it is comfortable. The other is the one I am bragging about. It goes to my knees and it is so comfortable. I love wearing it.

I have a maxi-sweater dress that I got from fullbeauty. It's sooo comfy, and sooo warm.

I absolutely love sweater dresses, they are just so comfortable to wear and for the colder weather I will also wear tights or leggings - perfect!! My sweater dresses range in length from just above the knee to a 'midi' length.

I like sweater dresses! I only have one but it is lilac in color and everyone seemed to like it when I shared some photos of it! I want to get at least one more. It doesn't get too cold here in NC and i can wear pantyhose with it! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by susancheerleader View Post
    This is what I bought on Amazon
    Wow
    This reminds me of my Mom's blue outfit, I used during my teenage. It was same length and full sleeve-- used to fit my body showing all 'curves' :-) Still recall the thrill.