Thread: The stars finally aligned

The stars finally aligned

Friday one of my children were on a school trip and wasn't expected back till later in the night, my wife called me and told me that my other one got last minute tickets and is going to show. Looks like there may be some Maria time coming. Then the brain buster happened, my boss told me it was a productive week and I was looking tierd and to take the rest of the day off and start the weekend early. OMG! Is hell going to freeze over or what. I get home and now for the first time in years it's about me, I actually had time to try different make-up colours and try on different outfits and pick the perfect jewelry for the outfit. For the first time in years I didn't have to rush, I didn't have to worry that someone was coming home. When I was done I looked in the mirror and looked and felt like a princess.
    A few hours later my wife came home from work and I was preparing dinner, she came in and she was acting strange and starring at me, I asked her what was her problem. She said she walked in the door and seen a women in the kitchen and thought she entered the wrong house, and when she realized it was me she couldn't believe how beautiful i looked and scary on how far I have come. I was alittle emotional and told her I couldn't have did any of this without her help and support.
    I don't know why but we were eating dinner and my wife was always staring at me and talking to me like I was a stranger, I asked her if it would be alright with her if I went for a drive for a few hours.
    I drove around for a few hours and it felt great to just be out, even though I never get out of the car, on my way home my wife asked me to pick up a coffee. I took of my earrings and wig off and put on my jacket, there was a teenage girl working at the drive thru. She was handing me the first coffee and she said " I like your pearl necklace " I didn't think I heard what she said and asked her to repeat herself, she handed me the second coffee and she pointed at my neck and said " your necklace it's nice where did you get it" WHAT! I never had any kind of conversation, with a stranger about my dressing before. I told her my wife bought it for me and I think it's Swarovski, she said she liked it and wished me a goodnight. I drove away and looked in the mirror and because I didn't zip my jacket all the way up the lace of my camisole and my pearl necklace was showing. I was surprised how comfortable the young girl spoke to me, almost like they are more opened minded and how the conversation felt so normal. Years ago she would have called her co-workers and laughted at me.
    I got home and I was so disappointed to get changed, I didn't want the night to end but I alway don't take it for granted and felt lucky it even happened. I then thanked my wife for everything she does for me, as much as my wife is a very big part of my dressing, I have to thank everyone here that for all your help and advice throughout the years. Maria was nothing before I joined this site. Sorry I rambled on a little but I feel like I only come here and complain and vent, so I wanted to share a happy story for once.
    Friday was an amazing day and if I didn't out myself anywhere it felt like for the first time in years everything fell into place. I should have looked up at the sky that night because it felt like for the first time in years the stars actually aligned for me.

So happy for you, Maria!!! It sounds like a much deserved day of expression for you. I had a great Friday too, out and about enfemme. It really is a liberating feeling, isn't it?

*Hugs*
    Brittany

Ramble on Sweetheart.
    All we girls love to hear of good adventures and have great support is like having iceing on your cak and then getting to eat it at the same time keeping it. Did you by chance take a few photos that you dare to share?
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Well let that sounds like an awesome Friday night!

Maria, I'm so happy you got time to your self.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

This made my heart smile 😊

So glad you got Maria time!! It is so nice that your wife is so supportive! And as others said ramble on we love good stories that are happy! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

That is so wonderful, Maria! Thank you for sharing!

As for the girl in the drive-thru, the millennials are a lot more open-minded and accepting than some others. They've played a big part in the LGBT rights movement, and very many of them as allies.
    "The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!” -- Jack Kerouac

Glad you had a wonderful Friday good things come to those who wait look like it might be a good year for you enjoy
    hugs
    Ronda

It's a happy story and I'm so happy for you, but still it breaks my heart a bit when you talk about going trying to hide your beautiful self when you went into the coffee shop. I'm looking forward to the day the story includes you going into the coffee shop without fear and experiencing the acceptance of the clerk. But it's one step after another. Congratulations.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Aspiring Member
    It is a great story and it's also great that you appreciate and understand your wife. It is difficult for many of them. I occasionally think about what it would be like if it was the opposite and I was seeing a dude not a beautiful and gentle wife. It would be hard no doubt about it.

Platinum Member
    Hi Maria, That is the kind of wonderful story that makes it al worth while......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

It sounds like it was a really awesome day. You go girl!
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

OH Maria, I'm just so so happy for you. Please give your wonderful wife a hug for me as there are not enough supportive wives.

The stars have aligned for me on occasions too.

It is great when it happens.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Hi Maria,

Great story and thanks for sharing it with us. It's so nice to hear of the good outcomes like this. It is wonderful to have a supporting spouse and being able to get out once in a while.

Hugs
    Jolene

You never ramble - very nice post

Good for you Maria!
    I'm half the man I used to be, and twice the person that I once was...and Nothing beats a great pair of L'eggs. Be all you can be ladies! WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

What a great post thank you for sharing.

In addition to thanking your wife, it might be good to sit down with her and ask her to talk about her feelings when she was staring at you. Our wives have just as complicated an internal dialog as we do, and sharing her side of the 'growth' trajectory is important!
    We are all beautiful...!

What a great experience! You are indeed very lucky.

Maria, What a great experience, The stasr aligned perfectly for you and you had a wonderful experience with your wife.
    Part Time Girl

Damm that sounds fun! good for you
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.