Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
What I am really asking here is what the psych. community thinks about MtF CDing, is it O.K.; if so why is society dragging their a** on acceptance? And I hope you don't say because we are such a small number, there are other groups that are also small but accepted i.e. the Washington Redskins fans (joke, handle it).
The 'psych community' believes CDing is ok. Swimtran's post earlier in this thread said that she went to a therapist who said it's not a problem. And I agree; it's not a disorder.

As for societal acceptance? I'm sure that there are a lot more CDs than TS women. Yet how often do you see CDs organizing and advocating and speaking out for acceptance? How often do you see CDs being out and open? You all outnumber us by a huge margin, yet you don't do anything to increase visibility or awareness. I'm not saying you have to go do a live television interview, but do you even tell your friends about your CDing? Or do you hide in the shadows, not even telling your wives about something that is so important to you?

I'm sure there are a few who do, but the vast majority of CDs are in the closet. Until CDs come out and increase their visibility and advocate for acceptance, things won't change. If CDing is an important part of who you are, then prove it! Be proud of it, own it, and be open about it. Yes, it will require sacrifice - every marginalized group has had to suffer blood and tears to earn acceptance. It doesn't come for free, and it doesn't come on the backs of transsexuals. CDs will need to earn it themselves - and they can - if they try.